Eurovision Song Contest 2023 | Loreen does it again!

Queen Conchita

The new system will inadvertently give the juries more power to decide the winner because there will be fewer jury bait songs in the final, which ensures that the available jury points will be divided amongst a smaller number of songs in the top of the list. Songs that are successful with juries will now be able to get a relatively higher percentage of the points because a lot of jury bait will be filtered out in the semis.

It might become easier for televote magnets to qualify, but there will be more of them in the final making it harder for them to get a large percentage of the available televote points. Yes there will be an additional set of televote points thanks to the non-European girlies newfound ability to vote, but that's a very small percentage of the total amount of points.

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• BOOM!

• Fevesy

• Lil Mxnster

• ATRL Moderator

Seemingly a direct response to the awful results from 2022 semis.  We would have had Albania and Cyprus in exchange for Switzerland and Azerbaijan.  A dream me thinks 

On 8/29/2022 at 3:08 AM, Blackthorn said:

By the way I'm obsessed with these entries lately :

So the NQs in this post would have qualified under the new rule... Interesting. :skull:

4 minutes ago, Flomik said:

anyone watching Junior Eurovision? who are your faves?

No

6 hours ago, Flomik said:

Nope! 

1 hour ago, Blackthorn said:

Tone :clap3:

Jon Henrik + Twinks :clap3:

Wiktoria :clap3:

Eva + Ewa :clap3:

Victor Crone :deadbanana4:

Interested in what Loulou and Eden bring as well.

18 hours ago, Blackthorn said:

Heat 3 and 4 seem more promising. Heat 4 is really competitive though. 

Heat 3:

Marcus & Martinus - Air 

Melanie Wehbe - For The Show 

Ida-Lova - Låt Hela Stan Se På 

Paul Rey - Royals 

Nordman - Släpp Alla Sorger 

Laurell - Sober 

Casanovas - Så Kommer Känslorna Tillbaka 

Heat 4:

Signe & Hjördis - Edelweiss 

Axel Schylström - Gorgeous 

Emil Henrohn - Mera Mera Mera 

Mariette - One Day 

Smash Into Pieces - Six Feet Under 

Loreen - Tattoo 

Kiana - Where Did You Go

I personally think the 2023 lineup is better than this year's and that says a lot. This year's lineup was their flop era, Kari learned from this year and didn't play (based on the names). ESC stans want a Loreen victory so bad (I want this too), but I reached the point where I am more fine and content with a Mariette victory (depending on her song because she delivers something like Time to Spare/Don't Kill My Vibe, it would be fine). After all, a Wiktoria victory after a while would be cool. I wouldn't underestimate Ida-Lova, Wiktoria, LouLou, Melanie Wehbe for the running either. Some of these are new, but I heard Kiana is from Talang (Sweden's Got Talent). Also, take this with the grain of salt, but based on the names it seems promising. Marcus & Martinus being in this is so surprising to me. 

18 hours ago, Gogetonthebus said:

Tone :clap3:

Jon Henrik + Twinks :clap3:

Wiktoria :clap3:

Eva + Ewa :clap3:

Victor Crone :deadbanana4:

Interested in what Loulou and Eden bring as well.

Glad to see Eva and Ewa back and Wiktoria too. ****, I didn't realize she's back too. I mean Wiktoria has been trying for a while, so we will see.

Agreed. I feel Victor Crone already ran his course, but I remember these artists just do Melfest for visibility, record label or whatnot - winning it is just the cherry on top. But I already can visualize his song already. 

6 hours ago, Mellark said:

Heat 3 and 4 seem more promising. Heat 4 is really competitive though. 

Hide contents

Heat 3:

Marcus & Martinus - Air 

Melanie Wehbe - For The Show 

Ida-Lova - Låt Hela Stan Se På 

Paul Rey - Royals 

Nordman - Släpp Alla Sorger 

Laurell - Sober 

Casanovas - Så Kommer Känslorna Tillbaka 

Heat 4:

Signe & Hjördis - Edelweiss 

Axel Schylström - Gorgeous 

Emil Henrohn - Mera Mera Mera 

Mariette - One Day 

Smash Into Pieces - Six Feet Under 

Loreen - Tattoo 

Kiana - Where Did You Go

No Carola, Jessica, Charlotte... Tone is the schlager torchbearer this year:clap3:A new generation rises.

Cazzi Opeia is credited on Loreen's song. I sense a SMASH

On 11/27/2022 at 11:36 PM, Flomik said:

I'm a big fan of Ukraine, United Kingdom, Ireland and Georgia! The rest are kinda middle-of-the-road but we don't have a single bad song this year! :heart:

Vidbir is going to be MOISEI vs KRUTЬ vs Jerry Heil

the rest are either absolutely mediocre or great but more oriented for the local market like Fiinka

(OY Sound System is A TOTAL SERVE though but the public will not be ready for this conversation and it will get robbed sadly like it happened to Katya Chilly)

On 12/1/2022 at 11:50 AM, nasa said:

WE HAVE A WINNER

I'm sorry but this is horrid :skull: the wannabe Fifth Element opera singing, the clearly political lyrics..? oof 

KRUTЬ>>> 

but whatever Ukraine sends it would inevitably win the whole thing :zzz: thank you Ukraine for ruining the contest

7 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

I'm sorry but this is horrid :skull: the wannabe Fifth Element opera singing, the clearly political lyrics..? oof 

KRUTЬ>>> 

but whatever Ukraine sends it would inevitably win the whole thing :zzz: thank you Ukraine for ruining the contest

Why are you blaming Ukraine for something we don't have influence over :deadbanana4: Are we supposed to not send anyone ever now? Anyway, that said, second win won't be happening.

Vidbir is between Jerry and Fiinka

Edited by nasa

I was looking forward to EMA but oh well, they seem to be a pretty cool act so good for them!  

just saw all the JESC rehearsal clips and I didn't love a single snippet :rip:

it's going to be between Armenia and United Kingdom but my personal standouts are Serbia and Georgia 

Edited by Flomik

gurl the JESC winner :rip:

Armenia served a working stage, beautiful postcards and this wonderful performance

t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶

Italy was ended today :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.