• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

The US has compromised the rights of certain people before for the supposed "greater good" of our country, kind of like interning Japanese Americans during WW2 or the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment on African American men beginning in the 1950's. What's stopping them now? 

Those people weren’t White men. So America is going to feel much different about it. :coffee2:

3 hours ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Shooter was an 18 year old Latino and the right are running with racist border talking points even though he was an American citizen. 

GOP found their “deflection.”

I've also seen them sharing photos on twitter claiming the shooter might be transgender

11 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

I've also seen them sharing photos claiming the shooter might be transgender

It’s been debunked and it’s just a random innocent person.  

How people are using this terrible tragedy to be racist, xenophobic, and transphobic is beyond me…. 

those poor babies. I hope more are found safe. My heart is broken for them and their families :cries:.

Edited by IvyTower

9 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

I've also seen them sharing photos claiming the shooter might be transgender

To clarify, there is no evidence the shooter is trans, because they're not.

They're literally using a random Hispanic person's photos from reddit:

This is unthinkably horrible, and it makes me want to spit that this is just another tragedy that will do nothing to instigate tighter gun restrictions. **** this place.

24 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

This debate on gun laws on Fox new right now :skull: Are Americans just unaware of how every other country lives? The guy acting like it would be such a horrible thing to prevent law-abiding citizens to buy guns :rip:

Fox News is basically a propaganda machine akin to Russian state media.  They make their money feeding ignorance and division. 

This tragedy is just another one to add to a horrible list of events. Nothing will change, ever. There's no way to remove +400 million guns from the streets, there'll never be a solid public healthcare system that can take mental health patients seriously. This country is centered around money and profit, and a majority of Americans have been taught to not give a **** about their communities and strangers. 

I’m never usually this person but it’s so f**king stupid to hear people mentioning their “prayers” at a moment like this. Do they honestly think God will hear their prayers and suddenly decide allowing mass murder of little kids should stop? :skull:

Sending thoughts and prayers and then repeat this tragedy again and again?

IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE AMERICA!!!

All these rhetorical questions as if he ain't the damn President :deadbanana4: GET OFF TWITTER AND DO SOMETHING

Like goddamn who cares if they overturn it in the courts, sign an executive order tonight, you’re the f**king president :skull:  Just sitting on your hands at moments like these is why everyone hates Dems

6 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

It’s been debunked and it’s just a random innocent person.  

Which is what I suspected and is why I didn't link to the posts.

9 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Fox News is basically a propaganda machine akin to Russian state media.  They make their money feeding ignorance and division. 

Well it was a debate, so at least it had 2 sides. But the guy arguing for guns was like "what about all the good 18 year olds that want to buy a gun to go hunting?" :skull:  I just don't get that mindset, who cares if people can't hunt :ace:

5 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I’m never usually this person but it’s so f**king stupid to hear people mentioning their “prayers” at a moment like this. Do they honestly think God will hear their prayers and suddenly decide allowing mass murder of little kids should stop? :skull:

This. It’s so embarrassing and shameful, and it’s almost always offered by the people  who absolutely CAN do something to help, but absolutely will not

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

All these rhetorical questions as if he ain't the damn President :deadbanana4: GET OFF TWITTER AND DO SOMETHING

You know most major actions has to go through congress correct? He’s a flop president, but anything he does through executive action is incredibly likely to get immediately shot down in court (with the makeup of the Supreme Court, that’s guaranteed to happen too). 

It gets annoying having to constantly remind people that action has to happen through CONGRESS, the president isn’t a king 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Kamil24 said:

Well it was a debate, so at least it had 2 sides. But the guy arguing for guns was like "what about all the good 18 year olds that want to buy a gun to go hunting?" :skull:  I just don't get that mindset, who cares if people can't hunt :ace:

There's no rational. I had a person from high school (I'm from a red state) who argued with me that he needs guns to feed his family as if he doesn't go grocery shopping at Kroger. There's no rationale with these people. They just want guns to feel cool and to seem tough.

3 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

What do you want him to do though?  He is only one of three branches of government and the other two are too busy masturbating with their guns.   

6 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

You know most major actions has to go through congress correct? He’s a flop president, but anything he does through executive action is incredibly likely to get immediately shot down in court (with the makeup of the Supreme Court, that’s guaranteed to happen too).

You can use this thinking to not try legislation through Congress (even with a strong majority) because it could get ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Biden should use everything at his disposal. It could energize the base ahead of the midterms at worst. Biden can't even bring himself to vocally criticize the Republican Party by name or call out pro-gun Democrats. Democratic voters are rightfully frustrated and demoralized because it feels like their votes make no difference. When that feeling sinks in, then we're screwed and Biden is heavily contributing to that sense of helplessness.

4 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

Its not rational.  But what propaganda is rational?

The US doesn't care about dead children. Only war and military profit. Pathetic country. 

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

You can use this thinking to not try legislation because it could get ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Biden should use everything at his disposal. It could energize the base ahead of the midterms at worst. Biden can't even bring himself to vocally criticize the Republican Party by name or call out pro-gun Democrats.

The thing about the supreme court is if they make a ruling, it can become precedent, and then we might be in a worse situation.  

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

You can use this thinking to not try legislation because it could get ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Biden should use everything at his disposal. It could energize the base ahead of the midterms at worst. Biden can't even bring himself to vocally criticize the Republican Party by name or call out pro-gun Democrats.

If something is passed and signed into law by Congress, it becomes significantly more challenging to overturn through the courts. That’s government 101, Congress has more authority for lawmaking than the president. 

Im not trying to defend him, I’m laying out the context when it comes to passing laws, especially with something that is protected in the constitution 

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

The US doesn't care about dead children. Only war and military profit. Pathetic country. 

In Capitalist America, children are just collateral damage so that gun manufactures can keep making money.

• ATRL Moderator

19 now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.