More influential: Avril vs. Xtina

Prismee

More influential: Avril vs. Xtina  

73 members have voted

1. 1. More influential: Avril vs. Xtina

• Avril
    • Xtina

Avril Lavigne (pop-rock icon, the Anti-Britney, rebellious punk image)

bqojttudcozgt68f_1591679052.jpeg54d9778a-dedf-4c04-9fcf-30eb8eff0a6c-getty-1357179685.jpg?w=1200&h=630&fit=crop&crop=faces&fm=jpg

Christina Aguilera (The voice of her generation, big soaring ballads, Latin pop crossover)

christina-aguilera-demi-lovato.jpgGettyImages-1354120117.jpg

Avril

Xtina was not influental at all really, no shade.

Avril

there’s a reason she has 4 albums stomping on Stripped on Spotify

Being the influence of two of the biggest pop stars of the century x being the influence of Demi Lovato

huh

Avril was very global and everyone wanted to be like her. She influenced many new artists like Olivia and Billie. 

5 years ago, I'd have said Xtina. But nowadays i feel like avrils more influential

Avril influenced many recording artists while Xtina influenced Demi Lovato and many people who oversing on reality tv competitions. There’s a clear winner here. 

Avril tbh.

The only « important » artist Xtina has influenced is… Demi Lovato. 

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Avril tbh.

:ahh:

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Avril tbh.

I find Lady Gaga quite important and she has cited I Turn To You as being her inspiration to build her range as a kid.

Ariana Grande has stated she was influenced by Christina. So has Ava Max, Charli XCX, Selena Gomez, and Dua Lipa. Many female artists have cited her as an influence over the years.

You don’t have to like her or her music. But please stop with this false narrative. 

Still Avril IMHO. But the X-Tina libel statement had to be addressed 

Avril is the only correct answer to this question. She influenced people with her music AND fashion sense. The tie craze anyone? There’s so many people who used to wear ties on top of t-shirts to look like her. :gaycat6:

She was also a breath of fresh air in the pop scene in the early 2000s and was one of the few / only artists that had true crossover potential as a lot of rock lovers also had a soft spot for her, which is why she got to perform at Rock am Ring in 2004.

Christina is also somebody I love, but I don’t think she brought anything new to the table, considering we already had artists like Mariah, Celine and Whitney. 

Edited by Cutthroat

Xtina tbh, let’s act not act the 2010’s pop girlies didn’t worshipped Xtina (literally all of them), Avril only got attention more recently, but her impact is also undeniable.

But I guess Avril influenced non-famous people the most especially in her peak, while Xtina got more admirers in the music industry.

Christina influenced Ariana Grande, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa, Ava Max, and so many other female singers. The list is too long. The OP was trying to be shady though by including a pic with Demi. 

I swear some of yall act like we dont have things on record and proof. 

Edited by Distantconstellation

Xtina is only relevant (and therefore overrated on this delusional forum) in the gay community, outside of that, she was Britney's shadow while Avril had her own massive identity, cultural impact, influence and her music and legacy stood the test of time as her streaming catalog shows and how her new projects can go Top 10 in global markets still

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.