• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Gossip_Boy

• Anye

• Hector

Top Posters In This Topic

This was excellent.  Casting was great,  and the finale was a collapse :jonny5: Very curious to see what season 2 will entail since there were a few cliffhangers left out in the open. 

Edited by Hector

I don't understand why Wednesday gets her own special uniform at the school. Isn't the point of a uniform that everyone wears the same thing?

On 11/25/2022 at 9:35 PM, The Witch said:

Tyler is married to a man irl

spacer.png

my gaydar remains undefeated!

15 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I don't understand why Wednesday gets her own special uniform at the school. Isn't the point of a uniform that everyone wears the same thing?

she's allergic to colour so they played on that joke :ryan2:

On 11/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, The Witch said:

Tyler is married to a man irl

spacer.png

No shade but Lucas was the one pinging hard for me. :rip:

Also I was angry finishing this show, mad disappointed.

This might come across mean but I did not care that the lil bee boy was almost gutted, he's a dummy and was acting far too clingy, it's one thing to not have friends and therefore lack basic social skills but dude was weirdo personified and did not listen. He was cute here and here but his removal was welcomed tbh. Cute moms, inclusion go brrr. 

Wednesday is a moron, or so she was shown to be in episodes 5 and 6.  For someone who was suspicious of the painting boy for having a scratch on the near back of the neck, hard to do for the deformed creature's build, she sure was nonthewiser about Tyler's chest one that was way more shallow and that terrible warning that sounded like he and the monster were right next to each other, lmao. Ridiculous how she didn't find that odd at all and was even in favor of dividing up their force in a territory where the monster could be when she wanted to be with her beehive buddy and that was just to check the lair. 

Enid was low key emotionally blackmailly too, being upset with Wednesday was 100% justified but any kind of "I did xyz for you" stuff that is thrown into someone's face is not out of genuine behavior and many people do this seem to get that. 

Painting boy is pathetic, idk why he keeps coming around like an abused puppy, Roy child realness. Wednesday is also not responsible for returning romantic interest but she's definitely to blame for him feeling like sht on account of being used but man, does he milk it. Also it was so clear he isn't capable of killing anyone, dude's a wuss. 

I do not like Lucas, like at all and they need to stop with the shallow ship for him and Bianca, she actually has potential as a character but they're also missing the boat with her too, way too little screen time and not much work being done for her, ionlikedat.

Also the sheriff and the mayor are dumbasses, like real life ones and that Cruel Intentions ass car hit that rendered him unconscious made me HOWL. I had to pause to laugh it out. 

So ep. 7;

Tyler was also very obvious, verified past of being a bastard, hanging with the group that hates outcasts, hating his dad and defacing property. Dude was a walking red flag.  And how dare they use Perfect Day for that wack ass dead room date.  I was mad asf at what Wednesday allowed and yes, her dumbass allowed it to happen to my boy, Thing. Like how you gonna leave the book in your room when there's a perfectly good safe you can put it back in. Also she didn't even connect tyler again, how you gonna accuse painting boy for proximity but not tyler who was either where you were or knew where you were gonna be when the creature or the master appeared? Like, please.  

Also the dummy jumped to the phsychiatrist but not the f'ing teacher who has access to the flowers, the school grounds and especially her room and would be able to see a student at the hospital without arousing suspicion? She's also the only normie there. This was less offensive though as i too thought she was laura after she was killed, it was clear she was not.  The way she ate up. Every. Thing. Laid. Out. For. Her. When she herself was operating under the belief that the killer was ahead of her and leading her around. 

The, "I should have let Rowan kill you!" was a "Yep!" moment, would've spared us this abominable sequence of events that followed. 

Tyler's "I heard what happened TO xavier" not WITH was good too. You don't say stuff like that unless you're operating as a active party to the event.  Honestly, this show has bastardized Wednesday's character so heinously that another season with the same writers would be disrespectful.  

The principal is the only one done well and is the only character I can say has never switched up and had clear motive and agency from the beginning up to now.  

Ep 8; 

You know, for outcasts, the new gen "Nightshades" are just a bunch of spineless snitches, lol. Here I thought the minor characters were gonna get some interesting development but alas, I expected too much. 

My thoughts during the meeting with xavier in the cell was if he wasn't the master then why the hell would he refuse to help catch the actual hyde, lmao but it makes sense why he wouldn't if he were the master. Their long glances to each other when with Wednesday would then make even more sense beyond their tepid history. Xavier was basically given "how to gaslight" the Gen z edition and read it to Wednesday like he wasn't going to be vindicated if he helped her. 

"Ugh, that's enough." ICONIC! I was gagged, the og Wednesday better but this cheap faux pas in her place. 

I was sitting there wondering why tf would tyler let Wednesday go on when his master is there but thought they were doing some for the sake of love bs and didn't suspect anything by the principal at all, was a good twist. 

And, "My name is LAUREL! *stab*" PERIOD. Get her ass, queen! She earned her wins, she was in charge and was gooping the gurls for literal years. Then the shovel to the face, yes, ma'am she ate that up, that was deserved too and she was out of line for getting my good sis poisoned. Like she was just minding her business and wasn't even doing anything but her duty to the school and for her students. Sht was crazy. That lady was an unnecessary casualty. Wednesday needs to pay for her crimes tbh. I'm firmly team Laurel.  And I forgot about the book of shadows, what a useless object that has been, huh? Kinda like goody has been, for a figure that was supposed to reach out, she dawn sure never even tries really. 

Enid looked good as a werewolf, love the hair/fur. Cracks Crackstone dragging Laurel was a kii, sis was doing too much, like, gimme 6 feet and "never meet you heroes" that sht was culty realness.  Enid did that, yuh! First time and already beating heauxes down, proud of her. Her mom's next on the hitlist too. 

Huh?! Why is xavier, "stay away from her!"-ing cragstone? What happened to that cell energy about ole gurl being toxic? As fickle as that arrow he shot. Did Wednesday also just WALK into that arrow?! Peak comedy.

They did cragstone dirty asf, he barely got 5mins to flex on the kids and he didn't even get to kill anybody. That sucked. Granted, I wanted Laurel to do the big badding, it was her plan afterall so she deserved the spotlight but they made cragstone seem like a weak ass palpatine.  

The NERVE of Wednesday to say bringing a gun was the only smart decision Laurel made today when she was DOGWALKING her gullible wannabe Nancy drew faced ass THE. WHOLE. SCENIC. VIEW. Like gurl! Please have some humility, especially after embarrassing yourself for 3/4 of the entire series. Literal deus-ex-machina had to save you from dying in a pilgrim's grave, sksksk. 

Wait, huh? Wait, what?/trisha. Did we know that Eugene could control bees? I don't recall if we were shown that, he was in gear like he could be harmed by them. 

Did the hug get me? Yeah but in the happy for Enid way, not in the aw, Wednesday grew way. I'm mad disappointed in her. 

Why wasn't the sheriff jailed? He purposefully withheld pertinent information to the investigation and hid the information about his son despite it leading to the events at the school.  The fact that they killed off the one consistently good character is telling. Besides Enid, this show was a failure to me. Also no parents in the ending, wtf?!

Watch the show if you're bored, no other reason to waste your time with it.

It was alright. 

I feel that the start was better and the end was quite meh.

The casting was fine and the acting too imo. The weakest point was the plot. The build up and the end was kinda boring and predictable.

The fact that she came up with the dance moves herself :ahh::clap3:

This was kinda iconic for a 1st season 

I am bit worried about how they'd do Season 2 though 

Loved this series! Absolutely nailed the role :clap3:

Lmao the 1st episode is already triffing af :jonny5:

Can't wait to watch more. This Jenna girl reminds me of Anya Taylor Joy in The queen gambit, absolutely command every scene :clap3:

Finally got round to watching the 1st episode :smitten:

Edited by Ariel

Just watched the whole thing today. So so so so good!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly hope this gets renewed.

Binged watched the entire thing today. I couldn’t stop watching! It was so good. I need season 2 asap! :jonny: 

non-superhero shows classified as comedy, imdb this decade:

ted lasso 212k (apple)

only murders 101k (hulu)

emily in paris 91k (netflix)

upload 67k (prime)

space force 65k (netflix)

i am not okay with this 62k (netflix)

wednesday 60k (netflix)

never have i ever 59k (netflix)

the bear 58k (hulu)

flight attendant 56k (max)

Shouldn't take long to get up to 4th.

Edited by fridayteenage

On 11/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Everything felt very average. Couldnt bring myself to care but it was fine. I just was not amazed.

:coffee:

This was really fun but the final episode felt out of place idk. I did not expect Wednesday to be a sword-weilding hero by the end of it :ahh:

We need to see more of Ajax next season :smitten:

#1 on imdb

actors:

jenna ortega #1

christina ricci #6

gwendoline christie #10 

I loved it :jonny5: 

It's been a while since I've wanted to bing a show but Wednesday had me hooked since ep 1. Sure there were a few things that could have been laid out better but overall the show is great. I hope there is a season 2 but I would be curious with how they go about it. 

it was so good like…REALLY!

she was amazing, she is so talented it makes me just love her. 

it’s a 10/10 return for Tim Burton after the mess that was Alice In Wonderland and everything that followed.

loved loved loved it! 

yes it should have been released early to mid October and steal the spotlight on Halloween but still it’s just timeless.

couldn’t get enough and didn’t want it to end. 

Jena Ortega, you will always be famous!

I'm gonna watch the last 2 episodes tonight. I can't wait :jonny:

Jenna Ortega is the new IT girl after HotD ended :alexz:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.