Queer as Folk (2022) | Season 1 | Out now

James_Dean

3 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I was obviously talking about the actors not the place in the show :rip:

Ehh…. still doesn’t feel very West Hollywood, judging that theirs actual skin color within this group. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• James_Dean

• Pop Life

• Monster Megamind

2 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

Ehh…. still doesn’t feel very West Hollywood, judging that theirs actual skin color within this group. 

Gurl, those actors are mostly West Hollywood IG/TikTok gays. I was never talking about a ~feeling~ or the fictional characters 

What's not clicking here?

1 minute ago, Daddy said:

Gurl, those actors are mostly West Hollywood IG/TikTok gays. I was never talking about a ~feeling~ or the fictional characters 

What's not clicking here?

Are they? I know that Jonny guy and the one with glasses is but not sure the others. 

Yea this ain’t it

So no Ted, Emmett or Michael? So none of the original cast, none of the original characters, a different setting... :psyduck:

Why even call it Queer as Folk in the first place? Makes this seem like a cash grab

2 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

So no Ted, Emmett or Michael? So none of the original cast, none of the original characters, a different setting... :psyduck:

Why even call it Queer as Folk in the first place? Makes this seem like a cash grab

This is a remake of the British version,  not the American version. 

5 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

So they can gun down everyone in Babylon :doc:

Edited by Dula Peep

1 hour ago, Hector said:

This is a remake of the British version,  not the American version. 

I prefer the American version, which is why its characters were the first to come to mind. But satisficing that, this doesn't have any hallmarks of the original incarnation either. At least, none that can be gleaned from this trailer :michael:

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

So they can gun down everyone in Babylon :doc:

You mean instead of bombing it again? :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I wish this was just a different show. QAF is iconic as hell and co-opting the name kinda just sets this (very different) series up for a lot of comparisons that are aren't in its favor.

glad there’s gays of color :clap3: even though y’all are being HELLA extra, I can see how this can be messy :rip: i’ll watch it when it comes out before i make final judgement 

Not a Pulse storyline :rip:

I might pass.

6 hours ago, Bloo said:

I wish this was just a different show. QAF is iconic as hell and co-opting the name kinda just sets this (very different) series up for a lot of comparisons that are aren't in its favor.

Pretty much this.

Like, the show looks interesting and I’m glad it’s showing a more diverse and inclusive group of friends, but it’s not giving me sexy QaF vibes. I’ll wait to judge further until I’ve seen it. 

By the way, you all should check out It’s A Sin, created by the original team behind Queer as Folk. It’s a way more inclusive show than QaF and the topic of HIV/AIDS is taken on in a chilling yet realistic way.

Also QaF soundtrack was everything. I don’t hear anything resembling even the OG series in this short trailer stylistically. Stylistically it’s very much like Pose.

i agree with most of the comments here, this is trash :doc: i just want a fun show with a hot gay couple like the original one and none of this cheesy preachy dialogue but that seems impossible to get nowadays

it's kinda sad that a show aired in 2000 was ten times bolder with sex and nudity than this almost prudish mess we are getting in 2022

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the trailer and honestly i never seen the original nor the Showtime version and I know Peacock is really going off on the promo and marketing for this show, especially since I saw ads for it in LA. But I feel this show comes at a terrible timing, especially when Pulse's anniversary is in June and there was like multiple shootings within the past two weeks. The producers who are producing this show mentioned that this isn't intended to be like the original show, more like a reimagining. I wish them the best, but the storyline in the beginning is going to potentially hurt them considering the bad timing of recent events. I'll probably watch and tune in to support, but it just feels that the plot shouldn't deal with trauma, especially for LGBTQ+ folks, there are so many shows with that and it's like "Why can't there be a show with POC LGBTQ+ people being happy and fun?" like that's my two cents.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, dabunique said:

my bestie and a few other survivors of Pulse were asked to advise da writers on da tragedy in this show

That's respectful of them to do that and consider survivors and their input towards writing the show but I just know Twitter is already outraged about the plot. :deadbanana2: I was excited for it since Ryan O'Connell is in it, but after finding out what the "the tragedy' it's like... I am just like... disappointed. 

Edited by Mellark

On 5/19/2022 at 7:27 PM, Bussea said:

glad there’s gays of color :clap3: even though y’all are being HELLA extra, I can see how this can be messy :rip: i’ll watch it when it comes out before i make final judgement 

Yeah that's why I am considering tuning in as well and make my final judgement considering they don't know how LGBTQ+ shows and programming has been predominantly white-led in the early 2000s until like... now when we are seeing more representation.

Edited by Mellark

NEXT

I hate that everithing is full or rainbows and unircorns nowadays... MESS

Did anyone watch? I didn't realize they were releasing the whole season today

never seen any other QAF versions but i just watched the pilot. i didn’t realize Ryan wasn’t in the main cast (he barely had 30 secs of screentime) but the cast isn’t as much of a mess as i originally expected :rip: 

pilot episode was very jarring tho, im not sure how to feel about it yet. im not offended by the whole shooting thing but it just felt like an odd choice for a pilot episode because we had just gotten introduced to the characters and their dynamics and then there’s suddenly an extreme shift. i’ll keep watching and see how it affects the rest of the season since i love Ryan’s work on Special (also currently reading his novel which is great). i just don’t want them to push the exes getting back together and i have a feeling that’s where this is headed :rip:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.