The Popjustice Twenty Quid Prize Rate Part 2 ('08-'12)

Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator

'Dance wiv Me' is doing things to me right about now.

wwwfpujke.gif

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• madonnas

• supaspaz

• prézli

I went to All Fired Up on the playlist first. I've had a complicated relationship with that one since the beginning because I love and hate it all at the same time for being so annoyingly basic, but I really just can't help myself but bop to it now :jonny:

On 5/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, KLatz said:

I went to All Fired Up on the playlist first. I've had a complicated relationship with that one since the beginning because I love and hate it all at the same time for being so annoyingly basic, but I really just can't help myself but bop to it now :jonny:

Issa banger yeah but it is also really annoying. It was so bad at the time I hated it but now I wish that sound would come back in pop. I just miss fun :weeps: 

13 hours ago, Doogle said:

Issa banger yeah but it is also really annoying. It was so bad at the time I hated it but now I wish that sound would come back in pop. I just miss fun :weeps: 

Same sis same. We need that fun, party spirit back in pop like the early 2010s so the girls and guys can serve bangers again. We all just wanna have a little fun again :weeps:

Halfway through and damn, I know this is such a blasphemy to say on pride month, but I will stand by it - mainstream pop really was at its all time low in late 00s/early 10s. So so much overproduced generic crap

I think I'm rooting for The Fear to win, but it's probably gonna be one of the GA classics taking it

Edited by BlackoutZone

• ATRL Moderator

I'm offended I was not notified about this!

• ATRL Moderator

So many good gems in this song list.  I feel pretty attached since from 2009-2012 I used to download the UK Top 40 charts from a certain boating website every month.

A&E is the obvious stand out, but songs like Heart Skips A Beat, I'm Not Alone, In For The Kill, That's Not My Name are all top notch too :clap3: 

The song list is missing a little Pixie Lott though!  

The chorus of method of modern love is lovely

wwwfpujke.gif

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/1/2022 at 2:44 PM, khalyan said:

I'm offended I was not notified about this!

My sister, my sister! I'm "glad you came."

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, BlackoutZone said:

Halfway through and damn, I know this is such a blasphemy to say on pride month, but I will stand by it - mainstream pop really was at its all time low in late 00s/early 10s. So so much overproduced generic crap

I think I'm rooting for The Fear to win, but it's probably gonna be one of the GA classics taking it

The 2012 outing is embarrassing. 1) Call My Name is better than everything there and 2) Will Young won for that??!?!

• ATRL Moderator

How we coming along with votes girls? 

I 1000% would need another week at the very least

Okay I'm off on a trip this weekend so I'm making a start to my rates now. :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator

I will submit mine this weekend :smitten: 

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I 1000% would need another week at the very least

Doable!

Thanks for the extension! I'm only about halfway through, but I'll try to finish up this weekend.

I know this may not be the highest quality pop era, but I'm really having fun with some of these songs. I have a special affinity for that time period in music though, so maybe I'm just gonna always love a good late 00s Pop&B/dance-pop track when I hear one :laugh: Also, the way I gave The Boy Does Nothing my lowest score on initial listen then had the chorus stuck in my mind during work yesterday. It's giving camp and I'm kinda obsessed now :jamming:

Doing my first rounds of listening

***** I forgot I used to be an OLLY for a hot second. I'm bopping down to 'Skips a bit.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, KLatz said:

Thanks for the extension! I'm only about halfway through, but I'll try to finish up this weekend.

I know this may not be the highest quality pop era, but I'm really having fun with some of these songs. I have a special affinity for that time period in music though, so maybe I'm just gonna always love a good late 00s Pop&B/dance-pop track when I hear one :laugh: Also, the way I gave The Boy Does Nothing my lowest score on initial listen then had the chorus stuck in my mind during work yesterday. It's giving camp and I'm kinda obsessed now :jamming:

Oh TBDN is amazing!

PJ's obsession with Mini Viva that one year was... sorry @Doogle

3 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

Oh TBDN is amazing!

PJ's obsession with Mini Viva that one year was... sorry @Doogle

:ahh: I’m just happy to know I wasn’t alone 

Actually this looks like a slay of a rate

The 2011 one is kind of a cackle with Rolling in the Deep as the runner-up to The Saturdays (I know it’s in alphabetical order but that’s beside the point). Nadia or Nicola should’ve won that year.

• ATRL Moderator
On 5/28/2022 at 12:54 AM, Doogle said:

On 5/28/2022 at 2:17 PM, KLatz said:

Same sis same. We need that fun, party spirit back in pop like the early 2010s so the girls and guys can serve bangers again. We all just wanna have a little fun again :weeps:

All Fired Up is like if Gaspar Noe made a 3.5 minute pop song. Iygiygi!

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Sazare said:

Actually this looks like a slay of a rate

The 2011 one is kind of a cackle with Rolling in the Deep as the runner-up to The Saturdays (I know it’s in alphabetical order but that’s beside the point). Nadia or Nicola should’ve won that year.

Promise This should have been included but Cheryl must have slapped Peter Robinson in a bathroom once or something…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.