Joe Biden polls WORSE than Trump

Miley Cyrus

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Nano said:

You're really showing how out of touch leftists are with this post.

Maybe. At one point opposing slavery was “out of touch” as well as it was the majority opinion. That being said, standing up for basic human rights where people have freedom to live their lives as they choose is not radical. Hating trans people, however, is and it should be challenged. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloo

• ClashAndBurn

• Miss Show Business

• Communion

11 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Not a single Democrat is pushing people to include gender pronouns in emails. There is no policy being proposed mentioning pronouns. Nothing. This is a manufactured issue. People listing their pronouns is a selective action where individuals are decided to stand in solidarity with trans people. This has nothing to do with policies. This is not orchestrated by the Democratic Party or any political party for that matter. This is individual people doing something to support a marginalized group. I include pronouns in my email so it’s easier for trans and non-binary people I work with to put their pronouns in. I actually had a student working under me who was intersex and those pronouns were an easy way for me to realize their gender pronouns without them feeling uncomfortable prompting that conversation with me for mistakenly using the wrong pronouns. They thanked me for adjusting my language and we had a productive and healthy working relationship moving forward.

So, this isn’t a real political issue. This is just an example of transphobia in the larger society being upset at people standing in solidarity for trans people. If people are going to cry over pronouns in an email signature then this country deserves to fall apart frankly if we’re that damn sensitive. 

Your reference to the math textbooks being banned is also a weird example. The government of Florida has not publicly provided a list of books that were banned for (baseless) allegations of math textbooks including CRT and pushing social ideology. So I’m not sure how you’re trying to refer to textbooks you’ve seen that were banned for this reason when this list isn’t even made public. 

I hope you checked the article I linked in my post. 

The books I saw were not banned books, but just examples of books used to teach different hard sciences. 

And even if those issues aren't official party policies, they are leftist ideas and they are very dominant in day to day. 

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I mean. It’s deserved. Biden is probably the worst president we’ve ever had. I didn’t think we could sink lower than Trump, but literally letting American babies starve and doing nothing about it for three months while shipping off $40billion in military industrial complex subsidies to Ukraine in what could justifiably be described as an “America Last” platform  speaks for itself.

Yea he’s had terrible optics his entire presidency so far

its even worst that he looks just as bad to liberals when it comes to student loans :rip: 

16 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Maybe. At one point opposing slavery was “out of touch” as well as it was the majority opinion. That being said, standing up for basic human rights where people have freedom to live their lives as they choose is not radical. Hating trans people, however, is and it should be challenged. 

I agree with all of this, but then we take stuff like this a little too far. Like for example Demi Lovato randomly decides to be non-binary, so everyone must fall in line and address her as they/them. Then a few months later she decides she's she/them and we all have to fall in line again. Then no wonder the right (and moderates) decide they don't their kids to see/hear stuff like that to corrupt their minds into that kind of thinking. 

2 minutes ago, Nano said:

You're really showing how out of touch leftists are with this post.

Those who support or dont feel either way about trans youth in transitioning socially and medically outnumber those who are against trans people. And even then, poll after poll shows that most of those who say they are opposed admit to not knowing well or at all what either term means or what the treatment entails. 

So yes, when it is only a loud minority who can even explain their bigotry and double down on it, these people do NOT represent most Americans, especially not when then these people's extreme views are used by conservatives to pass laws that would force trans ADULTS to medically detransition. Maybe you don't realize you're carrying water for people who hate trans people, but if you're gonna make accusations I suggest you get a ******* clue and some common sense. 

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

I agree with all of this, but then we take stuff like this a little too far. Like for example Demi Lovato randomly decides to be non-binary, so everyone must fall in life and address her as they/them. Then a few months later she decides she's she/them and we all have to fall in line again. Then no wonder the right (and moderates) decide they don't their kids to see/hear stuff like that to corrupt their minds into that kind of thinking. 

I beg you to go outside if you think Demi Lovato is why people with already religiously fundamentalist beliefs hate trans people. 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Brando said:

I hope you checked the article I linked in my post. 

The books I saw were not banned books, but just examples of books used to teach different hard sciences. 

And even if those issues aren't official party policies, they are leftist ideas and they are very dominant in day to day. 

I think the article you mentioned is a pedantic complaint. We all know abortion explicitly affects women. But it’s worth noting other communities that could be affected by overturning Roe v. Wade many wouldn’t think about isn’t that big of a deal. No one is thinking Roe v. Wade isn’t a women’s issue. That complaint is a pedantic one especially given how few people obsess over jargon the ACLU pumps out. 

Can you elaborate? Using word problems for stats that include data about boys and girls isn’t social indoctrination.

This is patently false. Here is a recent Pew poll on the issues voters care about (note it’s before the Roe v. Wade article so the opinions around abortion have likely been amplified in terms of priority). Notice how none of these are explicitly about gender or sexuality.

PP_2022.02.16_priorities_0-01.png?w=640

As you mentioned, trans people are a very small minority. The amount of attention REPUBLICANS are spending making them the focus of everything is their culture war to demonize them. The left calling that out is not them being radical. It’s them being decent people. 

Do you all not see the gas prices and inflation on everything? i- 

:bibliahh:

but TRuMP HIs MEaN TwEEts! 
The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Brando said:

I agree with all of this, but then we take stuff like this a little too far. Like for example Demi Lovato randomly decides to be non-binary, so everyone must fall in life and address her as they/them. Then a few months later she decides she's she/them and we all have to fall in line again. Then no wonder the right (and moderates) decide they don't their kids to see/hear stuff like that to corrupt their minds into that kind of thinking. 

I guarantee you no one that isn’t on ATRL paid attention to Demi Lovato’s gender. This is how you know it’s not a real issue affecting the country. :rip: 

The culture war rhetoric in here is not the tea.

Anyway, this is super not surprising and I think he’s been polling worse than Trump for a couple months now.

The way that Liberals can’t just scream and call people racists for supporting Trump anymore because everything is just so ****** up right now and so much deeper than that and so they have nothing to say :deadbanana2: 

Republicans said repeatedly this man was going to mess everything up and ppl STILL voted for Biden. Come on midterms!!

Because republicans are a brain dead cult and liberals actually criticize “their own.” Common sense. 

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

Those who support or dont feel either way about trans youth in transitioning socially and medically outnumber those who are against trans people. And even then, poll after poll shows that most of those who say they are opposed admit to not knowing well or at all what either term means or what the treatment entails. 

Only polls I'm aware of are the ones showing the majority of Americans think trans people are not the gender they identify as.

CdPGKsK.png

He could've cancelled the student debt and that would be a huge win all around. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Great808 said:

The way that Liberals can’t just scream and call people racists for supporting Trump anymore because everything is just so ****** up right now and so much deeper than that and so they have nothing to say :deadbanana2: 

Republicans said repeatedly this man was going to mess everything up and ppl STILL voted for Biden. Come on midterms!!

Nice to see.. erm, fresh opinions, free speech and whatnot.

dumpster-race.gif

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

He could've cancelled the student debt and that would be a huge win all around. Oh well.

Nice to see.. erm, fresh opinions, free speech and whatnot.

dumpster-race.gif

:toofunny2:

I honestly don't get it lol, Biden has been extremely ineffectual and has done very little, but he hasn't done anything actively destructive to Democracy. But I guess there are two factors at play:

1. Democrats actually dissaprove of Democrat politicians if they feel they aren't doing a good job, whereas Trump continuously had perfect approval ratings among Republican voters
  2. People are feeling the inflation. It's the economy, stupid

I knew this would be a safe-place for MAGA weirdos and I was not disappointed :eatpopcorn:

17 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I think the article you mentioned is a pedantic complaint. We all know abortion explicitly affects women. But it’s worth noting other communities that could be affected by overturning Roe v. Wade many wouldn’t think about isn’t that big of a deal. No one is thinking Roe v. Wade isn’t a women’s issue. That complaint is a pedantic one especially given how few people obsess over jargon the ACLU pumps out. 

Can you elaborate? Using word problems for stats that include data about boys and girls isn’t social indoctrination.

This is patently false. Here is a recent Pew poll on the issues voters care about (note it’s before the Roe v. Wade article so the opinions around abortion have likely been amplified in terms of priority). Notice how none of these are explicitly about gender or sexuality.

PP_2022.02.16_priorities_0-01.png?w=640

As you mentioned, trans people are a very small minority. The amount of attention REPUBLICANS are spending making them the focus of everything is their culture war to demonize them. The left calling that out is not them being radical. It’s them being decent people. 

Well then republicans (and conservatives in the UK) are doing a really good at pushing that narrative. Maybe the left needs to take a stance and draw the line somewhere. Also, I don't think the article is pedantic if most abortion right groups are replacing the word woman with the word people. You can still be inclusive by using the word woman and maybe occasionally mentioning other people who might need it

An example of a speech that focuses on women, but occasionally dropping other inclusive terms and mentioning other groups of people. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Brando said:

Well then republicans (and conservatives in the UK) are doing a really good at pushing that narrative. Maybe the left needs to take a stance and draw the line somewhere. Also, I don't think the article is pedantic if most abortion right groups are replacing the word woman with the word people. You can still be inclusive by using the word woman and maybe occasionally mentioning other people who might need it

An example of a speech that focuses on women, but occasionally dropping other inclusive terms and mentioning other groups of people. 

My argument is that it’s pedantic because it’s one example. The vast majority of the discussion has been about women. So picking one example and using it to characterize the entire pro-abortion side is pedantic and disingenuous. It’s fair to criticize the ACLU for possibly downplaying how it’s a women’s rights issue. But using that one piece to say it’s how “most abortion rights” groups are talking is a reach. 

The biggest moron as a president (Trump) followed up by quite literally the most ineffective one we’ve ever had. Wow, our country is ****** 

2 hours ago, Bang Up said:

OK, but that's not how government works. The President himself doesn't have the power to do this things on his own. Congress has to pass bills regarding these issues and there are two Dems who won't vote to end the filibuster. When it comes to passing actual bills, the Dems are good and can get things done IF Sinema and Manchin were tossed and replaced by two better Dems.

When it comes to Trump giving his base what they wanted, his base just wanted him to attack people they didn't like and "trigger the libs". They didn't care about policy, so in that regard it was easy to follow through. He also had issues getting actual bills passed because Congress, as always, never does its job. Biden's base wants actual bills passed, but that's not on Biden.

Biden should have talked to Manchin, Sinema, or even Republicans before talking a big game about bills he will supposedly pass. That was his whole thing - reaching across the aisle and making compromises about issues that Republican senators agree with. He has been shockingly bad at playing the politics game given that he's been in politics for like a century. Democrats weren't even supposed to have a 50-50 majority in the senate - that was a shock when the election results came in. It was handed to him on a silver ******* platter when all Republicans could talk about was election fraud. And he has made absolutely nothing out of that.  

Another day, another thread full of embarassing talking points from the left.

Apparently, this is "accomplishing nothing"

Spoiler

• 1.9T American Rescue Plan
• $1400 stimulus checks for adults, children, and adult dependents
• 1 year child tax credit expansion – $3600 0-5, $3000 6-17, removed income reqs and made fully refundable
• One year EITC expansion
• $350 billion state and local aid
• $130 billion for schools for safe reopening
• $40 billion for higher ed, half of which must go to student aid
• Extended $300 supplemental UI through September 2021
• Expanded eligibility for extended UI to cover new categories
• Made $10,200 in UI from 2020 tax free
• $1B for Head Start
• $24B Childcare stabilization fund
• $15B in low-income childcare grants
• One Year Child and Dependent Care credit expansion
• $46.5B in housing assistance, inc:
- $21.5B rental assistance
- $10B homeowner relief
- $5B for Sec 8 vouchers
- $5B to fight homelessness
- $5B for utilities assistance
- Extended Eviction moratorium through Aug 2021 (SC struck down)
• 2 year ACA tax credit expansion and ending of subsidy cliff – expanded coverage to millions and cut costs for millions more
• 100% COBRA subsidy through Sept 30th, 2021
• 6 month special enrollment period from Feb-Aug 2021
• Required insurers to cover PrEP, an HIV prevention drug, including all clinical visits relating to it
• Extended open enrollment from 45 to 76 days
• New year round special enrollment period for low income enrollees
• Restored Navigator program to assist with ACA sign up
• Removed separate billing requirement for ACA abortion coverage
• Eliminated regulation that allows states to privatize their exchanges
• Eliminated all Medicaid work requirements
Permanently removed restriction on access to abortion pills by mail
• Signed the Accelerating Access to Critical Therapies for ALS Act to fund increased ALS research and expedite access to experimental treatments
• Rescinded Mexico City Policy (global gag rule) which barred international non-profits from receiving US funding if they provided abortion counseling or referrals
• Allowed states to extend coverage through Medicaid and CHIP to post-partum women for 1 year (up from 60 days)
• 42 Lifetime Federal judges confirmed – most in 40 years
• 13 Circuit Court judges
• 29 District Court judges
• Named first openly LBGTQ woman to sit on an appeals court, first Muslim American federal judge, and record number of black women and public defenders
• $1.2T infrastructure law, including $550B in new funding $
• $110B for roads and bridges
• $66B for passenger and freight rail
• $39B for public transit, plus $30.5B in public transit funds from ARP
• $65B for grid expansion to build out grid for clean energy transmission
• $50B for climate resiliency
• $21 for environmental remediation, incl. superfund cleanup and capping orphan wells
• $7.5B for electric buses
• $7.5B for electric charging stations
• $55B for water and wastewater, including lead pipe removal
• $65B for Affordable Broadband
• $25B for airports, plus $8B from ARP
• $17B for ports and waterways
• $1B in reconnecting communities
• Rejoined the Paris Climate Accords 50% emission reduction goal (2005 levels) by 2030
• EO instructing all federal agencies to implement climate change prevention measures
• Ordered 100% carbon free electricity federal procurement by 2030
100% zero emission light vehicle procurement by 2027, all vehicles by 2035
Net Zero federal building portfolio by 2045, 50% reduction by 2032
• Net Zero federal procurement no later than 2050
• Net zero emissions from federal operations by 2050, 65% reduction by 2030
• Finalized rule slashing the use of hydrofluorocarbons by 85% by 2036 – will slow temp rise by 0.5°C on it’s own.
• Set new fuel efficiency standards for cars and light trucks, raising the requirement for 2026 from 43mpg to 55mpg.
• Protected Tongass National Forest, one of the world’s largest carbon sinks, from development, mining, and logging
• Revoked Keystone XL permit
• Used the CRA to reverse the Trump administration Methane rule, restoring stronger Obama era standards.
• EPA proposed new methane rule stricter than Obama rule, would reduce 41 million tons of methane emissions by 2035
• Partnered with the EU to create the Global Methane Pledge, which over 100 countries have signed, to reduce methane emissions by 30% by 2030 from 2020 levels
• US-EU trade deal to reward clean steel and aluminum and penalize dirty production
• Ended US funding for new coal and fossil fuel projects overseas, and prioritized funding towards clean energy projects
• G7 partnership for “Build Back Better World” – to fund $100s of billions in climate friendly infrastructure in developing countries
• Restoring California’s ability to set stricter climate requirements
• Signed EO on Climate Related Financial Risk that instructs rule making agencies to take climate change related risk into consideration when writing rules and regulations.
• $100M for environmental justice initiatives
• $1.1B for Everglades restoration
• 30 GW Offshore Wind Plan, incl:
• Largest ever offshore wind lease sale in NY and NJ
• Offshore wind lease sale in California
• Expedited reviews of Offshore Wind Projects
• $3B in DOE loans for offshore wind projects
• $230M in port infrastructure for Offshore wind
• Solar plan to reduce cost of solar by more than 50% by 2030 including $128M in funding to lower costs and improve performance of solar technology
Multi-agency partnership to expedite clean energy projects on federal land
• Instructed Dept of Energy to strengthen appliance efficiency rules
• Finalized rule to prevent cheating on efficiency standards
• Finalized rule to expedite appliance efficiency standards
• Repealed Federal Architecture EO that made sustainable federal buildings harder to build
• Reversed size cuts and restored protections to Bears Ears, Grand Staircase-Escalante, and Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monuments
• Restoring NEPA regulations to take into account climate change and environmental impacts in federal permitting
• Extended public health emergency through at least April 15, 2022
• $50B in funding for FEMA for COVID Disaster Relief including vaccine funding
• Set 100% FEMA reimbursement to states for COVID costs, retroactively to start of pandemic
• $47.8B for testing
• $1.75B for COVID genome sequencing
• $8.5B to CDC for vaccines
• $7.6B to state and local health depts
• $7.6B to community health centers
• $6B to Indian Health Services
• $17B to the VA, including $1B to forgive veteran medical debt
• $3B to address mental health and substance abuse
• Over 500 million vaccine shots administered in a year
• Established 90,000 free vaccination sites
• Raised federal reimbursement from $23 to $40 per shot for vaccine sites
• 6000 troops deployed for initial vaccination
• Cash incentives, free rides, and free childcare for initial vaccination drive
• 400 million vaccines donated internationally, 1.2 billion committed
$2B contribution to COVAX for global vaccinations
• Funded expansion of vaccine manufacturing in India and South Africa
Implemented vaccine mandate for federal employees, contractors, and employees at healthcare providers that receive Medicare/Medicaid funding.
• Implemented vaccine/test mandate for large businesses (SC struck down)
• Invoked DPA for testing, vaccine, PPE manufacturing
• Federal mask mandate for federal buildings, federal employees, and public transportation
• Implemented test requirement for international travel
• Implemented joint FDA-NIH expedited process to approve at home tests more quickly
• Over 20,000 free federal testing sites
8 at home tests per month required to be reimbursed by insurance
• 1B at home tests available for free by mail
• 50M at home tests available free at community health centers
• 25M high quality reusable masks for low-income residents in early 2021
• 400M free N95 masks at pharmacies and health centers
• Military medical teams deployed to help overburdened hospitals
• Rejoined the WHO
• Ended the ban on trans soldiers in the military
• Reversed Trump admin limits on Bostock ruling and fully enforced it
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ patients in healthcare
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ families in housing under the Fair Housing Act
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ people in the financial system to access loans or credit
• Justice Department declared that Title IX prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in education.
• Revoked ban on Federal Diversity Training
Instructed the VA to review its policies to remove barriers to care for trans veterans
• First Senate confirmed LGBTQ Cabinet Secretary
• First trans person confirmed by the Senate
• Extended birthright citizenship to children of same sex couples born abroad
• State Department allows X gender marker on passport for non-binary Americans
• Banned new contracts with private prisons for criminal prisons
• Justice Department reestablished the use of consent degrees with police departments
• Pattern and Practice investigation into Phoenix, Louisville, and Minneapolis
Banned chokeholds and limited no-knock raids among federal law enforcement
Initiative to ban modern day redlining
• Doubled DOJ Civil Rights Division staff
• Increase percentage of federal contract for small disadvantaged businesses from 5% to 15% ($100B in additional contracts over 5 years)
• Sued TX and GA over voting laws. Sued TX over abortion law. Sued GA over prison abuse.
• Signed law making Juneteenth a federal holiday
• Signed EO to use the federal government to improve voting access through federal programs and departments.
• Signed COVID-19 Hate Crime Act, which made more resources available to support the reporting of hate crimes
• Signed EO for diversity in the federal workplace
• Increased federal employment opportunities for previously incarcerated persons
• Banned ghost guns
• New regulations on pistol-stabilizing braces
• First annual gun trafficking report in 20 years
• New zero tolerance policy for gun dealers who willfully violate the law
• Signed COPS act, ensuring confidentiality for peer counseling for police officers
• Signed Protecting America’s First Responders Act, expediting benefits for officers disabled in the line of duty
• Signed bill making it a crime to harm US law enforcement overseas
• Student loan freeze through April 30th, 2022
• Changed criteria so an additional 1.14M borrowers qualified for the loan pause (retroactively forgave interest and penalties)
• Forgiven $11.5B in student loans for disabled students, students who were defrauded, and PSLF
• Fixed PSLF so that it is much easier for previous payments to apply.
• Determined that the paused months will apply to PSLF
• Student loan debt forgiveness is tax free through 2025
• Ended Border Wall emergency and cancelled all new border wall construction and contracts
• Repealed Trump’s Muslim Ban
• Set FY 2022 refugee cap to 125,000, the highest in almost 30 years
• Prohibiting ICE from conducting workplace raids
• Family reunification taskforce to reunite separated families. Reunited over 100+ families and gave them status to stay in US
• Granted or extended TPS for Haitians, Venezuelans, Syrians, and Liberians
• Lifted moratorium on green cards and immigrant visas
• Ended use of public charge rule to deny green cards
• Loosened the criteria to qualify for asylum
• Changed ICE enforcement priorities
• Reinitiated the CAM Refugee program for Northern Triangle minors to apply for asylum from their home countries
• $1B+ in public aid and private investment for addressing the root causes of migration
• Ended family detention of immigrants and moved towards other monitoring
• HHS prohibited working with ICE on enforcement for sponsors of unaccompanied minors
• Got rid of harder citizenship test
• Allowed certain visas to be obtained without an in person consulate interview
• Rescinded “metering” policy that limited migrants at ports of entry
• Ended the War in Afghanistan
• First time in 20 years US not involved in a war
• Ended support for Saudi offensive operations in Yemen
• Airstrikes down 54% in 2021 from 2020.
• Issued policy restricting drone strikes outside of warzones
• Restored $235M in aid to Palestinians
AUKUS defense pact with Australia and UK
• New rules to counter extremism within the military
• Signed law funding capitol police and Afghan Refugees
• EO on competitiveness to write consumer friendly rules, such as right to repair
• EO on improving government experience, incl
• Social Security benefits will be able to be claimed online
• Passports can be renewed online
Makes it easier for low-income families to apply for benefits
• Increase telehealth options
• WIC recipients can use benefits online
• $7.25B in additional PPP funds
• Signed PPP extension law to extend the program for 2 months
• Changed criteria to make it easier for small and minority businesses to qualify for PPP loans
• $29 Restaurant Recovery Fund to recover lost revenue
• $1.25B Shuttered Venue fund
• $10.4B for agriculture
• 30 year bailout of multiemployer pension funds that protects millions of pensions through 2051.
• Pro-labor majority appointed to NLRB
• Established task force to promote unionization
• Restored collective bargaining right for federal employees
• Negotiated deal for West Coast Ports to run 24/7 to ease supply chain
• Signed EO to secure and strengthen supply chains
• Investing $1B in small food processors to combat meat prices
• Extended 15% SNAP benefit increase through Sept 30, 2021
• Made 12 million previously ineligible beneficiaries eligible for the increase
• Public health emergency helps keep benefits in place
• Largest permanent increase in SNAP benefit history, raising permanent benefits by 27% ($20B per year)
• Made school lunches free through for all through the 2021-2022 school year
• Extended the Pandemic EBT program
• Largest ever summer food program in 2021 provided 34 million students with $375 for meals over the summer.
• Restarted the FHA-HFA risk sharing program to finance affordable housing development
• Raised Fannie/Freddie’s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit from $1B to $1.7B a year to invest in affordable housing
• $383M CMF grant program for affordable housing production
• Prioritizing owner-occupants and non-profits as purchasers of FHA-insured and Distressed HUD properties, rather than large investors
• Paid a 10% retention incentive to permanent federal firefighters and a $1000 bonus to seasonal firefighters
• Transitioned hundreds of federal firefighters from part time to full time and hired hundreds more
• $28.6B in supplemental disaster relief approved for natural disasters
• $8.7B in funding to increase lending to minority communities
• Released $1.3B in Puerto Rico disaster aid previously held up by Trump admin and removed restrictions on $8.2B housing disaster aid
• Forgave $371M in community disaster loans in PR
• Released $912M in previously withheld education aid to PR
• Permanently made all families in PR eligible for the CTC (previously only families with 3 or more children were)
• Provided permanent funding to quadruple the size of PRs local earned income tax credit
• Permanent $3B per year boost to funding for PR’s Medicaid program
• Raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour for federal contractor, eliminated the minimum wage exception for certain contractor positions, and ended the tipped contractor wage.
• Ordered the minimum wage for federal employees to be raised to $15 an hour
• Medicaid drug rebate change to discourage excessive price increases and save Gov $23.5B
• Incentives for states to expand Medicaid
Finalized the rule that bans surprise medical bills for out of network medical services
• Instituted a moratorium on the federal death penalty

This list is of course what has become law. If we include what House Democrats have passed, it would be substantially longer, and basically include all of the things the left wants. The obvious obstacle is the Senate, where we don't have the required supermajority necessary to pass lefislation. The obvious solution to be able to pass more legislation, is to elect more Democrats in the Senate and hold the House. This isn't going to happen without a united effort. Dems shouldn't be blamed for essentialy voters failure to deliver the majorities needed to pass legislation. Youth voter turnout in the last two Presidential elections was embarassingly low.

But no matter what we say, this seems to be a doomed cycle, doomed to continuously repeating itself. Democrats warned of everything correctly happening back in 2016, and they were 1000% right. Until people start taking this seriously, and vote accordingly, nothing is going to change, and Republicans are just going to continue rolling back human rights. It's inexcusable and everyone's failure that this is happening. No one group or person is to blame.

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

Another day, another thread full of embarassing talking points from the left.

Apparently, this is "accomplishing nothing"

Hide contents

• 1.9T American Rescue Plan
• $1400 stimulus checks for adults, children, and adult dependents
• 1 year child tax credit expansion – $3600 0-5, $3000 6-17, removed income reqs and made fully refundable
• One year EITC expansion
• $350 billion state and local aid
• $130 billion for schools for safe reopening
• $40 billion for higher ed, half of which must go to student aid
• Extended $300 supplemental UI through September 2021
• Expanded eligibility for extended UI to cover new categories
• Made $10,200 in UI from 2020 tax free
• $1B for Head Start
• $24B Childcare stabilization fund
• $15B in low-income childcare grants
• One Year Child and Dependent Care credit expansion
• $46.5B in housing assistance, inc:
- $21.5B rental assistance
- $10B homeowner relief
- $5B for Sec 8 vouchers
- $5B to fight homelessness
- $5B for utilities assistance
- Extended Eviction moratorium through Aug 2021 (SC struck down)
• 2 year ACA tax credit expansion and ending of subsidy cliff – expanded coverage to millions and cut costs for millions more
• 100% COBRA subsidy through Sept 30th, 2021
• 6 month special enrollment period from Feb-Aug 2021
• Required insurers to cover PrEP, an HIV prevention drug, including all clinical visits relating to it
• Extended open enrollment from 45 to 76 days
• New year round special enrollment period for low income enrollees
• Restored Navigator program to assist with ACA sign up
• Removed separate billing requirement for ACA abortion coverage
• Eliminated regulation that allows states to privatize their exchanges
• Eliminated all Medicaid work requirements
Permanently removed restriction on access to abortion pills by mail
• Signed the Accelerating Access to Critical Therapies for ALS Act to fund increased ALS research and expedite access to experimental treatments
• Rescinded Mexico City Policy (global gag rule) which barred international non-profits from receiving US funding if they provided abortion counseling or referrals
• Allowed states to extend coverage through Medicaid and CHIP to post-partum women for 1 year (up from 60 days)
• 42 Lifetime Federal judges confirmed – most in 40 years
• 13 Circuit Court judges
• 29 District Court judges
• Named first openly LBGTQ woman to sit on an appeals court, first Muslim American federal judge, and record number of black women and public defenders
• $1.2T infrastructure law, including $550B in new funding $
• $110B for roads and bridges
• $66B for passenger and freight rail
• $39B for public transit, plus $30.5B in public transit funds from ARP
• $65B for grid expansion to build out grid for clean energy transmission
• $50B for climate resiliency
• $21 for environmental remediation, incl. superfund cleanup and capping orphan wells
• $7.5B for electric buses
• $7.5B for electric charging stations
• $55B for water and wastewater, including lead pipe removal
• $65B for Affordable Broadband
• $25B for airports, plus $8B from ARP
• $17B for ports and waterways
• $1B in reconnecting communities
• Rejoined the Paris Climate Accords 50% emission reduction goal (2005 levels) by 2030
• EO instructing all federal agencies to implement climate change prevention measures
• Ordered 100% carbon free electricity federal procurement by 2030
100% zero emission light vehicle procurement by 2027, all vehicles by 2035
Net Zero federal building portfolio by 2045, 50% reduction by 2032
• Net Zero federal procurement no later than 2050
• Net zero emissions from federal operations by 2050, 65% reduction by 2030
• Finalized rule slashing the use of hydrofluorocarbons by 85% by 2036 – will slow temp rise by 0.5°C on it’s own.
• Set new fuel efficiency standards for cars and light trucks, raising the requirement for 2026 from 43mpg to 55mpg.
• Protected Tongass National Forest, one of the world’s largest carbon sinks, from development, mining, and logging
• Revoked Keystone XL permit
• Used the CRA to reverse the Trump administration Methane rule, restoring stronger Obama era standards.
• EPA proposed new methane rule stricter than Obama rule, would reduce 41 million tons of methane emissions by 2035
• Partnered with the EU to create the Global Methane Pledge, which over 100 countries have signed, to reduce methane emissions by 30% by 2030 from 2020 levels
• US-EU trade deal to reward clean steel and aluminum and penalize dirty production
• Ended US funding for new coal and fossil fuel projects overseas, and prioritized funding towards clean energy projects
• G7 partnership for “Build Back Better World” – to fund $100s of billions in climate friendly infrastructure in developing countries
• Restoring California’s ability to set stricter climate requirements
• Signed EO on Climate Related Financial Risk that instructs rule making agencies to take climate change related risk into consideration when writing rules and regulations.
• 30 GW Offshore Wind Plan, incl:
• Largest ever offshore wind lease sale in NY and NJ
• Offshore wind lease sale in California
• Expedited reviews of Offshore Wind Projects
• $3B in DOE loans for offshore wind projects
• $230M in port infrastructure for Offshore wind
• Solar plan to reduce cost of solar by more than 50% by 2030 including $128M in funding to lower costs and improve performance of solar technology
Multi-agency partnership to expedite clean energy projects on federal land
• Instructed Dept of Energy to strengthen appliance efficiency rules
• Finalized rule to prevent cheating on efficiency standards
• Finalized rule to expedite appliance efficiency standards
• Repealed Federal Architecture EO that made sustainable federal buildings harder to build
• Reversed size cuts and restored protections to Bears Ears, Grand Staircase-Escalante, and Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monuments
• Restoring NEPA regulations to take into account climate change and environmental impacts in federal permitting
• Extended public health emergency through at least April 15, 2022
• $50B in funding for FEMA for COVID Disaster Relief including vaccine funding
• Set 100% FEMA reimbursement to states for COVID costs, retroactively to start of pandemic
• $47.8B for testing
• $1.75B for COVID genome sequencing
• $8.5B to CDC for vaccines
• $7.6B to state and local health depts
• $7.6B to community health centers
• $6B to Indian Health Services
• $17B to the VA, including $1B to forgive veteran medical debt
• $3B to address mental health and substance abuse
• Over 500 million vaccine shots administered in a year
• Established 90,000 free vaccination sites
• Raised federal reimbursement from $23 to $40 per shot for vaccine sites
• 6000 troops deployed for initial vaccination
• Cash incentives, free rides, and free childcare for initial vaccination drive
• 400 million vaccines donated internationally, 1.2 billion committed
$2B contribution to COVAX for global vaccinations
• Funded expansion of vaccine manufacturing in India and South Africa
Implemented vaccine mandate for federal employees, contractors, and employees at healthcare providers that receive Medicare/Medicaid funding.
• Implemented vaccine/test mandate for large businesses (SC struck down)
• Invoked DPA for testing, vaccine, PPE manufacturing
• Federal mask mandate for federal buildings, federal employees, and public transportation
• Implemented test requirement for international travel
• Implemented joint FDA-NIH expedited process to approve at home tests more quickly
• Over 20,000 free federal testing sites
8 at home tests per month required to be reimbursed by insurance
• 1B at home tests available for free by mail
• 50M at home tests available free at community health centers
• 25M high quality reusable masks for low-income residents in early 2021
• 400M free N95 masks at pharmacies and health centers
• Military medical teams deployed to help overburdened hospitals
• Rejoined the WHO
• Ended the ban on trans soldiers in the military
• Reversed Trump admin limits on Bostock ruling and fully enforced it
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ patients in healthcare
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ families in housing under the Fair Housing Act
• Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ people in the financial system to access loans or credit
• Justice Department declared that Title IX prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in education.
• Revoked ban on Federal Diversity Training
Instructed the VA to review its policies to remove barriers to care for trans veterans
• First Senate confirmed LGBTQ Cabinet Secretary
• First trans person confirmed by the Senate
• Extended birthright citizenship to children of same sex couples born abroad
• State Department allows X gender marker on passport for non-binary Americans
• Banned new contracts with private prisons for criminal prisons
• Justice Department reestablished the use of consent degrees with police departments
• Pattern and Practice investigation into Phoenix, Louisville, and Minneapolis
Banned chokeholds and limited no-knock raids among federal law enforcement
Initiative to ban modern day redlining
• Doubled DOJ Civil Rights Division staff
• Increase percentage of federal contract for small disadvantaged businesses from 5% to 15% ($100B in additional contracts over 5 years)
• Sued TX and GA over voting laws. Sued TX over abortion law. Sued GA over prison abuse.
• Signed law making Juneteenth a federal holiday
• Signed EO to use the federal government to improve voting access through federal programs and departments.
• Signed COVID-19 Hate Crime Act, which made more resources available to support the reporting of hate crimes
• Signed EO for diversity in the federal workplace
• Increased federal employment opportunities for previously incarcerated persons
• Banned ghost guns
• New regulations on pistol-stabilizing braces
• First annual gun trafficking report in 20 years
• New zero tolerance policy for gun dealers who willfully violate the law
• Signed COPS act, ensuring confidentiality for peer counseling for police officers
• Signed Protecting America’s First Responders Act, expediting benefits for officers disabled in the line of duty
• Signed bill making it a crime to harm US law enforcement overseas
• Student loan freeze through April 30th, 2022
• Changed criteria so an additional 1.14M borrowers qualified for the loan pause (retroactively forgave interest and penalties)
• Forgiven $11.5B in student loans for disabled students, students who were defrauded, and PSLF
• Fixed PSLF so that it is much easier for previous payments to apply.
• Determined that the paused months will apply to PSLF
• Student loan debt forgiveness is tax free through 2025
• Ended Border Wall emergency and cancelled all new border wall construction and contracts
• Repealed Trump’s Muslim Ban
• Set FY 2022 refugee cap to 125,000, the highest in almost 30 years
• Prohibiting ICE from conducting workplace raids
• Family reunification taskforce to reunite separated families. Reunited over 100+ families and gave them status to stay in US
• Granted or extended TPS for Haitians, Venezuelans, Syrians, and Liberians
• Lifted moratorium on green cards and immigrant visas
• Ended use of public charge rule to deny green cards
• Loosened the criteria to qualify for asylum
• Changed ICE enforcement priorities
• Reinitiated the CAM Refugee program for Northern Triangle minors to apply for asylum from their home countries
• $1B+ in public aid and private investment for addressing the root causes of migration
• Ended family detention of immigrants and moved towards other monitoring
• HHS prohibited working with ICE on enforcement for sponsors of unaccompanied minors
• Got rid of harder citizenship test
• Allowed certain visas to be obtained without an in person consulate interview
• Rescinded “metering” policy that limited migrants at ports of entry
• Ended the War in Afghanistan
• First time in 20 years US not involved in a war
• Ended support for Saudi offensive operations in Yemen
• Airstrikes down 54% in 2021 from 2020.
• Issued policy restricting drone strikes outside of warzones
• Restored $235M in aid to Palestinians
AUKUS defense pact with Australia and UK
• New rules to counter extremism within the military
• Signed law funding capitol police and Afghan Refugees
• EO on competitiveness to write consumer friendly rules, such as right to repair
• EO on improving government experience, incl
• Social Security benefits will be able to be claimed online
• Passports can be renewed online
Makes it easier for low-income families to apply for benefits
• Increase telehealth options
• WIC recipients can use benefits online
• $7.25B in additional PPP funds
• Signed PPP extension law to extend the program for 2 months
• Changed criteria to make it easier for small and minority businesses to qualify for PPP loans
• $29 Restaurant Recovery Fund to recover lost revenue
• $1.25B Shuttered Venue fund
• $10.4B for agriculture
• 30 year bailout of multiemployer pension funds that protects millions of pensions through 2051.
• Pro-labor majority appointed to NLRB
• Established task force to promote unionization
• Restored collective bargaining right for federal employees
• Negotiated deal for West Coast Ports to run 24/7 to ease supply chain
• Signed EO to secure and strengthen supply chains
• Investing $1B in small food processors to combat meat prices
• Extended 15% SNAP benefit increase through Sept 30, 2021
• Made 12 million previously ineligible beneficiaries eligible for the increase
• Public health emergency helps keep benefits in place
• Largest permanent increase in SNAP benefit history, raising permanent benefits by 27% ($20B per year)
• Made school lunches free through for all through the 2021-2022 school year
• Extended the Pandemic EBT program
• Largest ever summer food program in 2021 provided 34 million students with $375 for meals over the summer.
• Restarted the FHA-HFA risk sharing program to finance affordable housing development
• Raised Fannie/Freddie’s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit from $1B to $1.7B a year to invest in affordable housing
• $383M CMF grant program for affordable housing production
• Prioritizing owner-occupants and non-profits as purchasers of FHA-insured and Distressed HUD properties, rather than large investors
• Paid a 10% retention incentive to permanent federal firefighters and a $1000 bonus to seasonal firefighters
• Transitioned hundreds of federal firefighters from part time to full time and hired hundreds more
• $28.6B in supplemental disaster relief approved for natural disasters
• $8.7B in funding to increase lending to minority communities
• Released $1.3B in Puerto Rico disaster aid previously held up by Trump admin and removed restrictions on $8.2B housing disaster aid
• Forgave $371M in community disaster loans in PR
• Released $912M in previously withheld education aid to PR
• Permanently made all families in PR eligible for the CTC (previously only families with 3 or more children were)
• Provided permanent funding to quadruple the size of PRs local earned income tax credit
• Permanent $3B per year boost to funding for PR’s Medicaid program
• Raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour for federal contractor, eliminated the minimum wage exception for certain contractor positions, and ended the tipped contractor wage.
• Ordered the minimum wage for federal employees to be raised to $15 an hour
• Medicaid drug rebate change to discourage excessive price increases and save Gov $23.5B
• Incentives for states to expand Medicaid
Finalized the rule that bans surprise medical bills for out of network medical services
• Instituted a moratorium on the federal death penalty

This list is of course what has become law. If we include what House Democrats have passed, it would be substantially longer, and basically include all of the things the left wants. The obvious obstacle is the Senate, where we don't have the required supermajority necessary to pass lefislation. The obvious solution to be able to pass more legislation, is to elect more Democrats in the Senate and hold the House. This isn't going to happen without a united effort. Dems shouldn't be blamed for essentialy voters failure to deliver the majorities needed to pass legislation. Youth voter turnout in the last two Presidential elections was embarassingly low.

But no matter what we say, this seems to be a doomed cycle, doomed to continuously repeating itself. Democrats warned of everything correctly happening back in 2016, and they were 1000% right. Until people start taking this seriously, and vote accordingly, nothing is going to change, and Republicans are just going to continue rolling back human rights. It's inexcusable and everyone's failure that this is happening. No one group or person is to blame.

Every ounce of this is just a pile of excuses.

Biden sucks. Democrats suck. They are going to get spanked in November for sucking and being probably the worst, most incompetent government we've ever had. "Period." (as Joe himself likes to say)

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Every ounce of this is just a pile of excuses.

Biden sucks. Democrats suck. They are going to get spanked in November for sucking and being probably the worst, most incompetent government we've ever had. "Period." (as Joe himself likes to say)

Great arguments here :clap3:

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

Great arguments here :clap3:

Biden literally let American infants starve for 3 months. Slava Ukraini, though! :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.