Emma Stone introduced Taylor to her new boyfriend

17 posts in this topic

GettyImages-120800577.jpg

Sometimes friends set up friends with other friends. And sometimes two of those friends are Emma Stone and Taylor Swift, and the third friend is an up-and-coming actor named Joe Alwyn. What we're trying to say is, Emma Stone reportedly was responsible for setting up Taylor Swift and her new (rumored) beau, Joe Alwyn.

According to the Daily Mail, this whole matchmaking thing began because Stone and Alwyn, who snagged his breakout role as the star of last year's Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, are filming The Favourite, a movie about the reign of Queen Anne, together in the United Kingdom. The Oscar winner introduced Swift to her eligible costar, and in the "several months"—yes, months—since, the singer has been flying to London and traipsing around the city with him in myriad disguises involving hats and scarves to keep their romance under wraps. You know, regular date stuff.

http://www.glamour.com/story/emma-stone-introduced-taylor-swift-joe-alwyn

Oscar winner and a matchmaker. Only talent!

She's such a good friend :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Ryanicorn said:

She's such a good friend :clap3:

635944272070295819464343846_im-such-a-go

That's probably one of the best ways to meet a mate. They've been selected by somebody who sees you from the outside and can therefore see what you bring to the table and what you may need in a partner. 

Matchmaking legend :alexz:

No she didn't. They met last October at a KOL concert, pics came out yesterday of him arriving with her friends.

Yeah I don't necessarily believe this. I'm not saying they aren't friends anymore but we haven't heard or seen anything of them together since summer of 2014.

ellie introducing her to Calvin teas

15 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

That's probably one of the best ways to meet a mate. They've been selected by somebody who sees you from the outside and can therefore see what you bring to the table and what you may need in a partner. 

I would agree, but doesn't everybody say "my friend set me up with the worst person" like 99% of the time?

6 minutes ago, ksmith said:

Yeah I don't necessarily believe this. I'm not saying they aren't friends anymore but we haven't heard or seen anything of them together since summer of 2014.

3 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I would agree, but doesn't everybody say "my friend set me up with the worst person" like 99% of the time?

If I had friends, I may know the answer. But I do know of many people who met through a mutual friend and ended up married. I suppose it's really just a crapshoot when you get down to it :eddie:

16 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

No she didn't. They met last October at a KOL concert, pics came out yesterday of him arriving with her friends.

I agree, especially since he was cast in "The Favourite" just 2 months ago.

5 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

If I had friends, I may know the answer. But I do know of many people who met through a mutual friend and ended up married. I suppose it's really just a crapshoot when you get down to it :eddie:

I relate on a deeply personal level. :deadbanana2:

I don't believe this, even more so when it's coming from the Daily Mail :rip:

But are Emma and Taylor even friends? I haven't seen anything of them interacting in yeaaars

Queen t really loves the d, get it queen

Queen t really loves the d, get it queen

49 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I think that all depends on how close the two friends are and how long they've known one another.  Also sometimes friends are just trying to do what they think is best for you and throw the first thing with a pulse your way...not that I know from experience or anything............ :)