Wednesday | Streaming Now | Renewed for Season 2

Gossip_Boy

It's alright but i don't understand the overwhelming success?? Did I miss something?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Gossip_Boy

• Anye

• Hector

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of the success is that the Addams Family franchise hasn’t had a great showing in quite a while.  Not only did it have a compelling storyline, it developed the characters in ways they hadn’t been written before. Were there some weak moments? Absolutely. Did they develop and grow the characters in ways that hadn’t been shown before? Also, absolutely. The underlying plot lines carried the show whereas the surface plots were weak and what dragged the show down. The final episode trying to give everyone the spotlight kind of dragged down the episode but it still was a solid finale. 

I just finished watching and I can see why it’s big. It’s got that very classic family-friendly feel to it that Stranger Things also has going for it. I should mention the pacing was really good as well, I was into the story right from Episode 1 and it didn’t feel like it took a long time to get interesting. It’s definitely not amazing by any means, but it is sure as hell a lot better than most of the YA series tht  have been put out lately. 

I like the show. I'm glad there's a show that filled in the void that Sabrina left.

I mean the story line was very basic and was very predictable, but the success of the show is due to the following factors:

- The relatability of Wednesday: Everyone has a bit of Apathy in them. Wednesday is full of it and says and acts everything we usually think about but we don’t because of our empathy.

- The nostalgia of Addams Family: This is the first spinn off/ reboot that feels respectful to the OG’s

- The great acting of Ortega

- There hasn’t been a great debut show since Squite Game.

That’s it…

I do hope they will work on the plot next season because this season was not it for me.

Edited by KevinKDC

Just finished watching it, it was weak in many aspects. 

But the lead actress and her chemistry with her roommate carried. Especially the lead actress she chewed that role and demanded attention every she was on screen, even though follow up lines couldn't get more predictable. 

There were a few flaws but overall I loved this :clap3: 

Jenna Ortega and Catherine Zeta Jones were both perfect casting, interested to see what they do for the next season.

Top streaming, linear and nightly news programs, Nov. 19-25, 2022, U.S. (Samba TV)

Top streaming, linear and nightly news programs, Nov. 19-25, 2022, U.S. (Samba TV)

The way Jenna Ortega keeps STOMP STOMPING:

sad girl aesthetic (but ironic) — JENNA ORTEGA in WEDNESDAY (2022–) cr. Tim  Burton ...

The way this show is just all the Harry Potter movies combined :rip:

I enjoyed it though. Very campy and I like the humor, although some of the acting is not good (I'm looking at you Bianca)

the 7 most searched ppl on imdb last week are all from this show:

1 Wednesday

2 Enid Sinclair

3 Marilyn Thornhill

4 Larissa Weems

5 Valerie Kinbott

6 Tyler Galpin

7 Morticia

Seem the first 3 episodes its addictive

On 11/25/2022 at 10:35 AM, The Witch said:

Tyler is married to a man irl

spacer.png

Seriously?

I find the show pretty dull, but very thankful for it giving Gaga her Kate Bush moment :clap3:

Just finished watching, yeah its not really that good i think its on par with locke and key im surprised its becoming very succesful???

Enid sinclair steals the show tho. 

3 hours ago, The Witch said:

Is Hunter Doohan Married? Does Tyler From Wednesday Have a Wife or a Husband? Is He Gay? His Sexuality and Partner Revealed!

Cute 

The show was fun and the casting was fantastic, the main Aadams family in particular (Did NOT care for Fester tho…). 

Bianca was interesting, I liked her voice but those contacts kept breaking my immersion, lol.

The more I think about it, I actually didn't really love the show nn. It's very Disney Channel and tween-ish, which is why the success make sense. But Jenna is such a star that she made it worthwhile. With anyone else it would have been severely weakened. I hope they make it darker and more mature in future seasons, I think they probably will. Stranger Things had to find that balance around season 3 and 4.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Jenna is truly the new Supreme :clap3: Hoping she gets enough acclaim to translate to an Emmy nomination too. 

It was good overall but Jenna's portrayal of Wednesday basically carried the show, I don't think I would've finished the season if she wasn't as good as she was. Definitely didn't care for any of the characters outside of the Addams family and Principal Weems.

I finished watching and mostly liked it. The casting was good and thought I had figured out who the killer was in episode 4 it was still a nice finale.  Tyler is bae. :gaycat2:

• ATRL Moderator

I finally watched this. Really enjoyed it. Jenna Ortega did a fantastic job. I hope they maybe make the show a bit darker and more focused in the next season, though. Also, I hope the budget gets a bit thicker cause the FX for the monster was serving Disney Channel.

Roman Holiday

This show was awful. Like, Riverdale awful. The conversion therapy scene confirmed that for me :rip:

But it’s made Jenna a superstar, so I’m happy about that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.