Joe Biden polls WORSE than Trump

Miley Cyrus

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

OK, but that's not how government works. The President himself doesn't have the power to do this things on his own. Congress has to pass bills regarding these issues and there are two Dems who won't vote to end the filibuster. When it comes to passing actual bills, the Dems are good and can get things done IF Sinema and Manchin were tossed and replaced by two better Dems.

This isn’t the slam dunk of a rebuttal you think it is. Trump had plenty of Republicans not fall in line and he was out in the open attacking them with everything he had. That’s how he eventually bent the party to his will. Why can’t Biden at least try to do that? Why is Joe Manchin awarded with a cozy cabinet position with Biden for his wife? Biden has refused to fight for his policies by using the bully pulpit. No one criticizing Biden’s inaction is suggesting that he alone can control the Senate. That’s a childish interpretation of the original criticism. The fact is that the president has the ability to exert a great deal of public pressure and to focus the base. Biden has refused to do so and that is on him. People struggling to pay rent because they’re working a minimum wage job aren’t going to be satisfied with blaming things on Manchin when 8 Democrats voted against raising the minimum wage and Biden did nothing to condemn them. 

When it comes to Trump giving his base what they wanted, his base just wanted him to attack people they didn't like and "trigger the libs". They didn't care about policy, so in that regard it was easy to follow through. He also had issues getting actual bills passed because Congress, as always, never does its job. Biden's base wants actual bills passed, but that's not on Biden.

Not entirely true. Trump accomplished more via executive action (another arrow in Biden’s quiver that isn’t being used). Further, the fact Trump went after party members that didn’t fall in line is partly why Trump’s hold on the base was so strong and why Trump almost won re-election despite being a complete failure. Biden is underwater now because Democratic voters are apathetic and that is partly because Biden is asleep at the wheel and isn’t engaging with the base. 

In your own post, you correctly blamed the Democrats as a whole for the latest failures. The issue is that Biden is the face of the party since he’s the highest ranking Democrat. So he is part of the problem. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloo

• ClashAndBurn

• Miss Show Business

• Communion

22 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

We had two back-to-back exciting presidents with Trump and Obama. Obama was "cool" and Trump gave us PERSONA. His old tweets still go viral on Twitter today. Biden is both incompetent, and boring. 

GWB and Clinton were exciting too, wouldn't you say?

Good. Time for America to wake up :clap3:

34 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Americans know what's up. Trump was one of the best Presidents ever and Biden is the worst. Biden is actually much lower in approval when you consider the pollsters leftist bias. 

Spill the tea :clap3:

I swear if demarcates don't step their game up and invalidate Turd before 2024... like he literally incited civil war a couple days ago and that is punishable by law :dies: how are they not doing something 

If I were to guess even centrists are tired of the identity politics. 

Crime is also an issue and the dem party is a loser on both. Dem cities have the highest crime rates and people are tired of it. 

45 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Trump was one of the best Presidents ever

:bibliahh:

38 minutes ago, Nano said:

Not surprising to me. I genuinely believe wokeism is pushing centrist Americans to vote Republican.

This is very true. The left has become too extreme and there's a pushback from the middle. 

Poor Biden though. Inflation in not his fault. 

I mean. It’s deserved. Biden is probably the worst president we’ve ever had. I didn’t think we could sink lower than Trump, but literally letting American babies starve and doing nothing about it for three months while shipping off $40billion in military industrial complex subsidies to Ukraine in what could justifiably be described as an “America Last” platform  speaks for itself.

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

This isn’t the slam dunk of a rebuttal you think it is. Trump had plenty of Republicans not fall in line and he was out in the open attacking them with everything he had. That’s how he eventually bent the party to his will. Why can’t Biden at least try to do that? Why is Joe Manchin awarded with a cozy cabinet position with Biden for his wife? Biden has refused to fight for his policies by using the bully pulpit. No one criticizing Biden’s inaction is suggesting that he alone can control the Senate. That’s a childish interpretation of the original criticism. The fact is that the president has the ability to exert a great deal of public pressure and to focus the base. Biden has refused to do so and that is on him. People struggling to pay rent because they’re working a minimum wage job aren’t going to be satisfied with blaming things on Manchin when 8 Democrats voted against raising the minimum wage and Biden did nothing to condemn them. 

Not entirely true. Trump accomplished more via executive action (another arrow in Biden’s quiver that isn’t being used). Further, the fact Trump went after party members that didn’t fall in line is partly why Trump’s hold on the base was so strong and why Trump almost won re-election despite being a complete failure. Biden is underwater now because Democratic voters are apathetic and that is partly because Biden is asleep at the wheel and isn’t engaging with the base. 

In your own post, you correctly blamed the Democrats as a whole for the latest failures. The issue is that Biden is the face of the party since he’s the highest ranking Democrat. So he is part of the problem. 

Fair enough. I fully agree with virtually everything you said. The only thing I don't think will work is Biden using the bully pulpit because I don't think Democrat voters react to that. And I can't explain why. I would LOVE nothing more than for Biden and all the other Dems to be hammering Sinema and Manchin. I have long wondered why they're playing ads going against them day in and day out (they should be doing the same with the GOP). The messaging is feckless and ineffective and downright pathetic.

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Brando said:

This is very true. The left has become too extreme and there's a pushback from the middle. 

Poor Biden though. Inflation in not his fault. 

Not really. Failure to do anything to help the American people and the Republicans false propaganda about the left that Democrats refuse to challenge has pushed people to the right. 

The left wants to raise the minimum wage (popular), give people healthcare (popular), stop climate change (popular), address political corruption (popular), and guarantee civil rights for Americans (popular). 

Also, y’all really need to stop calling everything “woke”. It’s literally a word the Black community invented to recognize that issues are complex and that a person is aware of economic issues and how they affect the Black community. :rip: 

This is exactly an example of how the disinformation propaganda of the right wing is so successful. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Fair enough. I fully agree with virtually everything you said. The only thing I don't think will work is Biden using the bully pulpit because I don't think Democrat voters react to that. And I can't explain why. I would LOVE nothing more than for Biden and all the other Dems to be hammering Sinema and Manchin. I have long wondered why they're playing ads going against them day in and day out (they should be doing the same with the GOP). The messaging is feckless and ineffective and downright pathetic.

The Democrats don’t want to do that because they are more in line with Manchin and Sinema than they want you to believe. We’ve seen Democrats be vicious when they line up to smear members of The Squad, Bernie, and other more left members of the party. They have no issue organizing attack ads against them and we’ve seen the success of those organized smear campaigns among Democratic voters. Democratic politicians just refuse to do that against Manchin and Sinema because most of the party takes corporate money from the same people Manchin and Sinema openly work at the behest of. 

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The Democrats don’t want to do that because they are more in line with Manchin and Sinema than they want you to believe. We’ve seen Democrats be vicious when they line up to smear members of The Squad, Bernie, and other more left members of the party. They have no issue organizing attack ads against them and we’ve seen the success of those organized smear campaigns among Democratic voters. Democratic politicians just refuse to do that against Manchin and Sinema because most of the party takes corporate money from the same people Manchin and Sinema openly work at the behest of. 

Then I suppose our only answer is to find our own Trump; someone who isn't afraid to call Dems out and demand that get in line. Until then, we're screwed.

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I mean. It’s deserved. Biden is probably the worst president we’ve ever had. I didn’t think we could sink lower than Trump, but literally letting American babies starve and doing nothing about it for three months while shipping off $40billion in military industrial complex subsidies to Ukraine in what could justifiably be described as an “America Last” platform  speaks for itself.

Please explain what Biden and co. could've done to prevent Abbott from recalling or Trump from banning Canadian imports of formula years ago? The baby formula situation wasn't something they could've been proactive on, only reactive. If you think Biden not being able to control a private company is worse than Trump letting thousands die from COVID, undermining our voting infrastructure, and encouraging white supremacists across the country, then you simply don't live in the real world. You must live a pretty privileged life if you think this way, which, hey, good for you. 

• ATRL Moderator

This is just a shining example of the difference between the voter base between the two parties. Republican supporters don’t care if their president ran down 100 people in a street. They’d still show support in the polls and voting booth. Democratic supporters actually respond to their party leaders’ negative aspects/actions by saying they don’t approve. THAT’S HOW POLITICS SHOULD BE. Critical thinking and nuance. Not the cult of personality and stupidity that the right has built up for 30 years.

Right wing has become a free-for-all. Center and left are holding their people accountable and then being made fun of by the right wing under the manufactured drama of “cancel culture”. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Then I suppose our only answer is to find our own Trump; someone who isn't afraid to call Dems out and demand that get in line. Until then, we're screwed.

This is my general feeling, so I agree. Someone who isn’t afraid to be an a**hole to fight for the right thing. Democrats are a bit too obsessed with decorum and civility among the party elite and it’s exhausting. Hearing Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden refer to Mitch f**king McConnell as a “dear friend”

is nauseating and practically no one enjoys it. 

Biden is useless and the worst President we have elected. The only thing he is good at is sending billions to Ukraine :clown:

18 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Not really. Failure to do anything to help the American people and the Republicans false propaganda about the left that Democrats refuse to challenge has pushed people to the right. 

The left wants to raise the minimum wage (popular), give people healthcare (popular), stop climate change (popular), address political corruption (popular), and guarantee civil rights for Americans (popular). 

Also, y’all really need to stop calling everything “woke”. It’s literally a word the Black community invented to recognize that issues are complex and that a person is aware of economic issues and how they affect the Black community. :rip: 

This is exactly an example of how the disinformation propaganda of the right wing is so successful. 

All these things are fine, but the left gets dragged into culture wars over issues that are unnecessary or so minor that they don't deserve fighting about. Then media outlets, business companies and platforms like ours get in line with those extreme left ideas and regular people get irritated with it

20 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Please explain what Biden and co. could've done to prevent Abbott from recalling or Trump from banning Canadian imports of formula years ago? The baby formula situation wasn't something they could've been proactive on, only reactive. If you think Biden not being able to control a private company is worse than Trump letting thousands die from COVID, undermining our voting infrastructure, and encouraging white supremacists across the country, then you simply don't live in the real world. You must live a pretty privileged life if you think this way, which, hey, good for you. 

THREE months to react to a disaster that everybody knew was going to happen when Abbott did their recall? Seriously? Biden's sitting on his hands for a quarter of a year while an easy-to-forecast famine ravaged the country is unacceptable and Biden is absolutely to blame for it, no matter how many excuses you or other deluded neoliberals rush to give him.

Voters are already forgiving Trump for letting thousands die from COVID (because under that logic, Biden has nearly doubled Trump's COVID fatalities), undermining our voting infrastructure (our Democracy was already regarded as a joke since Bush v. Gore anyway), and inciting white supremacists (Buffalo shooting barely registered as a news cycle and nobody cared). In fact, he will likely be elected president again in 2024 due to how HORRIBLY Biden has failed in every possible measure.

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Brando said:

All these things are fine, but the left gets dragged into culture wars over issues that are unnecessary or so minor that they don't deserve fighting about. Then media outlets, business companies and platforms like ours get in line with those extreme left ideas and regular people get irritated with it

What extreme left ideas? Please expand on this. I hope you cite real phenomena and not manufactured ones that aren’t real like CRT in schools.

Right now, Republicans are literally waging a culture war to make acknowledging the existence of gay people in schools in any capacity illegal. That’s an extreme position from the right that is taking center stage right now. The “left” saying that’s bad is not extreme. The “left” saying women should have bodily autonomy is not extreme. 

If you’re referring to Tumblr-era “SJW” memes about air conditioning being racist, then that’s not something that has any relevance in the political zeitgeist. Right now, the culture war is being waged by the right. 

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

What extreme left ideas? Please expand on this. I hope you cite real phenomena and not manufactured ones that aren’t real like CRT in schools.

Not to put words in his mouth, but when people talk about "extreme left ideas" they are talking about critical race theory, cancel culture, and trans-acceptance. The idea that trans people should even be allowed to use anything other than a unisex bathroom in public (which many places don't even have) is considered radical.

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Right now, Republicans are literally waging a culture war to make acknowledging the existence of gay people in schools in any capacity illegal. That’s an extreme position from the right that is taking center stage right now. The “left” saying that’s bad is not extreme. The “left” saying women should have bodily autonomy is not extreme. 

If you’re referring to Tumblr-era “SJW” memes about air conditioning being racist, then that’s not something that has any relevance in the political zeitgeist. Right now, the culture war is being waged by the right. 

No I'm referring to pushing gender issues really hard. 99.99% of people identify by gender given to them at birth. There's no need for places that aren't heavily LGBT+ to add their "preferred" pronouns on their emails / cards etc. 

That gender debate has consequences for issues related to women, because suddenly saying "women" is not inclusive enough. 

And while I don't agree with the right's push for "don't say gay" stuff, I've also seen some of those school books for maths and other disciplines pushing irrelevant ideas on kids. There's really no need for that stuff at that age, especially in non-arts books. 

There are many issues like that that are overblown by the left and it's off-putting

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

OK, but that's not how government works. The President himself doesn't have the power to do this things on his own.

Biden could forgive all federally held student debt and decriminalize weed nationally right now through executive action. 

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Brando said:

No I'm referring to pushing gender issues really hard. 99.99% of people identify by gender given to them at birth. There's no need for places that aren't heavily LGBT+ to add their "preferred" pronouns on their emails / cards etc. 

That gender debate has consequences for issues related to women, because suddenly saying "women" is not inclusive enough. 

And while I don't agree with the right's push for "don't say gay" stuff, I've also seen some of those school books for maths and other disciplines pushing irrelevant ideas on kids. There's really no need for that stuff at that age, especially in non-arts books. 

There are many issues like that that are overblown by the left and it's off-putting

Not a single Democrat is pushing people to include gender pronouns in emails. There is no policy being proposed mentioning pronouns. Nothing. This is a manufactured issue. People listing their pronouns is a selective action where individuals are decided to stand in solidarity with trans people. This has nothing to do with policies. This is not orchestrated by the Democratic Party or any political party for that matter. This is individual people doing something to support a marginalized group. I include pronouns in my email so it’s easier for trans and non-binary people I work with to put their pronouns in. I actually had a student working under me who was intersex and those pronouns were an easy way for me to realize their gender pronouns without them feeling uncomfortable prompting that conversation with me for mistakenly using the wrong pronouns. They thanked me for adjusting my language and we had a productive and healthy working relationship moving forward.

So, this isn’t a real political issue. This is just an example of transphobia in the larger society being upset at people standing in solidarity for trans people. If people are going to cry over pronouns in an email signature then this country deserves to fall apart frankly if we’re that damn sensitive. 

Your reference to the math textbooks being banned is also a weird example. The government of Florida has not publicly provided a list of books that were banned for (baseless) allegations of math textbooks including CRT and pushing social ideology. So I’m not sure how you’re trying to refer to textbooks you’ve seen that were banned for this reason when this list isn’t even made public. 

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Far-fight Christian Republicans are not "the middle" when they say they want trans kids dead. 

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

Far-fight Christian Republicans are not "the middle" when they say they want trans kids dead. 

You're really showing how out of touch leftists are with this post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.