Ava Max - 'Diamonds & Dancefloors'

Supervillain

What was the point in announcing the album and giving us this ugly cover without dropping another single at least.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• sbenci

5 hours ago, smartalek22 said:

I don't really understand since TikTok didn't exist before she was signed. But, this seems like one of her most comfortable interviews I've ever seen.

Tik Tok was a different name, I believe it was called Musically or something. Gaga had videos of her singing Million Reasons on it from 2016

1 minute ago, Edibles. said:

Tik Tok was a different name, I believe it was called Musically or something. Gaga had videos of her singing Million Reasons on it from 2016

Oh yes the memories are flooding back to me now :ninja:

Honestly had high hopes for the new era but the single considering it's a lead is just, very flat. Can't imagine how more underwhelming the rest of the album will be. The thing with her is underwhelming music, and its really that simple. The label and radio support is right there just she isn't making good material. She was just in her element when she made SBP and has pretty much just been caking off that since then. My Head & My Heart was an absolute bop and that area of music is where she should continue to expand in, four on the floor beats with deep bass synths.

^ Fully disagree. The new single isn’t her best but it’s much better than 3/4 of her debut record. The Motto and MH2 are in her top 5 songs also.

6 hours ago, Great808 said:

My Head & My Heart was an absolute bop and that area of music is where she should continue to expand in

You want her to make the same song over and over again? She tried that with every time i cry & it bomb.

I do think her lead single isn’t lead worthy more 3rd single but it’s nice she change it up. I’m hoping the next song will be the club banger you want!

8 hours ago, Great808 said:

Honestly had high hopes for the new era but the single considering it's a lead is just, very flat. Can't imagine how more underwhelming the rest of the album will be. 

Every song on the new album is very different. It’s pop but it also has influences from 90s, 80s…not only just one genre,” she explains. “I wanted to mix a lot of genres on this album. I really wanted you to be on a journey.”

This is to assure who didn't like MYATP :lakitu:

i love how she has posted a bunch of bts shoots from the mv but couldnt post a single promo pic from the album shoot :rip: 

Hope there's a deluxe with ETIC and TM (probably Japan edition or something). The cover is fine, and H&H was fine too.

I wonder if Atlantic will even let her release any more singles if MYTP underperforms :deadbanana4:

The way they aren't releasing piano version, making of and the performance on her youtube... It's like they want to flop but she really never does  :deadbanana4:

So she really announced an album that doesn’t even exist just to leave us hanging… it’s a never-ending scheme 

31 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

So she really announced an album that doesn’t even exist just to leave us hanging… it’s a never-ending scheme 

What do you mean it doesn’t exist? :rip:

On 6/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, Totami Legend said:

This is to assure who didn't like MYATP :lakitu:

Thank god. I hope The Motto and EIC are on the album.

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

uhm what

1 hour ago, Supervillain said:

Let me guess: Atlantic doesnt wanna see through with it because MYTP is underperforming?

5 minutes ago, Joyride said:

mte

I don’t get it

6 minutes ago, Matangi said:

uhm what

55 minutes ago, Shoful said:

What do you mean it doesn’t exist? :rip:

I’m joking obviously but it was really pointless to just give us the cover and date without any new song or some concrete album info. It’s so weird that there’s no details in the press release, just bragging about her stats. :gaycat6: 

Usually when artists announce their albums it’s more fun, like we get track lengths or some songs descriptions, titles, photos from the album shoot… I know it is still early but maybe they should have waited a couple of months before launching the preorder so the wait would be easier. 

Edited by Supervillain

2 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

Let me guess: Atlantic doesnt wanna see through with it because MYTP is underperforming?

But her songs always take months to smash… I think the timing is good 

2 minutes ago, Joyride said:

But her songs always take months to smash… I think the timing is good 

But it’s concering that its not smashing in markets where she usually does well instantly (Norway, Netherlands)

Chart performance for "Maybe You're the Problem"
Chart (2022) Peak
position
Argentina Anglo (Monitor Latino)[12] 14
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[13] 32
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[14] 41
Croatia (HRT)[15] 11
Czech Republic (Rádio – Top 100)[16] 19
Finnish Airplay (Radiosoittolista)[17] 62
Guatemala Anglo (Monitor Latino)[18] 9
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[19] 30
Netherlands (Airplay Top 50)[20] 13
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[21] 25
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[22] 77
New Zealand Hot Singles (RMNZ)[23] 21
Norway (VG-lista)[24] 34
Panama Anglo (Monitor Latino)[25] 13
Poland (Polish Airplay Top 100)[26] 39
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[27] 42
Spain Airplay (PROMUSICAE)[28] 11
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[29] 55
UK Singles (OCC)[9] 83
US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)[30] 26
US Mainstream Top 40(Billboard)[31] 29

4 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

But it’s concering that its not smashing in markets where she usually does well instantly (Norway, Netherlands)

Chart (2022) Peak
position
Croatia (HRT)[15] 11
Norway (VG-lista)[24] 34
UK Singles (OCC)[9] 83

Maybe if she cared a bit to promote this instead of going on vacations every weekend… :gaycat6: 

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

Maybe if she cared a bit to promote this instead of going on vacations every weekend… :gaycat6: 

I don’t think promotion would do much. It was the wrong song to release as a lead. I hope I’m proven wrong in a month or two though

47 minutes ago, pieceofgök said:

Chart (2022) Peak
position
Croatia (HRT)[15] 11
Norway (VG-lista)[24] 34
UK Singles (OCC)[9] 83

are her songs reactive to promo? I'm unaware if she's promoting outside the US, I also have no idea if The Motto has died down yet, I don't really follow any charts.

The way I jumped on my seat :rip:

Having the album delayed would be the last straw :gaylorcat1:

2 hours ago, Supervillain said:

I’m joking obviously but it was really pointless to just give us the cover and date without any new song or some concrete album info. It’s so weird that there’s no details in the press release, just bragging about her stats. :gaycat6: 

Usually when artists announce their albums it’s more fun, like we get track lengths or some songs descriptions, titles, photos from the album shoot… I know it is still early but maybe they should have waited a couple of months before launching the preorder so the wait would be easier. 

Maybe they’re waiting for a tour to start the big promo :skull:

No insider can spill what’s going on?