Obi-Wan Kenobi | May 27

Billionaire

whoa I wasn't expecting this to be out today. 

It's so interesting to see how traumatized Obi Wan is and how it affects his trust issue. This was a solid episode. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• BuzzCharts

• Jotham

• Terylee

Not really a spoiler but I guess I'll tag it;

The best thing Disney has done for Star Wars is 

Spoiler

actually give the actors glowsticks on set. The lighting whenever anyone ignites a saber since the Disney takeover has been fantastic, and something I wish George used himself.

Really enjoying this show though.

Theory, again not spoilers but I suppose I might as well:

Spoiler

Third Sister is 100% being killed by Vader while helping Obi Wan escape in the finale, right?

27 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Theory, again not spoilers but I suppose I might as well:

Hide contents

Third Sister is 100% being killed by Vader while helping Obi Wan escape in the finale, right?

I think she will be killed by the GI who is obviously not dead.

I was shook when 

Spoiler

Vader killed the kid :rip:

The way he played a cat and mouse game with a scared Obi Wan was so entertaining to watch. Whew Vader wants him to suffer hard. It’s obvious he let Obi Wan go because he was disappointed by how weak and traumatized Obi Wan was. He definitely expected an epic rematch with his old master. Maybe we will get one like that, probably in the last episode. 

44 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Not really a spoiler but I guess I'll tag it;

The best thing Disney has done for Star Wars is 

Hide contents

actually give the actors glowsticks on set. The lighting whenever anyone ignites a saber since the Disney takeover has been fantastic, and something I wish George used himself.

I don’t know if I like that? The lighting of the lightsaber looks odd especially in the dark. I kinda prefer how it was done before.  

Couple thoughts: The symbolism with Vader watching Obi Wan burn to ROTS was great.  He doesn't want to kill him, he wants to make him suffer.  I think the next two episodes will focus on Obi Wan getting his groove back.  He is understandably rusty both mentally and physically.  I don't know why some people were expecting him to be less negative.  He let the entire galaxy down.  Lastly I think Reva will see herself in Leia.  A young child stolen by the empire.  I think this will lead to her eventual turn.  I also think she will be killed by the GI.

Edited by BuzzCharts

That was my favorite episode so far. It was consistently good and none of the scenes felt weak.

I can't believe we're already halfway through the show already. :jonny:

1 hour ago, Broken said:

It's being review bombed on RT and MC. Pathetic.

FUM9dHEWQAgNbyB?format=png&name=small

Why?

The metacritic review bombing is even worse.  Just countless people giving it 1/10 because “rEvA iS sTeALiNg AlL tHe SpOtLiGhT”, or complaining about nitpicks.  I can understand if someone has a problem with the show, there certainly are some.  But when you give it 1 star and then proceed to just give nitpicks, you lose credibility. 

Basically it’s mostly a hit job by the fandom menace crowd. 

Incels…

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:

Why?

A lot of it is due to toxicity toward Reva and young Leia. Plus, Star Wars fans in general will find anything to nitpick about the new show. Just look at r/saltierthancrait and see how they've been reacting to each episode.

Star Wars stans always find something to complain about :ahh:

Wow, what a surprise, Star Wars fans continuing their campaign to be the worst movie fandom. Congrats on their achievements.

So many of these men need to grow up. It's been 42 years since the last time they all agree they enjoyed a movie in the franchise, take the hint and move on already.

Can't wait for more garbage "please like us again!!" shows going forwards since this, the first interesting one, is being trashed. Woo.

ep 3 was amazing

It is pretty good, writing a bit clunky in parts and it has some continuity issues with the wider timeline but that is true of literally every Star Wars project so idk why people are getting up in arms about this other than just the usual Star Wars fanboy racism/misogyny.

And I'm amazed watching it just how stressed out I can be for characters that I all know will survive past the series lmao.

Yeah... the show's REALLY good :wanda:

Everything that happend made sense, there was no way Obi-wan could have fought back, he hasn't trained or used the force for 10 years.

The portrayal of Vader was perfect, he should be scary and have a big presence and they nailed it. :jonny5:

This series has been so good!:jonny5:

EPISODE 3 IS A MOMENT!!!:WAP:

Roman Holiday
On 6/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, Benjamin said:

Wow, what a surprise, Star Wars fans continuing their campaign to be the worst movie fandom. Congrats on their achievements.

So many of these men need to grow up. It's been 42 years since the last time they all agree they enjoyed a movie in the franchise, take the hint and move on already.

Can't wait for more garbage "please like us again!!" shows going forwards since this, the first interesting one, is being trashed. Woo.

This show is literally a nostalgia ploy. What are you ok about it being different or interesting? :rip: 

At least Mando was a refreshing vibe for SW

Another great ep. This is the best of all the shows so far. Vader casually killing that kid was truly a gasp worthy moment. 

This should have been a movie not a TV show.

I enjoyed part 4.  I wish it was about 10 minutes longer though, some things needed fleshed out.  The fandom as usual is nitpicking it to shreds.  

Spoiler

The tomb hallway was so creepy. The dead padawan was sad to see. I can’t imagine how Obi Wan felt seeing his fallen colleagues. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.