Jump to content
July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Rock and Alternative Rock Music Discussion Thread

240 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

omg, I wanted to make a thread, but I would add "Pop Rock" instead of just rock :sistrens: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

omg, I wanted to make a thread, but I would add "Pop Rock" instead of just rock :sistrens: 

Pop Rock and Pop Punk deserve their own thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fentydelspears said:

Pop Rock and Pop Punk deserve their own thread!

gworl, I don't want to make a special thread just to discuss Avril, P!nk, Shakira and Kelly Clarkson. I want to discuss it here with Twenty One Pilots, Nirvana, Alanis Morrisette, Sheryl Crow and Jewel :weeps: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

omg, I wanted to make a thread, but I would add "Pop Rock" instead of just rock :sistrens: 

make a pop punk / post-core / pop rock thread sis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metal lovers are allowed here too?  because so many amazing albums being released <3 by Issues, I See Stars, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

gworl, I don't want to make a special thread just to discuss Avril, P!nk, Shakira and Kelly Clarkson. I want to discuss it here with Twenty One Pilots, Nirvana, Alanis Morrisette, Sheryl Crow and Jewel :weeps: 

Most of these artists have nothing to deal with Pop Rock, tho. :skull:

 

I want a place to talk about Cute Is What We Aim For, The Academy Is..., Taking Back Sunday,... :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

y'all are so pop-rockphobic! :biblio:

the fact that songs which have "rock" element in it's genre is enough to be discussed here! Y'all are just gonna let this thread flop since ATRL doesn't have much rock fans to begin with, why exclude those that like whichever rock genre they like? :biblio: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

y'all are so pop-rockphobic! :biblio:

the fact that songs which have "rock" element in it's genre is enough to be discussed here! Y'all are just gonna let this thread flop since ATRL doesn't have much rock fans to begin with, why exclude those that like whichever rock genre they like? :biblio: 

Girl, Pop Rock is completely different from Rock or Alternative Rock. You can't just talk about The Rolling Stones in the same place where you talk about 5 Seconds of Summer. :biblio:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fentydelspears said:

Girl, Pop Rock is completely different from Rock or Alternative Rock. You can't just talk about The Rolling Stones in the same place where you talk about 5 Seconds of Summer. :biblio:

umm.. why not? Who are you to tell me what's rock and what isn't? They have real instrumentals in their music, so it's rock.

ZyBpUJJ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pop Rock was huge, it just deserves its own thread. There was a lot of pop rock acts selling million.

 

And Rock was bigger than Pop Rock for sure, we are allowed to have more space!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

Be My Escape by Relient K is a brilliant Pop Punk masterpiece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Fentydelspears said:

Pop Rock was huge, it just deserves its own thread. There was a lot of pop rock acts selling million.

 

And Rock was bigger than Pop Rock for sure, we are allowed to have more space!

but I wanna talk about pop rock AND alternative rock. Ain't nobody got time for old classic rock mess. This thread should replace Alt. Rock with metal and have Alt. Rock be with Pop Rock/Punk music tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fentydelspears said:

^

Be My Escape by Relient K is a brilliant Pop Punk masterpiece

Yes! Mmhmm album in its entirety is a masterpiece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RadioactiveLights said:

I've been enjoying Muse's Drones album lately.

A cute album, indeed. I love Dead Inside, Psycho, and The Handler. Revolt is also really underrated! Their best is obvs Origin of Symmetry, though. :o  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and Metalcore is much different to alternative and modern rock too :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Alternative Rock lmao. Just alternative would be fine lol. I say it because there's plenty of great artists that get paid dust because they don't have a vagina but that don't really quite fit into the rock label

 

 

The ones who do and are slaying right now are:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are Indie sis Indie/ Alternative are different to Alternative Rock.

 

Rock, Indie, Alternative Pop, Alternative Rock, Pop Punk, Punk, Punk Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal , Metalcore, Post Hardcore, Trash Metal, Grunge, Black Metal

 

I can go on.

but yeah I guess this thread is my alternative rock and pop... I mean where do i discuss Kerli? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites