Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry | Turns 15

naval23

This absolute classic turns 15 today! Lyrically, the song talks about moving on from a painful breakup.

Released as the 4th single of Fergie's The Dutchess era, it became the 3rd #1 of the era. After lingering in the top 5 for over 3 months, it finally climbed to #1 in September 2007 dethroning Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls".

It sold over 4M+ downloads in the USA becoming the biggest downloaded track of 2007, and topped radio for 7 weeks.

It reached #1 in 10+ countries including Australia, Austria, Canada, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Moscow, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and the USA and reached top 10 in 25+ countries. 

It was responsible for the re-peak of The Dutchess in the USA, when it initially debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 with 150k sales in September 2006, it re-peaked at #2 in September 2007 after the success of Big Girls Don't Cry. 

Fergie initially scrapped the track from the album, but after hearing Jordan McCoy's version, she last minute tagged it onto "The Dutchess" before its release. 

Hot 100 Stats:
Top 5 - 18 weeks
Top 10 - 21 weeks
Top 20 - 32 weeks
Top 50 - 48 weeks

2000s Decade Chart - #13 (4th biggest female song of the decade)

What is your favourite US #1 from each pop girl? - Page 2 - Entertainment  Talk - Gaga Daily

It has 400M+ Spotify streams and 300M+ YouTube Views - a streaming, airplay and digital classic

A legendary song. Absolutely a classic. 

:jonny:Oh, the memories, simpler and more bearable times... Beautiful song :heart:

An absolute classic, it really takes you back

Top 10 favourite song of all time for me

Still one of my favorites from her even though it's so popular. Takes me back to good some good memories, and also some sad ones from when I cried to the song lmao, love Fergie!

Amazing song, makes me sad to listen to :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.