Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022) | RT: 94%, MC: 81 | Out now on Netflix

Broken

Wait, only 600 theaters?? :eek: OK, then I HAVE to go watch it because I have a theater showing it that is literally within walking distance from me.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• fridayteenage

• Lovett

• KFC

I just saw it. I'd say it's on par with the first one.

Is it a theater experience? Meh.

Some people lied to us several times. Easily could've waited for Netflix.

1. Daniel Craig has never been more hot than in this movie. Please sit on my face grandpa :gaycat6:

2. The crazy amounts of cameo are kinda overkill but I'll say most of them landed and got a laugh out of me.

3. I'll say the twist in this one surprised me more but doesn't mean I liked it more. The first one is superior.

4. I think Janelle Monae was miscast and didn't do her role justice.

5. Y'all remember the running gag of everybody givin the nurse a different ethnicity in the first movie. Well the running gag here is more subtle and it's possible that it goes over your head until the end but I spotted it early on and that's why it landed with me.

I'll watch again.

only in 638 theaters. We hear Wednesday was very close to $2M, with the 3-day and 5 day projected out to $8.5M and $12.3M, which is amazing for adult counterprogramming right now. We’ll update you if Netflix reports numbers. If the Rian Johnson directed, Ram Bergman produced whodunnit sequel arrives at the high end, that’s a massive $19,2K theater average and proof adults still want to go to the movies. 

https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-office-wakanda-forever-strange-world-bones-and-all-timothee-chalamet-thanksgiving-1235180803/

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Fewer characters, so everyone gets a lot more space to shine. 

Hide contents

Love how they went from giving away the game early on in the first one to having the murder happen halfway through this time around. 

except the matrix girl and black guy tbh

:rip:

Edited by FunCoric

oohhhh this was really fun! not quite as good as the first, but still was a solid mystery. i don't think this is a must see in theaters tho.

love revisiting the same events in the second act from a new perspective. the endgame with Edward Norton's character was kinda obvious but it was still fun getting there. i was shocked that Janelle Monae was playing twins! and that she ended up going on the trip in place of her sister who had just been killed, woww!

The cast was fun, the alex jones type guy :rip: and kathryn hahn were fun. they kinda wasted leslie odom jr tho. Daniel Craig and Monae were standouts tho!

Edited by WildAmerican

Well, let's wait until December since they're only playing this in the US

• 3 weeks later...

I want to watch it, It looks like fun

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched it on netflix. So good, love the cast especially Janelle.

This was a good watch, I still prefer the first one though. 

At first I was confused with Janelle praise, especially considering the first part, but then I got it later. 

This was such a slay. :jonny5: Janelle Monáe was excellent,  would love for her to score an Oscar nomination. The twists with her role were so good, I hope this sequel gets a Screenplay nomination like the original did. The ending was Chef's kiss like the original. 

Loved Daniel Craig, Kate Hudson, and Edward Norton chewing up the scenery as well. 

This movie is so much fun.

Janelle for supporting actress entered the chat :clap3:

that Hugh Grant’s short cameo as Craig’s roomate / possibly boyfriend :santa:

Edited by harwee

this was really fun! Janelle was fantastic and is absolutely stunning

side note...Kate Hudson should get a role in The White Lotus, I feel like she would fit in perfect 

This was sooo good. I feel like i could watch 10 of these movies and never get bored.

Janelle and Kate Hudson did great :clap3:

Janelle was absolutely delicious in this movie. 

we need a best supporting actress nomination to go with this dress. 

this movie was amazing. i like it more than the first one. janelle was the mvp of this movie. i can't wait for the third one already. 

Love the Agatha Christie influence on this series :clap3:

Loved the aesthetic, it was very camp (Daniel Craig's outfits are a gay boy's dream).

Kate Hudson is a star and that Whiskey girl is so sexy. She looked like prime Britney.

The movie was ok, although a bit slow at some points, I could've done with 30/15 mins less.

The cameos of that random guy were absolutely hilarious lol

4 minutes ago, Auraeolux said:

Would it be a good idea for me to watch Knives Out (for the first time) and then this move back to back?

There's no real continuity or spoilers except that Daniel Craig is in both movies :giraffe: I think the first movie is better. There would be no issues watching it back to back though to have a clear comparison

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.