Buffalo shooter sentenced to life without parole, man rushes at suspect in hearing

Espresso

10 people is murdered in USA and this thread is so empty wow so disgusting and so sad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• QueenBeyoncé

• Letemtalk

• AlanRickman1946

White supremacists are terrorists and the GOP are actively radicalizing more everyday

Alarming how certain websites are almost without expectation mentioned in these kind of disturbing incidents and they're still up and running without any regulations. 

Free speech and all that, but come on, it's clear that they're largely part of the problem. Idk what you can do about it though. 

Lots of blame to go around after the perpetrator I’ve been thinking about. In this order.

1) Republicans in Congress for letting the 2004 assault weapons ban expire and sucking up to the NRA

2) Republican voters according to polling for whom a majority believe, agree with and propagate the great replacement theory

3) The NRA

4) Dems in Congress for not fighting hard enough via executive action/ads/etc. or capitulating during primary season to those candidates that are lax on gun reform to prioritize other issues

5) The suspect’s family after the initial high school threat for not monitoring him more closely

6) Local authorities after the initial threat for not monitoring him more closely

7) Rupert Murdoch (whose father was a eugenicist in Australia) and son Lachlan for proudly endorsing the great replacement theory

8) The biggest current white nationalist in the country, Tucker Carlson

9) Elon Musk who wants to give the white nationalists sending death threats free reign on his upcoming platform

10) The moderators of sites such as 4Chan for not reigning in this speech

3 hours ago, Afferty said:

10 people is murdered in USA and this thread is so empty wow so disgusting and so sad

it's become such a regular occurrence that it doesn't phase people anymore.

4 hours ago, Afferty said:

Are you aware of how many mass shootings that godforsaken country produces every other day? There's been 198 in 2022 alone, including this one.

Don't act brand new, blame the US government and its gun crazy population. Not us. :skull:

51 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Are you aware of how many mass shootings that godforsaken country produces every other day? There's been 198 in 2022 alone, including this one.

Don't act brand new, blame the US government and its gun crazy population. Not us. :skull:

Umm dont you live in Berlin :rip: I know there's been plenty but people shouldnt become apathic about these, 10 civillians are murdered in a racist terror attack  I mean this should be much more bigger issue than a lot of other subjects :deadbanana: even turkish forums have more discussion about this than this website :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, Afferty said:

Umm dont you live in Berlin :rip: I know there's been plenty but people shouldn't become apathetic about these, 10 civilians are murdered in a racist terror attack  I mean this should be much more bigger issue than a lot of other subjects :deadbanana: even turkish forums have more discussion about this than this website :deadbanana:

The largely less trafficked Civics section of a moderate-to-minimally trafficked (mostly) pop music/pop culture forum is not the best indicator for an entire country of millions, where it's largely not apathy but hopelessness because nothing can change because of those currently in power and those likely to return to power :coffee2: 

It's also not novel or surprising because there are not just quote-on-quote "normal" shootings regularly anymore but specifically hate-crime mass shootings targeting minorities that have increased in regularity in this country including Charleston. 

Most conversations around mass shootings in general (defined as I believe 4+ deaths in a single incident) died permanently after Newtown. 

Apathy isn't the right word to apply to most consistent visitors to this section of the forum given the above context - if you want to apply it to those who don't vote at all and/or vote third-party/write-in here or nationally, that's a dead horse conversation that is constantly revisited in the US Politics thread. 

Hope I addressed your points.

"Everyone is WOKE, and we're tired of IT" people like Elon Musk are responsible for this. 

This is absolutely ridiculous I can't find words to express my disgust... you see stuff like this, you'll never be able to tell me black people aren't the most hated, least cared for and marginalized people on the planet. We can't even shop in our own communities! What is wrong? I'm numb. Completely. 

6 hours ago, Daddy said:

Thats bullsh*t and stop spreading that "mass shooting, 3-4 person bs" that's propaganda to hide how many white lunatics are carrying out actual mass shootings.

I’ve ran out of words. I know this will already be the same cycle of people saying thoughts & prayers, the shooter being discussed in the media, republicans and democrats having arguments that lead to absolutely nowhere & no reform, & then the cycle repeats.

I have absolutely no faith in America anymore. We are idiots. 

I’m truly sorry to all the victims & families. Your country failed you & you deserved better. 

11 hours ago, Afferty said:

Umm dont you live in Berlin :rip: I know there's been plenty but people shouldnt become apathic about these, 10 civillians are murdered in a racist terror attack  I mean this should be much more bigger issue than a lot of other subjects :deadbanana: even turkish forums have more discussion about this than this website :deadbanana:

ATRL had its fair share of threads and discussions about mass shootings over the last decade. Hundreds and thousands of pages. We're tired and there's nothing more to say than GUN CONTROL. 

6 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Thats bullsh*t and stop spreading that "mass shooting, 3-4 person bs" that's propaganda to hide how many white lunatics are carrying out actual mass shootings.

I... don't see the connection between your and my comment. Where did I mention race? What does "3-4 person bs" mean? 

I'm very aware that white supremacy terrorism is the problem here, like.... huh?

Anyway, R.I.P to the victims. Those were good people and I hope the devil rots in prison.

There are multiple problems here and most people in America should know the solution by now, or at least a major part of the solution, but they don't want to do anything. Joe Biden will travel to Buffalo to offer his thoughts and prayers and maybe he will make a nice speech, but he will change nothing.

There is no real mystery here. People tend not to carry out these sort of attacks with a bolt action rifle, especially not the sort of attacks where they are reasonably close to their victims, because with a bolt-action rifle, once they kill the first 1-2 people, they are likely to get overpowered and beaten to a pulp while they're reloading.

In one posting, Gendron admitted to illegally modifying the weapon in another way. He wrote that he used his father’s power drill to remove a state-mandated lock that prevented the attachment of magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

New York state law bans the use of high-capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds. Gendron wrote that he wanted to use 30-round magazines during the massacre so he didn’t have to reload.

A semiautomatic rifle can fire as fast as the shooter can pull the trigger. In a live-streamed video that the suspect posted online, he shoots his first victims quickly outside before moving into the store to fire on others, appearing to empty his magazine after about 30 shots. The entire sequence, from initial shots to the reload, is about 20 seconds.

The Bushmaster XM-15 is the same model rifle that was used in two other notorious mass shootings: the 2002 D.C. sniper case, in which two gunmen killed 10 people at random during a month-long spree of terror in the Washington region; and the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Square, Conn., during which a lone gunman killed 20 first-graders and six staff members.

source

I know most of us are desensitized to racist violence and mass shootings but it's just so maddening and upsetting. He was so determined and the police literally knew that he said he would do it yet it was never prevented.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:56 PM, QueenBeyoncé said:

Suspect still alive? he must be white ?

Apprehended without a scratch but we all know how it goes. 

The fact that they talked about this shooting and another two on the news today, and the USA still thinks owning guns is some kind of flex :rip:

Watching CNN is so heartbreaking right now.  They're interviewing victim's families and reliving the horror.  Even the anchors are getting emotional. :weeps:

It's so maddening that this person murdered a bunch of sweet innocent people solely because of their skin color. 

As a Canadian, I think this is the closest a shooting like this has taken place to where I live :mazen:

10 hours ago, Аshanti said:

Apprehended without a scratch but we all know how it goes. 

He was wearing body armor. The store security guard shot him multiple times and it barely slowed him down.

There's no way I can watch the videos, but I've been reading people's reactions to it and it's just... Supposedly there's a part in the video/stream where he comes across a white guy hiding behind a cash register and he apologizes to the guy and then walks away. There's another part where there were two people pretending to be dead and he shot them in the head anyways.

IDK what kind of punishment would be acceptable, but I know not even death will do justice.

Huh, people said the racist talking points would not invoke public acts of violence against minorities?

Republicans routinely demonstrate a disgust for human life and a disregard for the existence of any nation that isn't nazi germany. They use their little soft headed "lone wolves" to instill terror in the lives of their enemies. Treat them like the threat to peace that they are.

Put this pig under the jail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.