Chlöe - 'Chlöe'

EarStyle

Chloe-Allure-JuneJuly2022-Cover-14.jpg

Debut album from Chlöe is self-titled confirmed in her new June/July cover story in Allure Magazine.

https://www.allure.com/story/chloe-bailey-cover-interview-june-july-2022

Confirmed album tracks:

For The Night

Surprise

Cheat Back

Have Mercy

Treat Me

Happy

Edited by EarStyle

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EarStyle

• 99sandthe2000s

• Devin

• X~MoviePoP

Chlöe hopes that you’ll get to know her a little better through her album. Working on it was therapy. The isolation of the pandemic was hard on her, as it was for many of us, and for Chlöe it was exacerbated by a six-month separation from Halle, her sister and best friend, who was stuck in London and unable to return to the States. It was one of the longest periods they’d ever been apart and Chlöe found herself suffering from separation anxiety. “Music saved me,” she recalls. “I was at a low moment where I felt lost, like I didn’t have any sense of who I was.” She’s been careful to select tracks that will help her strike the right balance of strength, vulnerability, and naked honesty on the album. “In the beginning you can tell that [the person] who is singing is like a bird with broken wings. As time went on, you can hear me finding my strength and confidence. I didn’t want to lose that story as I pieced the [songs] together.”

Ultimately, Chlöe says she wants to get across a message of anti-perfection: “We’re not all supposed to be perfect, like bad ***** and confident all the time. We have different layers, ebbs and flows to our lives. It would be completely unfair for me to portray myself to the world like I have no problems. Because I do.”

Sis you need to change the tag to music news before mods close this since it has no release date yet

• ATRL Moderator

Oh wow 

it better come this year

I really feel like she's going to get her Cancer Season release in July. 

June/July cover story, She's a cancer, her album "feels like Summer"...

a couple more droplets and bam we're eating. 

Just now, EarStyle said:

My pronouns are right there. Will do. 

I'm sorry. I used "sis" as gender neutral but won't do it again

the singles haven't really stuck for me but I know she's about to deliver on these albums tracks :twirl:

19 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

My pronouns are right there. Will do. 

On mobile you can't see the pronouns directly. Next time instead of saying something like “my pronouns are right there” directly say your pronouns please so people can learn as you want.

OT: I'm so excited and I never thought it might be a self titled for some reason :jonny:

I’m so excited! She has so much potential

5 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I’m so excited! She has so much potential

20 minutes ago, raven said:

the singles haven't really stuck for me but I know she's about to deliver on these albums tracks :twirl:

I'm one of the few that actually don't mind the singles. I love that she's delivering sounds that aren't really fitting in with what's on radio and she's giving us uptempos in the R&B/Pop space. I honestly feel like the album will be next level and really capture the sounds and vibes that people want that may not like the singles. 

I hate Self-Titled debut albums 

2 minutes ago, IvysPartition said:

I hate Self-Titled debut albums 

10 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I dont like debut albums as self titles. 

I think it'll work in her favor for the people that are half-invested. It'll make it nice and simple for this group of consumers that have such a short and limited attention span. They'll see it and be like "oh thats the album from the girl that is always trending" or "oh thats the one sister's solo album" 

Makes it really simple for a simple generation of music listeners lol. 

I also think it works because it's really a statement for her vs. everyone that wants her to make a certain sound or do what she did with her sister. No THIS IS CHLOE.

Edited by EarStyle

With the current song lengths even with 14 or so songs...it's going to be like 30 minutes max lol. 

Just now, YR. said:

Love it. THAT'S CHLOE 

You get it. 

I’m excited, super talented as a singer, performer and producer. Can’t wait to see what she dishes out!

MadonnasBoyfriend

She looks just like Lauren Hill on the cover. That pose is odd tho.