Golden Hit: Season 1 πŸ“€ Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! πŸ†πŸ†

fountain

2 hours ago, Remmy said:

face-with-one-eyebrow-raised_1f928.png

Β 

Β 

Β  Hide contents

oop I didn't know accent marks could be put in usernames. nobody popped up with that one so either I typed it wrong or that's not the oneΒ 

:gaycat3:

Β 

Spoiler

Okay wait, it’s LeeŁËË actually :rip:

Β 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

maybe this is a good opportunity to rihveal that the meter for DEEPFAKE was mostly just NDA by Billie Eilish :gaycat3:Β  but tbh meter is such a common thing it’s not even really a sampleΒ 

Hack! Retroactively giving your #1 to 8thPrince instead. :tsk:

Β 

Lemme doing tokens now. Sorry for the delay folks, my new work schedule has been killing me and this is my only day free this week and I have to do everything including my portion of the GH finale prep! We are going ✈️ busy.

Really disappointed in myself for not being able to even come up with a single verse right now… I’ll see if anything jolts my brain over the next few hours tho but it’s not looking likelyΒ 

14 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Really disappointed in myself for not being able to even come up with a single verse right now… I’ll see if anything jolts my brain over the next few hours tho but it’s not looking likelyΒ 

We’re planning on extending the deadline so don’t worry about it! We’re going to update with the new deadline soon :heart:

Feeling a bit scatter brained. Keep coming up with entirely unrelated lyrics that never develop beyond a verse at most. Nothing is sticking.Β 

a lil 2 day extension would be great methinks :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Β  Hide contents

Okay wait, it’s LeeŁËË actually :rip:

Β 

:fan:Β alright got & accepted your friend request

Man, whoever the one person that actually had a concept in mind and knocked it out of the park is cackling to themselves at the free win they just got

• ATRL Moderator

When would the new deadline be?

15 minutes ago, Legend E said:

When would the new deadline be?

they’re waiting for the deadline to pass to say they’re closing submissions :tsk:Β 

Β 

i see you judges trying to just score the 4 entries in so farΒ 

unknown.png

πŸ“€ Important Announcement πŸ“€

Β 

Hey, Hitmakers! In the final hours of Round 6'sΒ All or NothingΒ challenge, the deadline has been extended untilΒ Mon. Jun 27, 11:59PM EST.

Seeing as this is the final ofΒ Golden Hit Season 1Β we want to encourage as many of you as possible to submit, so enjoy this extra time! :party:

If you'veΒ only just discovered Golden Hit orΒ simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still openβ€”just submit!
Β 

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Judge's Choice challenge(s) with their bonus prizes: theΒ Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trioΒ quartet of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests forΒ embossment.

Β 

:matty:

Β 

Celebrating a third place triumph with β€œLost”:

Avatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Augmented.png

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Dr. Who (as portrayed by Matt Smith). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Also celebrating a third place triumph with β€œMaid of Windemere”:

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Kalim Al-Asim (from Twisted Wonderland). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a second place success with β€œA Long Night In May”:

Here is yourΒ Silver Hit TokenΒ embossed with your (requested partial) ATRL username and Rihanna (Loud era). :2ndplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a first place finish with β€œSweet Release”:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Golden Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Mo'Nique. :1stplace:

Β 

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hitβ€”ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top writers ofΒ each roundΒ will earn their ownΒ Hit TokenΒ just like the three four above, so make sure to submit during this final week for your last chance to claim one of these bonus prizes.Β :lee:

Β 

unknown.png

On 6/18/2022 at 11:01 PM, Aurora said:

Β unknown.png

Β 

Welcome, writers! It’s time for the debut season of ATRL’s newest tournament Golden Hit to come to a close. :weeps:
From the elements to the studio, from word count to queer pride, and from culture and history to media, oh my!
Our list of past challenges forms quite a remarkable array, so how could we end the season any other way?

Β 

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the sixth and final round of the season...

unknown.png

Β 

This is a brand new challenge for Golden Hit... or is it? Ultimately, the choice is yours... or should I say, was yours. But what’s the choice, I hear you ask? Over the past five weeks you have been shaping your own challenge, tailored exclusively to you, without even realizing it! Your submissions during the tournament thus far will have a great impact on your next submission... just how they impact your final song is up to you, however. The choice? All or Nothing.
Β 

All
If you choose All, your final song must be linked to each of your prior submissions throughout Golden Hit in some way. It can be as major or as minor of a link as you desire, however there must be some connection to each and every one of your prior entries. It may be a shared motif, or a reference to a specific lyric. Perhaps a borrowed rhyme scheme, or an interpolated song title. Your song doesn’t necessarily have to adhere to the specifics of the individual challenges, however should you wish to incorporate any other challenge elements, that may be a suitable link! Originality will be rewarded, and it is important that your song must stand alone in its own right, yet still feel like a fitting centerpiece to the Golden Hit project you’ve been crafting all season.Β All of your individual connections to your prior songs must be included in the other information section.
Β 

Nothing
Alternatively, if you choose Nothing, your final song must be completely unique from any of your prior submissions throughout Golden Hit. We don’t wish to see any overlapping themes, repurposed song structures and rhyme schemes, or concepts previously explored during your time in this tournament. Of course, not every single word has to be something you haven’t used beforeβ€”think of this more as a β€œfree round” option, with a heightened focus on exploring new styles, concepts, themes, and language that you wouldn’t typically utilize. This is an opportunity to take a risk and try something entirely new for you, and step out of your comfort zone, while still displaying strong songwriting techniques forming a lyrically enthralling experience for the reader.Β A summary of how this differs from your prior songs must be included in the other information section.
Β 

Now you know the stakes... what will you choose? All or Nothing?
Β 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Jun 23, 11:59PM EST

Β 

The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. Due to this being the final round, requests for token embossment will be taken from all writers during submission, as to have them presented during the final results show. As always, if you have not submitted during Golden Hit thus far, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list, however you would need to complete the Nothing component of the challenge by default.

Β 

Finally, @fountain, @Element, and I wish to thank you all once again for making this tournament a success.
We hope you have enjoyed the experience as much as we have, and wish you all the best in the finale!

unknown.png

Challenge repost for anyone who might need it!

• ATRL Moderator

oh nice extension!

Β 

nice tokens too! :clap3:Β 

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Celebrating a second place success with β€œA Long Night In May”:

Here is yourΒ Silver Hit TokenΒ embossed with your (requested partial) ATRL username and Rihanna (Loud era). :2ndplace:

Wait why did I think this was Bebe Rexha when I first saw it :rip:

5 minutes ago, fountain said:

Wait why did I think this was Bebe Rexha when I first saw it :rip:

It is Bebe Rexha, circa "The Monster" era, what do you mean? :eli:

Just now, Aurora said:

It is Bebe Rexha, circa "The Monster" era, what do you mean? :eli:

Wait. Now I can’t actually tell who it really isΒ :deadbanana4:

Β 

I never would’ve have said that those two looked alike, but somehow the token looks like the perfect mix of themΒ 

1 minute ago, fountain said:

Wait. Now I can’t actually tell who it really isΒ :deadbanana4:

Β 

I never would’ve have said that those two looked alike, but somehow the token looks like the perfect mix of themΒ 

Mess, it's Rihanna, I was just making a joke because the high parts "Rihanna" sings on The Monster's hook are actually Bebe since she wrote/demo'd the song. :deadbanana2:

Β 

This was the specific photo that was requested/used:

91pxRR2ASLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ahh Kalim looks good :jonny5:Β lemme make the token my new avi for further confusion

Fun fact: silver hit tokens are the rarest in circulation (only 4 distributed), while golden and bronze hit tokens both have at least 6 in circulation. Golden hit tokens are technically the most common with 9 in circulation, including fountain's, Element's, and mine.

6 minutes ago, Hug said:

Ahh Kalim looks good :jonny5:Β lemme make the token my new avi for further confusion

Ahh we love supporting the Token Takeoverℒ️. :clap3:

:soda::soda::soda::soda:Β whew I wasn't expecting THAT much of an extension. love that though!!

Just now, Remmy said:

:soda::soda::soda::soda:Β whew I wasn't expecting THAT much of an extension. love that though!!

For a bit of reasoning, the longer extension fits with our personal schedules better. We’ve had to plan the final around Aurora’s work days and my birthday, which ended up clashing with his off time, but luckily we seem to have come to a solution and the extension helps us tooΒ :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.