Ava Max - 'Diamonds & Dancefloors'

Supervillain

#2 on New Zealand and Australian iTunes, #5 in Japan!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• sbenci

GOMH currently has me hooked! But the entire album is very solid

praying for a top 5 UK debut :weeps: 

2 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

what exactly is sampled in Ghost? 

There is no sample or interpolation in Ghost, but maybe it reminds you of Sacrifice by Bebe Rexha?

Ghost :jonny: 

D&D (the **** is this, one of the best ******* pop songs I’ve ever heard holy. *******. ****.) :jonny6:

Shes the EMPEROR of pop at this stage 

Darth Ava nation RISEEEE

Just finishing up my first full listen, I'm so glad I held out and didn't listen to all of the leaks. :weeps: The album is perfect, not a dull moment or skip.

Thoughts summaried:

- "Sleepwalker" is THAT BOP, I can see why she kept it close. Definitely nice to have something to listen to that I had absolutely no idea what I was expecting.

- "Ghost" is still a massive bop, one of the few leaks I actually did listen to since I couldn't get the snippet out of my head. Strong potential single choice.

- "Hold Up (Wait a Minute)" was actually better than I was expecting, a nice bop.

- "Weapons" actually sounds a lot more explosive and energetic in the context of the album - love it!

- "Diamonds & Dancefloors" actually made me emotional, this was the song I was the most excited for and it lived up to my hype. Her magnum opus, periodT!

- "Get Outta My Heart" was another slay moment, really loved the general vibe and beat of this one.

- "Last Night On Earth" is my second favourite track after the title track, it's honestly a masterpiece and probably in my Top 5 of all of Ava's songs!

- "Dancing's Done" works really well as the album closer here, perfect placement and still a great bop.

I liked the other songs too but need to listen to the album more, these were just my strongest opinions on first listen! I also really liked "Turn Off The Lights".

1 minute ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

D&D (the **** is this, one of the best ******* pop songs I’ve ever heard holy. *******. ****.) :jonny6:

Literally though. I stopped everything I was doing as soon as it came on, just lay back and closed my eyes and felt goosebumps like I can't even describe what this song does to me. It scratches a pop music itch I've had since the early 2010s. Just divine.

The fact that she said Dancing’s Done is the sound for the next album :jonny: her The Ava Monster is here we won so hard 

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Literally though. I stopped everything I was doing as soon as it came on, just lay back and closed my eyes and felt goosebumps like I can't even describe what this song does to me. It scratches a pop music itch I've had since the early 2010s. Just divine.

It just perfectly encapsulates everything I love about pop music. Just reminds you that proper POP music will never really be dead. A rush of euphoria :jonny: 

So she did it? Album is good? Better than her first?

ETIC was the perfect bridge between debut and this :jonny: 

3 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

The fact that she said Dancing’s Done is the sound for the next album :jonny: her The Ava Monster is here we won so hard 

:jonny: :jonny: :jonny: her best song ever

3 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

‘Diamonds & Dancefloors & Demons (Deluxe)’ is coming. :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

It just perfectly encapsulates everything I love about pop music. Just reminds you that proper POP music will never really be dead. A rush of euphoria :jonny: 

Yes, exactly this. Pure euphoric, pop bliss. Pop music will never be low brow. :keir:

2 minutes ago, Katamari said:

As a H&H stan, I can say D&D is definitely an upgrade overall. H&H was Ava finding her place in pop, and D&D is her owning it.

FFFFFFF pop music fans are gonna eat this up :drool:

6 minutes ago, Katamari said:

i think d&d is more consistent than h&h

This album is ******* excellent, I've always made fun of her from the minute she debuted and now she showed me. 

For those who haven't, please embrace the pop brilliance that is miss Amanda Koci and submit/laminate your avatar/maxipad stan card by EOD today. Thank you.