Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Were there missed smash collabs?

18 posts in this topic

I feel like from around 2009 to 2012 there were just so many smash collabs waiting to happen, like a Gaga Rihanna song, a Gaga Katy song, a Katy Nicki song produced by Dr. Luke when they still worked together, and basically any other dream collaborations like this. How do you feel? Do you feel like these were missed opportunities for pop smashes?

I feel like from around 2009 to 2012 there were just so many smash collabs waiting to happen, like a Gaga Rihanna song, a Gaga Katy song, a Katy Nicki song produced by Dr. Luke when they still worked together, and basically any other dream collaborations like this. How do you feel? Do you feel like these were missed opportunities for pop smashes?

Yeah.  A Gaga x Rihanna Sexxx Dreams like they were hinting at would have been everything

these kind of collabs tend to turn out a tad dissapointing mostly

I honestly wish Gaga would collab more often. Like, why collab with three rappers irrelevant in 2013 on a cringey, messy bop that is Jewels N Drugs, but not collab with your pop contemporaries or even ackowledge their existence on Twitter?

Gaga is my queen, but it's one thing I always wonder why she doesn't do. It's not selling out if it's a quality so why not try for the best. Halsey is there for you Joanne, so capitalize on the collaborative prospect and develop a new relationship with someone who sees you in such high regard :michael:

iirc there was supposed to be Cher x Gaga collab but it got scrapped? I think Gaga didn't like that song or something? omg idk I have a horrible memory but Cher x Gaga collab would be cute :gaycat4:

Had the song been a bit better, this could have been a smash. Both Nicole and Rihanna were hot on the charts at the time. 

#IslandGirls

A Good Katy and Rihanna Mid LOUD/TD era would have broke the internet/world/charts. Like :deadbanana: 

Avril and Paramore back in 2011 when both had "What The Hell" and "Airplanes" smashing :weeps: 

a last chance to have had pop punk survive this decade :'( 

27 minutes ago, carameldisco said:

iirc there was supposed to be Cher x Gaga collab but it got scrapped? I think Gaga didn't like that song or something? omg idk I have a horrible memory but Cher x Gaga collab would be cute :gaycat4:

11 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

A Good Katy and Rihanna Mid LOUD/TD era would have broke the internet/world/charts. Like :deadbanana: 

The memories...

1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

The memories...

wat is this :rip: 

Beyoncé & Alicia was about to blow up when they pulled the plug....

I want Beyoncé & Jazmine Sullivan, Beyoncé & Adele, Beyonce & John Legend (w/ Kanye Producing), Beyonce & John Mayer, and Beyoncé & Bruno Mars. 

2 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I'm such a flop fan :noparty:

Just now, PhreshDiamond said:

wat is this :rip: 

In 2011 there were all of these articles about Katy working w/ Darkchild on a Rihanna duet for Complete Confection that never panned out.

Just now, trainsskyscrapers said:

In 2011 there were all of these articles about Katy working w/ Darkchild on a Rihanna duet for Complete Confection that never panned out.

oh :noparty: 

Probably never gonna happen now, they moved into way different directions

Katy feat. Nicki would've slayed on PRISM but we got it now so whatever.

Gaga & Rihanna would've been awesome on Sex Dreams.

Bey ft Rih - Blow remix

That was heavily rumored and I feel like that was the real reason why Bey switched it out for the first single from Selftitled. It wouldnt have only smashed but killed the feud rumors.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0