Drag Race Fatigue 2: RuVenge of the Subtitles, The 2023 RuGirls Rate [Drag Race PH]

genetic fail

That was a very entertaining episode :clap3:

Still poorly edited, way too long, and the judges were being annoying, but the girls are killing it!

I don't know if I'm just biased against her, but Xil wasn't that funny to me... 3rd best maybe, but win? And they should've read her more for that outfit.

I would've given the win to Eva. Marina had the best SG, but her runway flopped. Eva was 2nd in SG and had the best look, so for me she won.

Viñas wasn't that bad for me, even with the character switch... I thought Precious was much more boring and one-note.

The bottom 2 was obviously correct though.

I like Brigiding a lot, but she should've gone. Her time is up.

The lipsync was very even, but Minty has done better in the competition and has more to offer. The double save was uneccessary.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• madonnas

• #1Pokpaker

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I think I'm alone in this but I feel the judges and especially Paolo are so mean to the contestants and for no damn reason. Once again they lashed them for a completely ok runway, albeit very safe, and went in with the criticism for some of them to the point it felt personal. I really don't like this aspect of Drag Race Philippines, I hope they tone it down if the show gets renewed for S2.

No, I'm with you on this. To be fair, this runway was pretty dull and they should've served more, but these judges are just super obnoxious and extra for no reason. Especially the main one. It seems like they're feeling the power in their positions too much, but they're not funny or witty, so they just come off as mean and annoying... at least for me lol, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone here. It also never feels like their critiques are constructive. It just sounds like they're trying to be edgy and imitate the US judges, but come off very cliche and unqualified.

Edited by NumbSoul

1 hour ago, NumbSoul said:

Viñas wasn't that bad for me, even with the character switch... I thought Precious was much more boring and one-note.

The bottom 2 was obviously correct though.

I like Brigiding a lot, but she should've gone. Her time is up.

The lipsync was very even, but Minty has done better in the competition and has more to offer. The double save was uneccessary.

Agree with all this but I think Precious’ runway was more put together. Viñas’ ruveal is actually ingenious on paper but the execution and that fabric were bottom-worthy.

And they better not give Brigiding a pity win/high placement just to justify them saving her :shakeno:

Brigiding demolished Minty in the lipsync and the double save was bc they probably want Minty in the final imo. If Minty actually served in the lipsync they would've just sent Brigiding home.

I actually enjoyed the harshness of the judges this ep. My first thought after the runway was 'that's it?' I knew the queens could've done a much better job at a ruveal runway from what we've seen of them and the judges refreshingly called it out right away, you'd never see this in the now very stale and sterilised US seasons

Edited by keerbyriri

Such an entertaining episode 

I loooove looooove looooooove the judges , the criticism is SO on point ( Jiggly is the best of the best im dying everytime she opens her mouth ) .

The moment the runway ended i was thinking the EXACT words Pao said 1 minute later 

The 2 in 1 was a huge fail except Xi's and Eva's 

Im so sorry for Vinas she could do better but for me Precious was worse 

Double santay is unnecessary at this point of the competition,  especially when both queens are not winner material 

I can see Vinas or Marina winning 

17 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

No, I'm with you on this. To be fair, this runway was pretty dull and they should've served more, but these judges are just super obnoxious and extra for no reason. Especially the main one. It seems like they're feeling the power in their positions too much, but they're not funny or witty, so they just come off as mean and annoying... at least for me lol, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone here. It also never feels like their critiques are constructive. It just sounds like they're trying to be edgy and imitate the US judges, but come off very cliche and unqualified.

I completely disagree 

The judges are PERFECT and totally on point 

Being harsh and being mean is 2 different things 

Jiggly is super harsh with the girls but she had so many emotional moments with Turing for example that you could she the love she has for them 

This is not Disney Plus grow up guys . Its a reality competition for drag queens 

Its supposed to be harsh , bitchy and with a lot of drama ( just a glimpse of how it is in real life , exactly how was US Drag Race S1-6) . So far this season is the closest we got to the old season excellence and im living for it 

On 9/15/2022 at 6:53 AM, PopNStuff said:

Still rooting for my girl Viñas, but she really fumbled the bag with the switch. She was doing so well and would have stayed on top, but girl...

21 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I think I'm alone in this but I feel the judges and especially Paolo are so mean to the contestants and for no damn reason. Once again they lashed them for a completely ok runway, albeit very safe, and went in with the criticism for some of them to the point it felt personal. I really don't like this aspect of Drag Race Philippines, I hope they tone it down if the show gets renewed for S2.

My poor girl Viñas set the bar so high they're now reading her for every small detail. If they somehow manage to keep her away from the top 2 I'm gonna riot! 

Gurl the runway was SO bad 

Brigiding's , Marina's and Minty's were a disaster and Vinas entire presentation was a mess . They judges are harsh but not mean . Even the girls knew their runway was bad ( Minty said it in the workroom before and Marina after the criticism.  Well for me Brigiding's runway was the worst . She was just holding the skirt ?????

If you want to see mean criticism,  watch Canada's S1 to see the difference

Until this episode Vinas was my favorite but today i realized she is a bit of a hit and miss on the runway the past few weeks and on the challenges she is trying TOO hard to a point that it comes a bit annoying . I kind of felt what Xi was saying that Vinas was to trying too much to go on top of Xi in the snatch game . Its nice to interact with the others ( watch May West by Alaska ) but you need to let the others breath and it looked like she was interacting ONLY with Xi . Idk i hope we see an improvement from her in the next episodes 

21 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one :chick1:

3 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Gurl the runway was SO bad 

Brigiding's , Marina's and Minty's were a disaster and Vinas entire presentation was a mess . They judges are harsh but not mean . Even the girls knew their runway was bad ( Minty said it in the workroom before and Marina after the criticism.  Well for me Brigiding's runway was the worst . She was just holding the skirt ?????

If you want to see mean criticism,  watch Canada's S1 to see the difference

Until this episode Vinas was my favorite but today i realized she is a bit of a hit and miss on the runway the past few weeks and on the challenges she is trying TOO hard to a point that it comes a bit annoying . I kind of felt what Xi was saying that Vinas was to trying too much to go on top of Xi in the snatch game . Its nice to interact with the others ( watch May West by Alaska ) but you need to let the others breath and it looked like she was interacting ONLY with Xi . Idk i hope we see an improvement from her in the next episodes 

I personally don't see many differences between Philippines and Canada's harsh critiques to be honest. They're both try hard (like they're trying to emulate Michelle's style of judging) and go a little too personal for my liking.

Agreed with Viñas being very hit or miss and trying too much in the last two challenges. I think that's really putting her in a bad position, when she could just do her thing and sail through (which is what Precious is doing).

Edited by Hephaestus

the double shantay being wasted on Brigiding who's been safe, low or bottom for 6 episodes was a choice

the judges were pretty terrible and Jiggly is kind of annoying 

3 hours ago, xrosup said:

Brigiding washed Minty in the lipsync :rip: 

Eh. They both did meh and it could've gone either way

Brigiding washed nothing plsss :rip:  Anyway the critics are COMPLETELY fine. If u wanna watch the judges being nice go watch season 14 or something :skull:

Minty has been serving nothing since week 3 sadly... i feel like she's already peaked. Maybe it's time for her to go next... 

3 hours ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

Minty has been serving nothing since week 3 sadly... i feel like she's already peaked. Maybe it's time for her to go next... 

Next week’s challenge is the ball. Watch her slay the **** out of that again

13 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Next week’s challenge is the ball. Watch her slay the **** out of that again

She better.. otherwise i might have to stan someone else :chick3:

On 9/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, genetic fail said:

Next week’s challenge is the ball

Oh God . I hope SOMEHOW Viñas pulls through . . . But im afraid she will lipsync 

16 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Oh God . I hope SOMEHOW Viñas pulls through . . . But im afraid she will lipsync 

What?! She won the last design challenge. I’m not scared for her.

8 hours ago, genetic fail said:

What?! She won the last design challenge. I’m not scared for her.

Really ? Cause the last 2-3 weeks she is beeing read to filth on the runway for her choices 

2 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Really ? Cause the last 2-3 weeks she is beeing read to filth on the runway for her choices 

they are setting her up for an elimination I fear :gaycat6:

7 minutes ago, Nikko said:

shouldn't the episode be out by now? it's not on my WOW+

In about an hour. They release it at 7AM ET

2 hours ago, Shendelzare said:

they are setting her up for an elimination I fear :gaycat6:

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

We WILL riot if that happens, trust! :fish2:

Or they are setting her up for winning the season 

Almost all winners had a couple of rough episodes at some point through the competition 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.