• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• fridayteenage

• Lovett

• KFC

Netflix is considering releasing some movies in theaters this year with a 45-day window, according to Bloomberg.

After years of back and forth between movie theaters and Netflix, the streaming giant may finally be opening up more to the theatrical experience.

Bloomberg's Lucas Shaw reported on Sunday that Netflix is considering releasing some movies in theaters this year with an exclusive theatrical window of 45 days. That's longer than the window Netflix has typically given the movies it releases in theaters, and more in line with what is emerging as a new windowing standard.

Two of the movies in consideration, according to Bloomberg, are the "Knives Out" sequel and director Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Bardo."

Netflix declined to comment on the Bloomberg report when requested by Insider.

x

Edited by Broken

Ridiculous cast. I certainly hope they release this theatrically, I would see it without hesitation. First one was a ton of fun.

Netflix is so annoying now, should be on Netflix at the same time because maybe some of us don't want to go to theaters.

• ATRL Moderator

They should release it in theaters tbh. The first one grossed over $300m and I could see the sequel doing even better. Would help them to make some of their money back from the purchase too

• ATRL Moderator
27 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

half a bill just for this movie? :deadbanana4:

Two movies. 

Makes total sense yet still ******* stupid. 

I don't know why they don't do this more often. it worked with HBO/WB and Disney+. Also some films are just better to watch on theatres, Knives Out was fun to watch with an audience and hearing the people laugh. 

DO IT. Going to the cinema is my favourite pastime. Watching movies at home just isn’t the same.

I don’t see what’s wrong with this? It’s only a month and a half. 

• ATRL Moderator

I'd honestly rather see it in theaters anyway :jamming:

I will be firmly planted in that seat!

Yes!!! This needed a theatrical release 

• 4 weeks later...

Glass onion? :deadbanana4:

not the ******* Harry Potter font :skull:

The title is giving doughnut hole from the first movie. 

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.