Golden Hit: Season 1 πŸ“€ Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! πŸ†πŸ†

fountain

20 minutes ago, fountain said:

I’m afraid the code may have been crackedΒ :biblionny:

Β 

Bare in mind though a track 7 doesn’t mean you literally got a 7. It’s anywhere between 7-7.9

Hope you gave me a 8.9Β 

sG0sS1x.gifΒ i actually sold my soul myself for this challenge and aurora probaly gave me a 5-6 so it better be closer to 9Β 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, fountain said:

Tbh though anything 7 is still good, in previous songwriting games I was throwing around 5’s like garden metaphors in your song

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

harsh king!

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

Β 

At least y'all are getting scores, I haven't had a song scored since 2017.

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

Next round?Β :giraffe:

42 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

we don’t even have all the reviews for this round yet! but love the enthusiasm Β :supaspaz:

i'm not searching up my score i don't want to be spoiled!!!!!!!!!!!! no spoilers in this household!!!!

excited for next round x maybe Aurora will finally like and praise a song by me, I hate her already xΒ 

sG0sS1x.gif

4 hours ago, Jackson said:

we don’t even have all the reviews for this round yet! but love the enthusiasm Β :supaspaz:

I’ve posted like 5 times that the new challenge is coming today and the results will be tomorrow

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

10 minutes ago, fountain said:

I’ve posted like 5 times that the new challenge is coming today and the results will be tomorrow

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

i did see your name in my mentions a few times

Β 

sG0sS1x.gif

Β 

i'm just trying to be patient and thankful, scratch that baby i'm grateful i fear

6 hours ago, Prisoner said:

Within the hour, I fear! Love the enthusiasm.

Β 

fountain and I are alternating challenges (with Element helping out when he can too) so on my weeks, new challenges are likely to be revealed on Saturday evenings, since it’s early Sunday morning for me. That said, it will always be posted >5 days before its respective deadline.

Β unknown.png

Β 

Welcome, writers! Round 2 was another glorious success for ATRL's newest songwriting tournament,Β Golden Hit.

Losing only four contestants since our debut (with some planning to submit in later rounds) was relieving to see.

While results for Round 2 will be revealed in a little under 24 hours, our challenge schedule remains unchanged!

Β 

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the third round of the season...

unknown.png

Β 

This is a brand new challenge for Golden Hit, being the reimagined antithesis of some classic past writing tournament challenges, and further inspired by a certain US Billboard Hot 100 #1 single that was released toward the end of last year. Challenges such as theΒ Twitter ChallengeΒ or theΒ Intros and Interludes ChallengeΒ of the past called for writers to limit their word count or section count in order to make the most of a small amount of lyrics. With this challenge, we're looking for the exact opposite! In short, the challenge is to write a submission with a minimum of 500 words. Songs like "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" by Taylor Swift and "Happier Than Ever" by Billie Eilish were some of the biggest songs of 2021, and were much longer than your typical 2-minute Spotify or Apple Music playlist filler, proving that longer forms of music can be equally as successful.

Β 

Now, this may sound like a lot (or not that much depending on your writing style) but we do have an additional requirement: repeating sections are allowed in this challenge, but only the first three instances of a repeat will count toward your word count. That is to say, if you have four identical repetitions of a chorus throughout your song, only the first three will count toward your goal of 500 words. Should your choruses be drastically different besides a general vibe or motif (such as in "All Too Well"), this stipulation may not apply. Remember to utilise all of the many structural elements of a song you canβ€”intros, outros, verses, pre-choruses, choruses, post-choruses, refrains, hooks, bridges, middle eights, A-sections and B-sections etc. While we are asking for longer form songs, we still want the focus to be on great quality lyricism and not a bunch of filler sections and/or repetitions to fill up the word count.

Β 

Judge's Tips

πŸ“€ The extended song length should allow you to really delve into the details of whatever song you write. Turn this word count into an advantage!

πŸ“€Β Play with multiple different sections and song structures you may not have used before. A simple verse-chorus structure might not work here.

πŸ“€Β Conceptualising where you want the song to begin and end and mapping out how you want your song to progress might assist your process.

Β 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Jun 2, 11:59PM EST

Β 

fountain and I reviewed our own past works while conceptualising this challenge, and some of our longer entries are in the 800–1,200 word range. "ATW10MVTVFTV" itself is about 1,000 words, so 500 is giving you a lot of room to breathe. Hopefully this is appreciated and used to your advantage! The top three submissions will earn their writers aΒ Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not submitted during Golden Hit thus far, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Β 

unknown.png

12 hours ago, fountain said:

Here’s some hinty hints for my score ranges:

Β 

1. @DatChickDoe - Amy Winehouse, Tears Dry On Their Own

2. @HugΒ - Amy Winehouse, (There Is) No Greater Love

3. @Better Mistakes - Baby Queen, NarcissistΒ 

4. @hurricane326 - The Cocteau Twins, Fotzepolitic

5. @Julia FoxΒ - dumblonde, Yellow Canary

6. @Euterpe - Fleetwood Mac, I Don’t Want To Know

7. @OreGuy - Florence + the Machine, Lover to Lover

8. @boubourΒ - iamamiwhoami, tap your glass

9. @GentleDance - iamamiwhoami, ; johnΒ 

10. @EpicSongFan - iamamiwhoami, kill

11. @Arrows - ionnalee, Dunes of Sand

12. @RemmyΒ - ionnalee, CRYSTAL

13. @RobDeWittBukater - IZ*ONE, SPACESHIP

14. @Legend E - The Japanese House, somethingfartoogoodtofeel

15. @Jackson - Jackson Reid, Dissonant Rhythm, multiplied by two

16. @Augmented - Kate Bush, Under Ice

17. @Jessie - Kesha, Finding You

18. @TylerbvΒ - Kylie Minogue, Last Chance

19. @Insanity - Lights, Jaws

20. @mxtthewdelreyΒ - M.I.A, Exodus

21. @Achilles. - Maggie Rogers, Say It

22. @TruGemini - Novo Amor, Keep Me

23.Β @β˜†lexΒ Β - Perfume Genius, Wreath

24. @Lorenzo22Β - Phoebe Bridgers, Killer

25. @D e v o nΒ - Porter Robinson, Wind Tempos

26. @JoeAg - Ryn Weaver, Travelling Song

27. @Prisoner - Sky Ferreira, You’re Not The One

28. @8thPrince - Soccer Mommy, LucyΒ 

You gave me… a six? Did I get it right?

14 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

I've had something to write about pent up for days, I'll get to it now!

This sounds like a great way to start! Definitely make sure to utilise the word count and time to get all of those little details across. :heart:

Β 

11 minutes ago, fountain said:

Amazing challenge :smitten::smitten2:

We're masochists, I fear... reviewing 20+ songs at 500 words or greater... no words. Our book review era. :celestial5:

Β 

But on a more serious note, this is probably going to be the "hardest" challenge for most of you in this tournament I would say. The back end of the tournament is a lot of fun and allows for plenty of flexibility and choice. We wanted at least one structural/technical based challenge in this tournament, and instead of repeating the Twitter challenge (which was considered), we decided to go for something completely opposite seeing as we don't want to limit your creativity at all, but encourage it to flourish. And seeing many shorter form songs this season thus far, I think it'll be a great way to push many of you should you choose to submit!

• ATRL Moderator

omg this is hard but cute!

So we need to do a totally new song who has to be longer? Or do we have to make a song that already exists longer?

Just now, Julia Fox said:

So we need to do a totally new song who has to be longer? Or do we have to make a song that already exists longer?

New song, and that goes for every round too

• ATRL Moderator

i may submit something i already have :keir:Β 

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

We're masochists, I fear... reviewing 20+ songs at 500 words or greater... no words. Our book review era. :celestial5:

Β 

But on a more serious note, this is probably going to be the "hardest" challenge for most of you in this tournament I would say. The back end of the tournament is a lot of fun and allows for plenty of flexibility and choice. We wanted at least one structural/technical based challenge in this tournament, and instead of repeating the Twitter challenge (which was considered), we decided to go for something completely opposite seeing as we don't want to limit your creativity at all, but encourage it to flourish. And seeing many shorter form songs this season thus far, I think it'll be a great way to push many of you should you choose to submit!

I definitely think it’s easy to look at the challenge and think β€œoh, 500 words? This is going to be too hard” but a key part of this challenge is that you can write about WHATEVER you want. There are no limitations at all and your creativity can truly fly, we just want it to be at a decent length! I hope the challenge can be looked at more in this way as opposed to just β€œlong and hard” *insert filthy pun*

I may or may not also be planning to post hints at some point (once I finalise my scores n).

31 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Β unknown.png

Β 

Welcome, writers! Round 2 was another glorious success for ATRL's newest songwriting tournament,Β Golden Hit.

Losing only four contestants since our debut (with some planning to submit in later rounds) was relieving to see.

While results for Round 2 will be revealed in a little under 24 hours, our challenge schedule remains unchanged!

Β 

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the third round of the season...

unknown.png

Β 

This is a brand new challenge for Golden Hit, being the reimagined antithesis of some classic past writing tournament challenges, and further inspired by a certain US Billboard Hot 100 #1 single that was released toward the end of last year. Challenges such as theΒ Twitter ChallengeΒ or theΒ Intros and Interludes ChallengeΒ of the past called for writers to limit their word count or section count in order to make the most of a small amount of lyrics. With this challenge, we're looking for the exact opposite! In short, the challenge is to write a submission with a minimum of 500 words. Songs like "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" by Taylor Swift and "Happier Than Ever" by Billie Eilish were some of the biggest songs of 2021, and were much longer than your typical 2-minute Spotify or Apple Music playlist filler, proving that longer forms of music can be equally as successful.

Β 

Now, this may sound like a lot (or not that much depending on your writing style) but we do have an additional requirement: repeating sections are allowed in this challenge, but only the first three instances of a repeat will count toward your word count. That is to say, if you have four identical repetitions of a chorus throughout your song, only the first three will count toward your goal of 500 words. Should your choruses be drastically different besides a general vibe or motif (such as in "All Too Well"), this stipulation may not apply. Remember to utilise all of the many structural elements of a song you canβ€”intros, outros, verses, pre-choruses, choruses, post-choruses, refrains, hooks, bridges, middle eights, A-sections and B-sections etc. While we are asking for longer form songs, we still want the focus to be on great quality lyricism and not a bunch of filler sections and/or repetitions to fill up the word count.

Β 

Judge's Tips

?Β The extended song length should allow you to really delve into the details of whatever song you write. Turn this word count into an advantage!

?Β Play with multiple different sections and song structures you may not have used before. A simple verse-chorus structure might not work here.

?Β Conceptualising where you want the song to begin and end and mapping out how you want your song to progress might assist your process.

Β 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Jun 2, 11:59PM EST

Β 

fountain and I reviewed our own past works while conceptualising this challenge, and some of our longer entries are in the 800–1,200 word range. "ATW10MVTVFTV" itself is about 1,000 words, so 500 is giving you a lot of room to breathe. Hopefully this is appreciated and used to your advantage! The top three submissions will earn their writers aΒ Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not submitted during Golden Hit thus far, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Β 

unknown.png

Repost for page 67! (2/3 of the way to 100 already? Y'all are really slaying this mini-season huh?) :1stplace:

can i do a double entry where the songs are related and transition to each other i.e. A Sinner’s Prayer/Fuccubus?Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.