Bill Maher gives anti-trans rant; receives praise from MTG and far-right

ClashAndBurn

“I didn’t leave the left; the left left me.” :clownny:

• ATRL Moderator

Eyt1fbVXMAAe5r2.jpg

A picture and some basic history (e.g., being left-handed used to be commonly affiliated with being of the devil) is enough to debunk Bill Maher's idiotic, redundant rant invalidating trans people.

Hmmm let's see; maybe it's regional because of acceptance. And even then, there's still trans people who choose to not say anything, which clearly isn't shown when it comes down to "numbers".

:clown:

The entire point of the segment was “let children be children” and not have to decide what their gender is, which idk I do agree with? 

as far as the regional comment, it is absolutely because it’s more shamed in Ohio that there aren’t more trans people

So he's turning into Roseanne who he dragged for filth a few years ago?

6 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

The entire point of the segment was “let children be children” and not have to decide what their gender is, which idk I do agree with? 

as far as the regional comment, it is absolutely because it’s more shamed in Ohio that there aren’t more trans people

It was never not "let children be children." If you think otherwise, then you fell for right wing talking points. :michael:

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

No child is trans because their parent convinced them they were trans. Many children who later go on to identify as trans want to express their gender in untraditional ways. An example would be a trans girl (i.e., a child born with a penis) wanting to wear a dress and express as a girl. This exploration is very much part of being a child. Pro-trans people are actually saying, "let children be children" and let them have the freedom to express how they feel comfortable.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, bidet said:

that's not an anti-trans rant though? 

The implication that pro-trans attitudes are indoctrinating children into being trans is extremely anti-trans. That essentially tells people that being trans is invalid and implicitly endorses anti-trans legislation. This is extremely harmful when there are several states passing laws that would make mental healthcare to trans people that doesn't invalidate their identity illegal.

Hmmm he made some points and he made some stupid points.

This is not specifically about trans but there is being lgbtq+ is in fact trendy right now and there might be some cases under the umbrella that are not really it. 

Kids are in fact impressionable so idk, there is no right answer but it is more important that people have their choice.

About the regional thing, people in Ohio are obviously shamed because of that.

He always seemed like a secret republican to me anyway. Always hated him.

what a ******* moron

8 minutes ago, Trent W said:

This is not specifically about trans but there is being lgbtq+ is in fact trendy right now and there might be some cases under the umbrella that are not really it. 

Kids are in fact impressionable so idk, there is no right answer but it is more important that people have their choice.

Prior to the last 5 years, being straight was the acceptable norm. Did that turn you straight? 

This argument that children are choosing to become gay because of more LGBTQ friendly content is redundant. By that same logic, gay people would cease to exist because of constant past exposure to heteronormative lifestyles. 

Exposure to LGBT content does not shape one’s sexuality, but makes one feel safer, more comfortable and accepting of it.

3 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Prior to the last 5 years, being straight was the acceptable norm. Did that turn you straight? 

This argument that children are choosing to become gay because of more LGBTQ friendly content is redundant. By that same logic, gay people would cease to exist because of constant past exposure to heteronormative lifestyles. 

Exposure to LGBT content does not shape one’s sexuality, but makes one feel safer, more comfortable and accepting of it.

Is not about exposure or education to it.

It is in fact bringing clout to some people.

The concern is that lots of children/teens could be doing it for the new rising clout.

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Is not about exposure or education to it.

It is in fact bringing clout to some people.

The concern is that lots of children/teens could be doing it for the new rising clout.

Can you provide examples?

The first minute was super funny but then it went downhill quite quickly. 

They always thing we wanna make it about us, when we just wanna exist in peace. That's queerphobic in itself.

6 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

Can you provide examples?

No, because I would be shaming/questioning a person about their identity. I can’t isolate a person like that.

What I’m saying is that is okay to have concern about kids transitioning for the right reasons.

People’s brains are not fully developed until their 20s, I mean cmon, like obviously some people will regret something they decide at 12.

Edited by Trent W

47 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

The entire segment for context:

Based & redpilled :WAP: I need to watch him more.

5 minutes ago, LeMésTragique said:

Based & redpilled

This isn't 4chan miss girl

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

No, because I would be shaming/questioning a person about their identity. I can’t isolate a person like that.

Unless there’s enough evidence showing that many people regretting their transition at a young age,  this is all hypothetical. I do agree that there should be a minimum age of transitioning (if there isn’t one already).

Furthermore, this idea that anyone can easily transition is very naive. You go through a lengthy process with several doctors before it’s approved, and the your body goes through intense and often uncomfortable changes as you transition. I highly doubt that someone will be vigilant enough to go through this process for ulterior motives like preying on woman in their bathrooms or because it’s currently trendy (which it’s not).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.