Joe Biden polls WORSE than Trump

Miley Cyrus

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Obviously this is because of gas prices and inflation. Otherwise his ratings would be at least 48-50+. Low ratings for Biden does not mean people want Trump instead.

According to the RCP average of recent Biden vs. Trump polls, Trump is up by 1 point on average.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloo

• ClashAndBurn

• Miss Show Business

• Communion

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

That means nothing. 

Polling tends to have a pro-Democrat bias, so you can add 6 points to the Republicans to get closer to actual results. Tbh, in an anti-Democrat time like this (thanks to Joe Biden’s presidency being an unmitigated failure), you could even potentially double that.

I mean it was obvious that he was a shitty choice for President from the jump, the only reason me & a lot of other people were ecstatic he won is because anything was better than Trump & Trump was finally kicked out of office.  But at the end of the day the 2020 election was a lesser of two shitty old white men candidates situation, sadly.

We need someone younger for President. These old leaders at the highest parts of our government are out of touch and we will not make progress under their outdated mindsets. Idk if we’re just being polite or what but we need to have age limits in govt and tell these people when enough is enough, it’s time to go and let younger promising candidates take the helm. I’m 26 going on 27 and I don’t feel like my generation has much of an influential voice in politics at all rn. Sure, on social media. Irl? Nope.

I have a feel king Biden is going to bomb hard next week election

The smartest thing Biden could do is wait until like Sept/Oct and start passing a bunch of popular policies like canceling student loan debt and gun control to try and sway the public to vote for Dems in the midterms. Then bow out of the 2024 election to allow a more liked Dem a chance of winning, because he's going to lose against whomever he goes against.

7 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

I mean it was obvious that he was a shitty choice for President from the jump, the only reason me & a lot of other people were ecstatic he won is because anything was better than Trump & Trump was finally kicked out of office.  But at the end of the day the 2020 election was a lesser of two shitty old white men candidates situation, sadly.

We need someone younger for President. These old leaders at the highest parts of our government are out of touch and we will not make progress under their outdated mindsets. Idk if we’re just being polite or what but we need to have age limits in govt and tell these people when enough is enough, it’s time to go and let younger promising candidates take the helm. I’m 26 going on 27 and I don’t feel like my generation has much of an influential voice in politics at all rn. Sure, on social media. Irl? Nope.

The reason they don’t have a voice is cause young people are the group with the lowest turnout. They are too naive to appreciate the power that they ACTUALLY have and are too busy trying to get likes on Social Media. Literally a nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, Witch Privilege said:

The smartest thing Biden could do is wait until like Sept/Oct and start passing a bunch of popular policies like canceling student loan debt and gun control to try and sway the public to vote for Dems in the midterms. Then bow out of the 2024 election to allow a more liked Dem a chance of winning, because he's going to lose against whomever he goes against.

Every other Dem in the country that they could possibly run is even more hated than he is. Kamala? Pete? :ahh: 

Joe Biden and the majority of Democrats keep pandering that’s why. At least with Republicans you know what to expect because they flat out tell you how they feel and think.:celestial5:

On 5/23/2022 at 3:18 PM, Bloo said:

This isn’t the slam dunk of a rebuttal you think it is. Trump had plenty of Republicans not fall in line and he was out in the open attacking them with everything he had. That’s how he eventually bent the party to his will. Why can’t Biden at least try to do that? Why is Joe Manchin awarded with a cozy cabinet position with Biden for his wife? Biden has refused to fight for his policies by using the bully pulpit. No one criticizing Biden’s inaction is suggesting that he alone can control the Senate. That’s a childish interpretation of the original criticism. The fact is that the president has the ability to exert a great deal of public pressure and to focus the base. Biden has refused to do so and that is on him. People struggling to pay rent because they’re working a minimum wage job aren’t going to be satisfied with blaming things on Manchin when 8 Democrats voted against raising the minimum wage and Biden did nothing to condemn them. 

Not entirely true. Trump accomplished more via executive action (another arrow in Biden’s quiver that isn’t being used). Further, the fact Trump went after party members that didn’t fall in line is partly why Trump’s hold on the base was so strong and why Trump almost won re-election despite being a complete failure. Biden is underwater now because Democratic voters are apathetic and that is partly because Biden is asleep at the wheel and isn’t engaging with the base. 

In your own post, you correctly blamed the Democrats as a whole for the latest failures. The issue is that Biden is the face of the party since he’s the highest ranking Democrat. So he is part of the problem. 

All of this. :cm:

Biden was a terrible choice from the beginning. The fact that he didn't come close to winning a single democratic primary in 2020 until establishment dems literally pulled out all the stops to prevent Bernie from winning. The writing was on the wall from the beginning. 

Like others have stated, Dems do need a Trump-like no BS candidate that's not afraid to trash (and I mean really TRASH) the establishment/centrist dems. Bernie could have been that person, but sadly he was too soft. Right now, there is no one on the radar on the dem side that could fill this role I fear and 2024 is going to be a shitshow. :emofish:

11 hours ago, americanlife said:

Obviously this is because of gas prices and inflation. Otherwise his ratings would be at least 48-50+. Low ratings for Biden does not mean people want Trump instead.

Because people are that stupid sadly :skull: Obv Biden might be able to do something, but there's very little he can do. 

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Every other Dem in the country that they could possibly run is even more hated than he is. Kamala? Pete? :ahh: 

True. The most well liked candidates are too young (AOC) or too old (Bernie).

4 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

Biden was a terrible choice from the beginning. The fact that he didn't come close to winning a single democratic primary in 2020 until establishment dems literally pulled out all the stops to prevent Bernie from winning. The writing was on the wall from the beginning. 

Like others have stated, Dems do need a Trump-like no BS candidate that's not afraid to trash (and I mean really TRASH) the establishment/centrist dems. Bernie could have been that person, but sadly he was too soft. Right now, there is no one on the radar on the dem side that could fill this role I fear and 2024 is going to be a shitshow. :emofish:

Tea! :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Witch Privilege said:

I'm thinking he'll pass student loan relief right before midterms, and pass marijuana legalization right before 2024.  

There really isn't another candidate that would be good to take over for Biden though, all the charismatic candidates are too progressive for Biden to want to hand the presidency over to.  Eric Adams, Pete, Kamala, Rahm, would all massively flop even worse than Biden would I think.  

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, Witch Privilege said:

True. The most well liked candidates are too young (AOC) or too old (Bernie).

Pedantic question, but regarding AOC do you mean she's too young in terms of experience? Because she will be old enough to run for president in 2024. Not that she will, but just a minor clarification.

I don't trust Dems to fix things but can they at least fix their messaging? It's been painful to watch them go "This isn't happening, it's fake news - It's a good thing that this is happening - We should be grateful that Biden 'fixed' this completely unexpected and unavoidable thing happening" every ******* time :deadbanana2:

13 hours ago, Bloo said:

Pedantic question, but regarding AOC do you mean she's too young in terms of experience? Because she will be old enough to run for president in 2024. Not that she will, but just a minor clarification.

Oh ****. She will be old enough. For some reason I had it in my head that she wouldn't be able to run until 2028. Maybe that's just because I knew she wouldn't run in 2024.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:15 AM, JanStan said:

The reason they don’t have a voice is cause young people are the group with the lowest turnout. They are too naive to appreciate the power that they ACTUALLY have and are too busy trying to get likes on Social Media. Literally a nightmare. 

I don't know. Though I intensely disliked Biden, I was still all "you have to vote no matter what to make it slightly less bad!!" and "we could've saved RBG's seat if Hilary had won!!" but... I'm starting to see why so many young people are completely disillusioned with voting at all. It's not so simple to just chalk it up to "social media obsessed idiots!"

Today's 18-year-olds have grown up with school shooting drills being the norm. Columbine happened before they were even born. They've been through two Republican and now two Democratic administrations and seen both parties have control of Congress at different times. They're still at risk of being shot in their classrooms. It's easy to see why no one is motivated to vote for Dems when they've done very little except pass milquetoast bills that they know the GOP can block and then go "it's not our fault, it's the GOP!!" [or Manchin] 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:49 PM, Pop said:

America is so embarrassing. The fact that the unhinged man-swine polled higher is quite telling of the low intelligence American voters have.  

leftists showing how they only like democracy when it suits their beliefs :coffee2:

9 hours ago, Queen of Wembley said:

leftists showing how they only like democracy when it suits their beliefs :coffee2:

The nerve. Ya'll literally stormed the Capitol and tried an ARMED INSURRECTION when Ya'll lost. :rip: 

Biden did worst for the left than Trump did for the right it's a fact so i'm hardly surprised 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, Vespertine said:

I don't know. Though I intensely disliked Biden, I was still all "you have to vote no matter what to make it slightly less bad!!" and "we could've saved RBG's seat if Hilary had won!!" but... I'm starting to see why so many young people are completely disillusioned with voting at all. It's not so simple to just chalk it up to "social media obsessed idiots!"

Today's 18-year-olds have grown up with school shooting drills being the norm. Columbine happened before they were even born. They've been through two Republican and now two Democratic administrations and seen both parties have control of Congress at different times. They're still at risk of being shot in their classrooms. It's easy to see why no one is motivated to vote for Dems when they've done very little except pass milquetoast bills that they know the GOP can block and then go "it's not our fault, it's the GOP!!" [or Manchin] 

To be fair i think it’s pretty much always been the case that young people are the most underrepresented age group. So it’s a generational thing and tells me that it’s not so much the issues, it’s just a lack of understanding about the importance of voting. With that said too many people in every age group don’t vote so why would the young be any different? It’s sad.

I mean as he should, he’s done close to nothing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.