ugh, a hard pass

the original series remains ICONIC, this one will be forgotten next year 

Edited by lovedaddy

Of course ATRL hating on something without even watching the 1st episode :rip:

9 minutes ago, Brando said:

The masc gays erasure..

!!! WTH

i was expecting frontal nudity and sex not trauma 

my bestie and a few other survivors of Pulse were asked to advise da writers on da tragedy in this show

IDK... I'm all for giving this a chance, but it's not giving me Queer As Folk, it's giving me all of the other LGBT-centric shows that are on right now. I guess I was expecting more of a remake than an original series, but if it's not a remake then why keep the name Queer As Folk?

2 minutes ago, dabunique said:

my bestie and a few other survivors of Pulse were asked to advise da writers on da tragedy in this show

That's good to hear so I'm definitely going to check this out. I'm curious to see how they handle incorporating something that has been so traumatic for the queer community. Hopefully they do it justice.

Edited by Bang Up

Just now, Bang Up said:

IDK... I'm all for giving this a chance, but it's not giving me Queer As Folk, it's giving me all of the other LGBT-centric shows that are on right now. I guess I was expecting more of a remake than an original series, but if it's not a remake then why keep the name Queer As Folk?

my thought exactly nuttin of this reminds me of QAF

like i don't care dat they changed characters to be more inclusive (which is great) but there is also a main crew of friends and honestly i don't see it here

2 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

I was expecting more of a remake than an original series, but if it's not a remake then why keep the name Queer As Folk?

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

That's good to hear so I'm definitely going to check this out. I'm curious to see how they handle incorporating something that has been so traumatic for the queer community. Hopefully they do it justice.

if they goin down dat road, i need a main character dead and another one badly injured

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

!!! WTH

i was expecting frontal nudity and sex not trauma 

I mean I get where you're coming from but didn't season 1 have multiple instances of statutory rape? I feel like the show had trauma the begin with, no?

This looks like Euphoria and Pose had a baby :toofunny3:

Doesn't really give QAF tbh. Might be good tho, we'll see! :eatpopcorn:

i kno i've seen dat they didn't include any main characters who are fat (typical of da gay community shunning us) but wasn't expecting dat legend Kim Catrall would be da fattie of da series

It feels almost forced and not genuine with them trying to be as inclusive as possible.  

I wish they did what they did with L Word, a revival with some original cast + new characters.

Yeah, this ain’t QAF and I can’t at them casting a ragtag bunch of uglies :deadbanana2:

like, QAF is known for its raunchy sex scenes and hot guys. This show is giving Netflix does lgbt week.

this is gonna be jus like da SATC reboot lol

3 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

It feels almost forced and not genuine with them trying to be as inclusive as possible.  

I think it somewhat makes sense considering QAF pushed the boundary just for having gay people in it, and now society is in a different place in that regard. 

that said, this show doesn’t look or feel at all like QAF and instead like other gay shows on streaming these days. I was hoping for a conceptually close reboot.

• ATRL Moderator

QaF is one of my all-time favorite shows and I had high hopes for this new version but sadly based off the trailer, it really kept none of the qualities that made QaF great and just blends in with other LGBT shows currently out there.

I'll still watch the first episode or two to give it a full shot, but it's not looking good :'( 

3 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

I think it somewhat makes sense considering QAF pushed the boundary just for having gay people in it, and now society is in a different place in that regard. 

that said, this show doesn’t look or feel at all like QAF and instead like other gay shows on streaming these days. I was hoping for a conceptually close reboot.

this right here

i'm gonna give it a chance

• ATRL Moderator

The writing :deadbanana2:

This looks more like Pose than it does QAF. 

It also looks …generic? Like it doesn’t look any different than the other drama shows that are out right now. (Euphoria, etc)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.