• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

• khalyan

• ATRL Moderator

Do the Republicans understand how dumb they sound?  Reduce doors?  So instead of dying in a school shooting, kids can just die in a fire instead.

They just stood there and listened to shots for 40 min :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

Do the Republicans understand how dumb they sound?  Reduce doors?  So instead of dying in a school shooting, kids can just die in a fire instead.

Their base is actually EATING their statements up. Decorum is a democratic civility fetish, one repubs have abandoned since sandy hook. Democrats have to actively engage these cretins in order to crack their sphere of perception. More beto but without beto.

The thing is, I could began to accept the fact that it's about 'freedom' and liberalism, but this happening literally days after the abortion scandal just confirms the fact that America's moral code is absolutely broken and it's not about 'freedom', but about selective freedom.

It also exposes liberalist views for what they are: a hoax and a privilege that hides behind 'freedom for all and no restrictions' when it actually means 'i want freedom in this but I want more control and supression in this because according to my beliefs it is dangerous/wrong/unlawfully and it should be stopped... BUT DON'T TOUCH MY OTHER FREEDOMS, JUST THAT ONE.'

There is no other way around it. 

I'm so grateful to live in Massachusetts, which ranks last in gun violence thanks to our incredibly strict gun laws. 

At this point New England, California, and New York should consider secession. The United States is just too big geographically, and the cultural disparities too stark for us to ever reach consensus on basic things like human rights. We drive all the economic growth in this country and then have the extra burden of lugging around dead weight shithole southern states that resent us despite being our beneficiaries.

3 minutes ago, Track10 said:

I'm so grateful to live in Massachusetts, which ranks last in gun violence thanks to our incredibly strict gun laws. 

At this point New England, California, and New York should consider secession. The United States is just too big geographically, and the cultural disparities too stark for us to ever reach consensus on basic things like human rights. We drive all the economic growth in this country and then have the extra burden of lugging around dead weight shithole southern states that resent us despite being our beneficiaries.

Those Massachusetts gun laws are likely to get struck down by the Supreme Court in the next couple of months.

Secession isn’t really an option either. It would be destabilizing to global markets, and preserving capitalism is more important to the ruling class than the peons’ ability to live their lives and possess human rights.

2 hours ago, khalyan said:

Reducing doors means those with outside access. Since Columbine the recommendation is having at most two doors with outside access, the rest being one-way doors out. The two outside access doors are to be security controlled, either by electronic locks with ID readers and/or camera/buzzer system. I was shocked how easily the guy got into the school.

50 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Those Massachusetts gun laws are likely to get struck down by the Supreme Court in the next couple of months.

Secession isn’t really an option either. It would be destabilizing to global markets, and preserving capitalism is more important to the ruling class than the peons’ ability to live their lives and possess human rights.

Support for secession has been steadily growing since the botched handling of COVID. That sentiment is growing stronger with the repeal of abortion rights, gun laws, racism, homophobia/transphobia, etc. Republicans will keep bending this country until it breaks.

10 minutes ago, Track10 said:

Support for secession has been steadily growing since the botched handling of COVID. That sentiment is growing stronger with the repeal of abortion rights, gun laws, racism, homophobia/transphobia, etc. Republicans will keep bending this country until it breaks.

The people in charge will never allow it. Even if the Republicans succeed in implementing a federal ban on abortion like they’re very likely to due to the Democrats’ complete and total collapse in political viability. It’s just not happening.

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

This makes me proud to see this 

my fathers friends wife was murdered in that school & idk it just hit me last night

feeling like **** all day, my father works in the high school nxt door to the elementary school too :cries:

Edited by thinking

FTyPPzrWQAM4QFe?format=png&name=900x900

this is insane

5 minutes ago, thinking said:

my fathers friends wife was murdered in that school & idk it just hit me last night

feeling like **** all day, my father works in the high school next door to the elementary school too :cries:

Wow. So sorry for your loss.

I have nothing else to add that wouldn't sound cliched or tired other than to hold onto those who you love. :spring:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.