Andor - Star Wars: Episode 12 Out! - Season Finale

publikcitizen

The “Andor” series will explore a new perspective from the Star Wars galaxy, focusing on Cassian Andor’s journey to discover the difference he can make. The series brings forward the tale of the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire and how people and planets became involved. It’s an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue where Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a rebel hero.

Diego Luna returns as Cassian Andor and is joined by cast members Genevieve O’Reilly (Mon Mothma), Stellan Skarsgård, Adria Arjona, Denise Gough and Kyle Soller. The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy, Sanne Wohlenberg, Diego Luna and Michelle Rejwan. Tony Gilroy is the creator and showrunner. Season One will have 12 episodes. A second season is already in the work and will lead into Rogue One. 

Edited by publikcitizen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• BuzzCharts

• Lovett

• mystery

Trailer and visuals look great.  You can tell Lucasfilm puts a lot more money into these compared to what the marvel shows get. 

Edited by BuzzCharts

This actually looks pretty good which is surprising considering how their Disney+ shows have been looking so visually bland lately.

17 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

Trailer and visuals look great.  You can tell Lucasfilm puts a lot more money into these compared to what the marvel shows get. 

For real! Based on the quick glimpse of the Imperial Senate scene in the trailer, we might get a cameo from Palpatine!

I'm actually getting excited for this tbh! The show sounded kinda meh when it was first announced but it looks like it has a lot of potential.

hoping for it to be good 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This looks gorgeous, expensive and much more polished than Obi-Wan, which is surprising given how Obi-Wan is such an iconic character in the franchise. 

Release date has been pushed back to September 21st. 

Looks like the reason this looks so different visually from the other Star Wars shows is because they didn't shoot on the volume at all. It is all real location shooting and sets. 

The kii that Obi-Wan looks so much cheaper than this. Not hating though, it looks really good. I'll be perched Sept 21.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ATRL Moderator

Happy to see this getting strong reviews! Definitely will be tuning in (but I have to finish Boba and Obi Wan I fear)

I haven't watched it yet but I will in a couple of hours! I'm actually hyped. It seems to be getting a lot of good reviews.

And the 1-2-3-PUNCH with a three-episode premiere :jonny:

My expectations were extremely low but the first 3 episodes were a total slay. I probably wouldn’t have liked it as much if I was only watching one episode at a time. I will try to avoid this show so I can binge 3 or 4 episodes at a time.

• ATRL Moderator

Happy to hear that people are liking this, excited to give it a watch!

I'm surprised by the extremely positive reactions.  I was really looking forward to this, but the first two eps were incredibly boring.  The opening in the brothel and then Cassian killing the two guards was great (and very dark for a Disney project) but then... nothing happened.  I'm all for a character driven slow burn, but the plot needs to move forward too.  

And I can't believe we have to deal with boring ass flashbacks again.  This is already a prequel.  We don't need flashbacks.

Hopefully it picks up soon.  

wow, this is a really incredible show. i really love the writing and the aesthetic of this show. i love how the show is taking its time to breathe and build up the storyline. can't wait to see coruscant and mon motha in the upcoming episodes. ready to see more of the empire. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.