Obi-Wan Kenobi | May 27

Billionaire

Omg my favorite character is back ******* :jonny:  the sequels were such trash and BOBF was just mediocre. These first two episodes have me excited about Star Wars again

Little Leia is PERFECT. acts just like Leia and I usually dislike kid actors performances. My only gripe is that forest chase scene :biblio: 

also didn't the grand inquisitor die in rebels? Lol how did they just retcon that 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• BuzzCharts

• Jotham

• Terylee

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

Omg my favorite character is back ******* :jonny:  the sequels were such trash and BOBF was just mediocre. These first two episodes have me excited about Star Wars again

Little Leia is PERFECT. acts just like Leia and I usually dislike kid actors performances. My only gripe is that forest chase scene :biblio: 

also didn't the grand inquisitor die in rebels? Lol how did they just retcon that 

It's Start Wars. Darth Maul was cut in half in TPM and later appeared in Solo.:deadbanana2:

I expected more than this nostalgia borefest. Why reduce Obi-wan to a one dimensional character when you have Ewan McGregor in the titular role?

Spoiler

You are telling me that Obi-Wan hasn't lived anything more interesting outside of being a glorified baby sitter to multiple generations of the Skywalkers?

Also why are the inquisitors even more one dimensional? How bad do you have to be to torture random people for some info when you can read minds? 

6 hours ago, Jagger said:

Yes but REBELS take place after this serie (when Luke and Leia are teens)

A little easter egg: The girl wanting to sell some spices to Obi-Wan is Ewan's real daughter.

im3k0sgjgz191.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

My only complaint so far is…

Spoiler

Nari being killed off screen is lame. They should’ve had a lightsaber duel between Nari and one of the inquisitors. It would’ve been cool to see and it would show how dangerous the inquisitors are. 

The Audience Score on RT... :skull:

The Star Wars fandom is something else, they're already trashing Reva and little Leia.

This has been just fine so far. Not particularly impressed really. But not a disaster. 

4 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

My only complaint so far is…

Reveal hidden contents

Nari being killed off screen is lame. They should’ve had a lightsaber duel between Nari and one of the inquisitors. It would’ve been cool to see and it would show how dangerous the inquisitors are. 

Totally agree. This and the cringe forest chase scene are the only things I didn’t love. 

Aside from that, this is blowing my expectations out of the water! Little Leia is great (and I usually hate kids in tv/books/movies). Her chemistry with Obi-Wan is perfect. Seeing Alderaan was really cool. The Inquistors are badass and the politics between them is really interesting. And I love Reva. 

Im actually looking forward to the next ep, which is not something I ever said about BOBoringFlop.

49 minutes ago, Broken said:

The Star Wars fandom is something else, they're already trashing Reva and little Leia.

I'm scared that Leia's actress will get the Jake Lloyd treatment. :dancehall:

:WAP: Amazing. I agree with the forest scene tho, kinda cringefest. But other than that, great! Way better than Booba Flop. 

The Leia actress did phenomenal.  Anyone trashing her is clueless.  Most of the Reva haters are your usual racist trash that did the same to John Boyega 

Star Wars fans criticize everything while MCU fans just consume and applaud everything :laugh:

Edited by BuzzCharts

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

I'm scared that Leia's actress will get the Jake Lloyd treatment. :dancehall:

They better not…

I liked the first two episodes, my only complaint is that the direction feels a bit clunky and that the world feels a bit empty, though that can be explained by them filming during COVID. The Leia chase scene in Episode 2 was particularly bad, especially with Ewan basically walking behind her and there being multiple moments were he could have obviously caught her.

The rest was pretty good and I really think everyone delivered in the acting department, especially Ewan with the final scenes of Episode 2.

Edited by mystery

So this show is going to explain why Leia named her son after her brothers dead karate teacher she never met, right?

First two were pretty good, wish I held off 5 weeks and watched it all in one go. First Star Wars thing I've watched since Rise and it's not exactly drawn me back in fully, but it's good. Loved the "Previously on Star Wars" section right at the start of EP 1.

.... Also this reinforces my Rey Kenobi dream, but that's long dead now.

Loved the first two episodes! Haven't been that bothered by the other Star Wars series' but this gripped me straight away. Young Leia was fabulous.

This series is off to an infinitely better start than any other Star Wars show was. Sure there are a few scenes that needed a bit more work but overall it was the strongest series premiere of the three live action series so far. 

I really love this show 

There are a lot of imperfection in the direction of this series but damn i love everything prequels related.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.