Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Switching from iPhone to Galaxy S8?

38 posts in this topic

I played with this phone at Best Buy and wow the screen is amazing :jonny:

kinda wanna make the switch..any S8 owners here can give me there thoughts? The only thing I'd miss is iMessage :(

Wait forcthe iPhone 8 if you can, it'll be like the s8, but with iOS. 

Literally wait. iOS is a much better operating system. And all of the rumors are pointing to the next iPhone as having a full faced display, even more so than the S8. 

Switch!!! It's the best thing to do!!!!:celestial:

Instead of iMessage there's Allo & Hangouts which are also available to iOS users. 

There's a Microsd slot, custom home screens, widgets on the home screen, and you can hide apps in an app drawer! :smitten2:

Wait for the iPhone 8, and if you still think the S8 is better than swtich.

18 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Wait for the iPhone 8, and if you still think the S8 is better than swtich.

To be fair, a few months after the iPhone Whatever comes out it'll almost be time for the next Galaxy. You really can't win. 

---

But I will say this much OP, the Galaxy S8 is great hardware but it's still Android. And while it has pros, it's cons against iOS make it a less smart option in the long run. Android updates aren't exactly reliable for more than maybe 2 years, if that. While iPhones and other iOS devices can run the latest software for years. The 2012 iPhone 5 is still supported to this day 

If you want a 2-year software support kind of phone, then be my guest, get an android. If you just want the screen, wait for the next iPhone rumoured to look like S8 or even better.

I'm doing the opposite. I'm switching with my Samsung mid-range phone to an iPhone (6s or 7). I had the 4 before and it lasted 5 years, so I want the type of phones that lasts longer :cm:

50 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Literally wait. iOS is a much better operating system. And all of the rumors are pointing to the next iPhone as having a full faced display, even more so than the S8. 

This. 

why would you switch to android

it's like swapping angelina jolie for meghan trainor

If you're already on iOS, you're probably better off waiting for the iPhone 8. But the Galaxy S8 is amazing. I have one and it's the best phone I've ever owned, the camera is gorgeous and the actual body of the phone is so well built and beautiful. :clap3:  Maybe if you don't like the iPhone 8 then switch, but you should at least wait until then.

Wait for the iPhone 8 and the superior Galaxy Note8

4 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

To be fair, a few months after the iPhone Whatever comes out it'll almost be time for the next Galaxy. You really can't win. 

---

But I will say this much OP, the Galaxy S8 is great hardware but it's still Android. And while it has pros, it's cons against iOS make it a less smart option in the long run. Android updates aren't exactly reliable for more than maybe 2 years, if that. While iPhones and other iOS devices can run the latest software for years. The 2012 iPhone 5 is still supported to this day 

What kind of fool would try to install IOS10 on their iPhone 5 anyway. 

IOS is a more reliable operating system though, definitely. If you like the GS8 that much then do it! They're really just phones that mostly do the same things, just in different ways. I've switched once, doesn't take much to get used to if you're technologically literate :flower:

wait for iphone 8 

My bf switched from his iphone6 to a samsung s8 and he loves it, this phone is flawless ! The quality of glass by samsung >>>> everything

8 hours ago, ONOPKA said:

:dies:

10 hours ago, ctrclub said:

Switch!!! It's the best thing to do!!!!:celestial:

Instead of iMessage there's Allo & Hangouts which are also available to iOS users. 

There's a Microsd slot, custom home screens, widgets on the home screen, and you can hide apps in an app drawer! :smitten2:

This.

The S8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

im doing the same thing in a few months ive always do iphone in spring and summer for some cute beach photos then in fall and winter galaxy

Wait for the Galaxy Note 8. 

7 hours ago, Butters said:

What kind of fool would try to install IOS10 on their iPhone 5 anyway. 

IOS is a more reliable operating system though, definitely. If you like the GS8 that much then do it! They're really just phones that mostly do the same things, just in different ways. I've switched once, doesn't take much to get used to if you're technologically literate :flower:

The kind of fool who wants their device to be secured from the latest threats. I assume you feel that it would slow the phone down? Well it didn't for me. iOS 8 wrecked havoc on my performance until the last couple 8.x updates but 9 and especially 10 performed great. 

What kind of fool would downgrade from an iPhone to an Android!

22 hours ago, ONOPKA said:

Nnnnnnnnnn :dies:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0