Golden Hit: Season 1 πŸ“€ Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! πŸ†πŸ†

fountain

We love an extensive extension.Β 
Β 

Started writing something I like but IDK if it’ll end up being submission worthy. :devil:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, maybe I'll finish six songs' worth of material in four days too? :fan:

I’m very annoyed with myself actually. I’ve written four verses and four prechoruses and I have an idea of what the bridge should be, but this song is just begging for an explosive chorus and my brain is giving me crickets.Β 

I love my token so muchΒ :jonnycat:Β I'm gonna keep this as my avi for the foreseeable future what a slayΒ :jonnycat:

Β 

Thank you so much @AuroraΒ :heart:

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

? Important AnnouncementΒ ?

Β 

Hey, Hitmakers! In the final hours of Round 6'sΒ All or NothingΒ challenge, the deadline has been extended untilΒ Mon. Jun 27, 11:59PM EST.

Seeing as this is the final ofΒ Golden Hit Season 1Β we want to encourage as many of you as possible to submit, so enjoy this extra time! :party:

If you'veΒ only just discovered Golden Hit orΒ simply didn't wish to participate in other rounds, fear not: sign-ups are still openβ€”just submit!
Β 

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Judge's Choice challenge(s) with their bonus prizes: theΒ Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trioΒ quartet of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests forΒ embossment.

Β 

:matty:

Β 

Celebrating a third place triumph with β€œLost”:

Avatar-BronzeCoin-R5-Augmented.png

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Dr. Who (as portrayed by Matt Smith). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Also celebrating a third place triumph with β€œMaid of Windemere”:

Here is yourΒ Bronze Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Kalim Al-Asim (from Twisted Wonderland). :3rdplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a second place success with β€œA Long Night In May”:

Here is yourΒ Silver Hit TokenΒ embossed with your (requested partial) ATRL username and Rihanna (Loud era). :2ndplace:

Β 

Β 

Celebrating a first place finish with β€œSweet Release”:

unknown.png

Here is yourΒ Golden Hit TokenΒ embossed with your ATRL username and Mo'Nique. :1stplace:

Β 

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hitβ€”ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top writers ofΒ each roundΒ will earn their ownΒ Hit TokenΒ just like the three four above, so make sure to submit during this final week for your last chance to claim one of these bonus prizes.Β :lee:

Β 

unknown.png

I love it so muchΒ :jonny:

Β 

5 hours ago, fountain said:

Wait why did I think this was Bebe Rexha when I first saw it :rip:

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

It is Bebe Rexha, circa "The Monster" era, what do you mean? :eli:

:deadbanana2:Β wo-hoo oo-hooo!

Β 

Wait I wrote the damn song.Β 

1 hour ago, Achilles. said:

Wait I wrote the damn song.Β 

I wrote a verse I am happy with. ? It's official, I'm a hack.

6 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Me with my finalized submission from five days ago be like

Β 

brigitte-nielsen.gif

Honestly I get it, as a contestant I was always one of those always-submit-before-the-deadline-and-get-mildly-annoyed-with-extensions types but realistically fountain and my schedules are serving this gif for the next two weeks:

Β 

train-tunnel.gif

Β 

...so even if we didn't extend the deadline the results probably wouldn't be happening any sooner than they will be, so we figured since we only had a fraction of the submissions we'd be expecting at this point we may as well give everyone a decent amount of time to actually conceptualise something had they not already. Feel free to use this time to make any adjustments/improvements you may think of, but if you're honestly happy then congratulations on completing Golden Hit and we thank you for submitting such amazing work each week! :duca:

Β 

5 hours ago, TruGemini said:

I love my token so muchΒ :jonnycat:Β I'm gonna keep this as my avi for the foreseeable future what a slayΒ :jonnycat:

Β 

Thank you so much @AuroraΒ :heart:

2 hours ago, β˜†lex said:

I love it so muchΒ :jonny:

Β 

:deadbanana2:Β wo-hoo oo-hooo!

Β 

We fully endorse the Token Takeoverℒ️! I'm glad you both like them so much. :heart:

Β 

2 hours ago, β˜†lex said:

i feel like a sexy quarter

:ahh:

Hello it’s the artist formerly known asΒ β˜†lex. In a reverse Prince experience, I was finally able to get the symbol removed from my nameΒ :jonny:Β Β 
Β 

now i can actually login, submit forms and be tagged normallyΒ :dies:

1 hour ago, lex said:

Hello it’s the artist formerly known asΒ β˜†lex. In a reverse Prince experience, I was finally able to get the symbol removed from my nameΒ :jonny:Β Β 
Β 

Omg :jonny5:

Β 

I’ve actually literally never been able to tag you myself, I’ve always had to copy and paste Aurora’sΒ :dies:

Β 

Here for your lex era :clap3:

I wrote something that makes me uncomfortable, but it’s my art! :emofish:

22 minutes ago, D e v o n said:

I wrote something that makes me uncomfortable, but it’s my art! :emofish:

… is it going to make us uncomfortable, too?

4 hours ago, lex said:

Β 

ngl I always found the star kinda iconic, but I can see why it would be a pain for day to day use. Enjoy the new freedom! But will lex be as acclaimed? Only time will tell!

4 hours ago, fountain said:

Omg :jonny5:

Β 

I’ve actually literally never been able to tag you myself, I’ve always had to copy and paste Aurora’sΒ :dies:

Β 

Here for your lex era :clap3:

i always had to go find one of those ~*~cool symbol~*~ copy paste websites Β nnnn

Β 

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

ngl I always found the star kinda iconic, but I can see why it would be a pain for day to day use. Enjoy the new freedom! But will lex be as acclaimed? Only time will tell!

the star will be forever memorialized in this threadΒ :heart:Β Β 

4 hours ago, fountain said:

… is it going to make us uncomfortable, too?

Maybe ?

8 hours ago, lex said:

i always had to go find one of those ~*~cool symbol~*~ copy paste websites Β nnnn

I tried that but for whatever reason it wouldn’t work for me :rip:Β  it was cute but yeah I can see it being a hassleΒ 

Β 

β˜†Β β˜†Β β˜†Β β˜†Β β˜†

19 hours ago, lex said:

Β 

:soda::soda::soda:Β THE SERVE!!! I don't know how I missed this but I saw a news article on it and had to check for myself!!

Actually just scrapped my 'All' song cause I couldn't relate to it at all and every single line makes me cringeΒ :skull: maybe I'll revisit it tomorrow or try Nothing

Β unknown.png

?Β Penultimate Day PromptΒ ?

Β 

Hey, Hitmakers! As you may have noticed by the thread title and important announcement on Thursday, the challenge deadline for the final round of season one of Golden Hit was extended by four days, untilΒ Mon. Jun 27, 11:59PM EST. This deadline not only gives you all the best chance to write something truly fantastic for this tournament'sΒ finaleβ€”your last chance to make a claim for the overall title ofΒ Winner of Golden HitΒ or snatch one of the finalΒ Hit Tokensβ€”but it also reduces the wait time between close of submissions and the actual final results, which is currently scheduled forΒ Fri. Jul 1, time TBA.

Β 

A little over two days remain on the extended deadline's countdown timer (linked above). If you are almost finished your song, now is the time to do so. If you haven't even started yet, this is a good chance to treat this round like a "48 Hour Challenge" and just go for it. If youΒ haveΒ already submitted and think of any changes that might benefit your song, now is your chance to make those. Due to the extended deadline, our tight schedules, and necessary finale prep,Β we will not be able to accept submissions after this extended deadline.

Β 

I can confirm we have received submissions from the following writers:

@Julia Fox@hurricane326@DatChickDoe@Better Mistakes@Jackson@Hug

Β 

Below I have tagged anyone who has submitted for at least half (3) of this season's challenges and has shown a strong interest in participating throughout this tournament. We'd love to see you continue or return to submit during this finale! The scores and averages are all incredibly close so it's honestly anyone's game at this point, and who knows where you will end up in the overall season averages chart, as well as the season final chart of individual song rankings?

Β 

If you could please indicate in the thread if you plan to submit for the finale, that would be ideal. Even better, if you could submit any entries you may be working on within the next 12 hours, perhaps the first batch of reviews might be released within the next 24 hours. :celestial5:

Β 

Once again we thank you for your support this season, and wish you all the best. Most importantly, make sure to have fun with it. :heart2:

Β 

unknown.png

I’ve got a song finished but I’m gonna sit on it until Monday evening to see if I want to make any edits or end up writing anything else. :celestial6:

The fact that I wrote the song on Monday and still haven't submitted yetΒ :bibliahh:why do I procrastinate like this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.