Obi-Wan Kenobi | May 27

Billionaire

it's fine but it's really not anything special. Just feels like they're going through the motions. Barely anything happened in this ep and we still didn't learn anything about Reva. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• BuzzCharts

• Jotham

• Terylee

episode 4 was horrible, wtf was even the point of that?

SUG4xd7.gif

Since it’s only six episodes, each episode should substantially move the plot forward. The writing isn’t allowing that to happen. I really like Tala as a character. Hope she sticks around. 

15 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Since it’s only six episodes, each episode should substantially move the plot forward. The writing isn’t allowing that to happen. I really like Tala as a character. Hope she sticks around. 

Agreed. Something significant should have happened in this episode.

Spoiler

It was annoying having to see Leia being rescued twice. At this point Leia should have been back on Alderann with Obi Wan on the run from the inquisitors and Vader. I do appreciate the dynamic between Obi Wan and Leia. It’s one of the strongest things about this show but did she have to be kidnapped twice? If so, then escaping the fortress should’ve been more tense. Like hiding her under Obi WAN’s coat looked ridiculous. Like anyone walking by would’ve seen it as suspicious. The writing is inconsistent in the series and I wish they would’ve gotten a stronger team of writers. There’s no excuse for making this episode kind of a filler episode when you have six episodes to tell a concise tight story. There were good moments in the episode of course, but they are outweighed by the inconsistencies in the writing. It’s hard to believe Lucasfilm and Disney have partly dropped the ball on this show. It should’ve been an easy homerun for them. 

The Obi Wan and Leia dynamic is literally the best thing to come out of this show, so I’m perfectly fine with us spending more time with it.  I don’t think the writing is as bad as some are saying, I just think the execution of it has been bad at times.  I thought Deborah Chow was a home run choice after Mando, but her direction has been sub par on numerous occasions. 

I think the show has still been good for the most part, but it needs to be great considering the legacy character it’s dealing with.  This isn’t Boba Fett where nobody cares if it’s bad.  

They still have two episodes to make the series great.  I think it’s been a 7.5/10 so far which is fine as long as the last two episodes hit. 

Edited by BuzzCharts

Wtf was this? I liked the first episode but the quality has just stayed stagnant. Do they not have decent writers at Lucasfilm anymore? Lol

This should've been a movie 

I've not clicked with TV Star Wars at all. It's so disappointing. Flickers of good moments and scenes, espcially the emotional Obi-Wan and Leia moments.. and yes I also really like Tala. 

But jesus the action (and overall production quality at times) is just sad. You can see the TV quality all over it. But the worst has got to be the utterly lifeless score, apart from the Obi-Wan theme. Just so bloody generic. 

Part 5 was insane and easily the best episode of the show.  Hopefully it clears up some issues people had in previous episodes. 

This episode was incredible. A shame it is only getting this good when we have only one more episode left.

5 was the best ep by far. Some really thrilling stuff here, but I still can't help but feel the show has missed the mark overall. A couple of annoying plot holes tho that prevent me from loving it tho like:

SPOILERS:

-why did those two storm troopers take Obi Wan back inside away from the army? he could obviously overpower two, he wasn't gonna overpower the whole army + Reva / Vader.

- how did Vader not see the decoy ship when he was pulling the other one out of the sky? would it be like right there?

Edited by WildAmerican

Vader is so badass :flame:

this show has some great moments. it has some really dumb ones tho :doc:

excited for the finale

Yeah this show is just not good to me lol

I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know if it's my favorite but I'm liking what they've done with Reva and I can't wait to see what they do with her for the finale. I'll miss Tala, she was an interesting character but I was expecting her to die at some point in the show. And of course I really liked the flashbacks this episode with Anakin and Obi-Wan. :smitten:

The weakest part of the episode for me is Haja, he is such a lame character. :skull: He seems so forced into the plot, and to be honest I don't think Kumail's a very good actor. It makes me kii how he made such a big deal about being on the show when he's by far the worst character. :toofunny2:

Edited by Jotham

Spoiler

I loved the duel between Vader and Reva. It was so fun to watch. 

Spoiler

Do we think there will be another confrontation of Vader for Obi Wan in the finale? It seems there are a lot to cover in the finale. 

- Reuniting Leia with her family 

- Reva presumably going to Tatooine to get Luke and use him as revenge against Vader 

- The Path subplot

-  Wrapping up the plot with Vader and the inquisitors 

- Wrapping up Obi Wan’s journey to put him on the path of becoming Obi Wan we see in A New Hope 

36 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

I loved the duel between Vader and Reva. It was so fun to watch. 

Hide contents

Do we think there will be another confrontation of Vader for Obi Wan in the finale? It seems there are a lot to cover in the finale. 

- Reuniting Leia with her family 

- Reva presumably going to Tatooine to get Luke and use him as revenge against Vader 

- The Path subplot

-  Wrapping up the plot with Vader and the inquisitors 

- Wrapping up Obi Wan’s journey to put him on the path of becoming Obi Wan we see in A New Hope 

Now that you've mentioned it, there's so much they need to do in the finale. :skull: I just remembered that they need to resolve the Qui-Gon Jinn subplot as well.

I'm expecting one final conflict between Obi-Wan and Vader. At the beginning of the show, I was predicting a final battle between Obi-Wan and Reva, but Vader seems more likely. I wonder if Reva will just end up becoming an antihero.

I’ve enjoyed it so far! I grew up with these characters through the prequel  so my heart skips a beat seeing Obi, Anakin and mentions of Padme! It’s good enough! 

Quality could have been better! Some parts felt too TV.  

I think for New Star Wars overall it’s tough to capture the magic George Lukas brought to Star Wars.   

Last episode really did it for me :jonny:

Spoiler

king Hayden looked amazing in the flashback sequences. It was so good to see him again. 

I love Reva and I hope that she survives and gets more to do in the universe. Her character would be perfect in the Fallen Order sequel tbh

The show just really didn't do it for me, but I loved seeing King Hayden back.

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif

The finale was amazing and I teared up at Vader scene honestly. That being said the finale was the only thing that delivered what I actually wanted and seeing only that episode would be enough. The direction of the entire season was not on a very high level and it could have been so much more.

Loved the finale and really enjoyed the entire season.  All of the characters got proper arcs throughout.  I think a lot of people would have enjoyed it better if it was a one time binge.  Star Wars fans lack patience. 

Obi Wan > Mando S2 > Mando > Book of Boba Fett 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.