Taylor: The internet cancelled me and I nearly lost my career

_Fey

Yeah she really went through it in 2016/2017 :dancehall: I felt for her even as an OTH at the time

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• byzantium

• wastedpotential

• State of Grace.

• Headlock

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Because there are a few (predictable) mods getting their kiii's upthread :gaycat6:

Same mod as always, same mod that abuses their privileges and never got thrown out over it, Atrl is just so great huh?

ot: to the losers: don’t bring race into this as bait for stan wars when we were just targeted in a mass shooting, it’s ******* pathetic.

also, did y’all want her to talk about the guy that groped her ass or her mother’s cancer in a college speech? It’s supposed to be fun for the GRADUATES get the f over yourselves

She was bullied to hell and back in 2016-2017.

There were articles dragging her when she celebrated her birthday and said she was grateful. They called her tone deaf all the time.

Her a-political stance was as TRASHED. They forced her to be a liberal publicly  and do one of the cringest campaigns I’ve ever seen with lover. She was probably always liberal but still dragging her was sooo sooo unnecessary.

She loves playing victim and her career was never in danger, but SHE WAS BULLIED TO HELL AND BACK in those years.

7 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Exactly, typical bully and narcissistic behavior. And she is 32 like she is an adult she should focus on starting a family than bullying upcoming artists like Olivia.

WaiT how did she bully Olivia? I wasn’t aware of that.

OT: always playing the victim. Typical Taylor Swift move. But hey, it works for her. So I can’t hate on that tbh.

The Victim of Pop strikes again. :bibliahh: Nobody "cancelled" her. Some Twitter gays dragged her and some Instagram gays put snake emoji on her posts, but that  was all. The media didn't turn on her as much as she might think, and the GP just didn't care one way or another. 

Just because she revived again doesn't mean that she didn't get cancelled, people always forgot other people's pain once others got recovered. 

some artists might never stand up again after crushed by the hate train.

Wow The fake ******* on page one.

You all love to play the pop girl vs pop girl game but don't wanna admit it. You're part of it, *****. :coffee2:

PS I don't care about TS 

Edited by chhalamars

Just now, spree said:

she hasn't had a hit since You Need to Calm Down.

Let's assume what you said is true (its not) and she has no hitz!!! yet....

EwdCj95UUAUZAsE?format=jpg&name=large

163209154_10158275868935748_4381165167710581523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=RKYojMHMWcAAX8SRZnT&_nc_ht=scontent.ftun15-1.fna&oh=00_AT9_cvUafCxvKQDs_4yAW2wqigLD64FRALcYf140Yb_daA&oe=62ABFF7B

FEGjechVEAER8Pq?format=jpg&name=900x900

I could go on forever about how 2020-present has been just another imperial phase for Taylor. All Too Well 10MV and Willow are her latest hits. She currently has album tracks outstreaming yalls faves #1 "hits" and singles as well.

But wait, don't you stan...Katy Perry girl? I really think you should sit this one OUT.

957892978_ATRLAvi.thumb.gif.770e6f0e4a30

7 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Exactly, typical bully and narcissistic behavior. And she is 32 like she is an adult she should focus on starting a family than bullying upcoming artists like Olivia.

What is this disgusting overt misogyny? Dictating what women should do with their lives? The last thing women need is anyone else telling them when they should or should not have children, especially in this day and age. It's because of blockheads with primitive mentalities like you she says **** like this. ******* weirdo

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Because there are a few (predictable) mods getting their kiii's upthread :gaycat6:

Every time I’ve closed a Taylor thread, I get attacked and harassed by fans saying I’m biased (regardless of the reason for the close).  So I’m leaving it open and letting it be since closing threads is always an issue. 

If another mod feels differently, they are welcome to address it the way they feel. 

Also, nobody checks @ATRL Administration so tagging that account (or any ATRL account) does nothing really.  We welcome members to report posts they feel like break the rules and we will address it in our queue.  

5 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

The Victim of Pop strikes again. :bibliahh: Nobody "cancelled" her. Some Twitter gays dragged her and some Instagram gays put snake emoji on her posts, but that  was all. The media didn't turn on her as much as she might think, and the GP just didn't care one way or another. 

This whole thread is evidence to how much harassment she gets over literally nothing. 

boo you *****

She reminds me of Gretchen actually

a381893a9153357d4a807346ba8e5979.gif

I stop to read at page 9, it’s the same of what I saw back in 2016 when internet got what they wanted just to throw more than hatred feelings towards her. Funny how the narratives had changed through these years to a mere “phase” of irrelevant comments of cancelation. 

She said in her speech that these validations aren’t much of a concern to her and I’m gladly that she evolved it. I tried to imagine if she hadn’t moved on, it would be like these weirdo gay*s on atrl trapped on that time:rip:

Edited by Villas

25 minutes ago, thetea said:

she is. literally every female artist has gone through this one point in their career, and even the ones who were done worse (like Janet) handled it better and didn't constantly victimise themselves. 

lol how they handle it better when they literally never recover.

doesn`t handle better mean that you can actually make a comeback and then make a light heart joke about it.

Still don`t understand how this harmless joke about her factual life event can cause this much conversation 20 pages for what? Who is really the dramatic queens around here, Taylor, Swifties or OTH?

11 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

All Too Well 10MV and Willow are her latest hits.

:rip:

These revisionist takes are hilarious. The incident was covered by hundreds of news outlets, #TSIsOverParty was trending on Twitter for a month straight and there were murals painted for it all across the country. We'd be here for days if I listed every viral hate tweet she received between 2016 and 2017. It's inarguable, she was the most hated celebrity on the planet during those years.

She said nothing untrue so miss me with the faux outrage.

42 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Just leaving this here for the people living under rocks in 2017. She was DRAGGED for a birthday post celebrating her 28s because: “the year was shitty for everyone else” :deadbanana4:

https://ew.com/music/2017/12/14/taylor-swift-better-year-2017/

this entire thread is serving the same energy of that article :ace:

Taylor: happy birthday to me 

Media: what, how dare you everyone has a bad year but you...alhdkdbwywef3@(&#&&#7

Taylor: the internet canceled me that make me know more about wine

ATRL: what, white woman tears, stop playing victim.... alchahjas@#%^@((&^%%$%&

4 hours ago, Revelations said:

LMFAO ? this skinny cis white straight girl has no idea what it’s like to be cancelled. 

Not with that monster in your avi you wont. 

People forgetting she polled as one of the most hated celebrities in 2017 alongside BILL COSBY and DONALD TRUMP. 

I feel as the statement wouldn't be so controversial if she said the "internet tried to cancel me". She was never anywhere losing her career with the 1m+ opening week and insane tour gross that came from it. She had a hate train for sure, but she was never cancelled

A 20 page thread going in circles over a 5 second joke from a 25 minute speech.....

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-size_restricte