• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

not this season kinda smashing already :eek:Β happy to see so many new faces as well as some i haven’t seen in yearsΒ 

9 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Β 

1. Tell us aΒ little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

most people here call me gabe, i like that one, gabriel is nice too! uhh, he/him are my pronouns but i can also go with they/them too!

Β 

2. What is your previous experience with song writing?

i like writing to youtube instrumentals and i’ve also competed in a couple of PH seasons :3

Β 

3. Who are your favourite song writers?

concept wise i would go with zola jesus. when it comes to execution, lucy rose is a favorite! i really like father john misty’s style, he’s very witty. kesha’s β€œspaceship” is a classic!

Β 

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

today i really like β€˜vermilion’ which i think stands on the more simple side of my writing!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PfYmxT0-DsA8YGnudVXF9uoT3UKk0Qvq3wCFWA7Os38/edit
Β 

5. What are some ofΒ your main sources of creative inspiration?

i’ve been trying to learn how to make songs on ableton for the past few years and my main inspiration has always been the legend of zelda, specifically ocarina of time and majora’s mask. i love the forestal, folky, mystic and nostalgic aesthetic of everything from that universe!

lately when i’ve been thinking about songwriting i think of hidden woods, farm towns and the colors orange and red!

Β 

6. Lastly, feel free you share some examples of your writing!

<3

Well, I'm sure it goes without saying but I have obviously always adored your writing, honestly it will be a pleasure to read more :heart2:Β great to have you.Β 

Β 

8 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

@funnellegsis also an inspiration, please come back ?

This! It says he hasn't been on in a while but hopefully our collective creative energy will reach out to himΒ :chick3:

Β 

4 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

That's it for that one, the title is just "Stones"

Love a simple title tbh, it speaks for itself. For a piece so short, it's incredibly vivid. Thank you for sharing itΒ :heart:

Edited by fountain

1. TellΒ us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Hi I’m Diego, I'm 22 yo, you can call me anything you want because I don’t care. I’m gay and Chilean and I'm Pisces if you are into zodiac signs, also my ascent is Taurus and my moon is in Cancer xxΒ 

I just love song writing. I wrote my first song when I was like 6 years old and also I'm a part time hobby flop singer so I’m familiar with but I don’t know if I’m good lolΒ 

Shakira pre 2009 was a very good songwriter, she has a very own style about writing and she’s so clever at that besides sometimes attempting to be a little camp and weird… also I love how artists like Cat Power, PJ Harvey, Joni Mitchell, Liz Phair, Lily Allen, Dido and Kesha write. I mean they are very versatile, have their own styles and also are very relatable without making it too for the public if you know what I mean… also they have very quirky lyrics that are such geniusΒ 

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

Grafton Street and The Day Before The Day by Dido are clearly the best songs written ever… i felt so inspired by them… they are so deep, descriptive, personal and at the same time so warm and pure poetryΒ 

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

My life experiences and imaginary thoughtsΒ 

This is something I just wrote xx it’s not my best but I wanted to train rn for this competition so here I am xx

feel devoured by the clock

another day another boreΒ 

and suddenly you are my baby

give you some nights

and now you are leaving

we are alright, we are just playing

oh god that’s the art of pretendingΒ 

we survive another weekendΒ 

and another month is coming on

Β 

life doesn’t let me breathe

it’s like we don’t existΒ 

but i am here

thinking bout tomorrow

and while I’m at it

now that’s thinking about yesterdayΒ 

Edited by Julia Fox

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Hi, my username is Hanami-Blossom. :heart:Β  I'm 21 years old. My pronouns are He/Him. Hanami means "flower viewing" in Japanese. I feel very connected to Spring. I added the hyphen for some extra luxuriousness! I am learning both Korean and Japanese, and I question existence a lot because why are we here n it's so weird.

Β 

I've written songs for fun. I haven't written much recently so I am excited to get back into it. I'm a bit rusty lol. The fact that there are no eliminations seems perfectly rigged for me, I love it!Β :gaycat1: I'm looking forward to being able to participate in every single round without the possibility of being booTed off and I’m ready to learn more through this experience. :3

Β 

LOCAL CONNECT, BRADIO, Taichi Mukai, Sohyang, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Mariah Carey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kacey Musgraves, Florence Welch, Shania Twain

Β 

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

Beautiful Words - Sohyang

Is this just an immature voyage above a frozen ocean?

JINCHOUGE - LOCAL CONNECT

Enchanted - Taylor Swift

Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves

Underneath the Stars - Mariah Carey

Β 

Nature, philosophy, my heart

Β 

:giraffe: This is a work-in-progress song, the placeholder title is Blossoming. I wrote the chorus first, then the pre-chorus and then the verse but then I rewrote the pre-chorus. The chorus is finished, the pre-chorus needs a little bit more and the verse needs a lot more. Enjoy!

Β 

"Do you love me, or do you love me not?"

That's what I've thought to myself, you could say quite a lot

Β 

I let the rain from up above fall with my tears

I let my roots absorb it all, the pain that I've feared

Β 

This is a blossoming that I've been longing for

In the arms of spring, I grow beyond my thorns

Now everything around me's changing colours

In this garden where we're all growing with each other

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

JDJSGSKS I THOUGHT QUESTION FOUR WAS ABOUT WHAT WE CONSIDERED TO BE OUR BEST LYRICS, PLEASE :deadvision:Β no i don’t think my songs are the best written ever sorry d

I’d love to give this a go but am a bit confused, I’m not particularly confident in songwriting so do we have to like sing our songs? Sometimes lyrics don’t really work without the context of a rhythm and melody if u know what I mean.

7 minutes ago, Augmented said:

I’d love to give this a go but am a bit confused, I’m not particularly confident in songwriting so do we have to like sing our songs? Sometimes lyrics don’t really work without the context of a rhythm and melody if u know what I mean.

No singing required! This game is strictly writing based. While we may be able to pick up on some of the rhythm and melody from reading, the focus is on the lyrics. (Of course, if you prefer to sing, then you are free to do that).

Β 

If you don't feel confident enough yet to sign up, I'd maybe recommend checking back on the thread once the first challenge is posted and you can see if it inspires you and changes how you feel then? In general I would tell you not to worry about confidence and assure you that the judges will be treating everybody's writing with the utmost care, but at the same time I also understand how hard it can be sharing your personal writing, so I understand if you don't feel that comfortable yet. If you like, I can tag you when the first challenge is posted and you can think on it in the mean time? I understand your decision either way, and thank you for asking!

Edited by fountain

Coool, sign me up !!!

my username is a b**** to tag tho sorryΒ :rip:Β 

Spoiler

in 2016 i was obsessed with starboy by the weeknd and was going by the name alex so i thought it was cleverΒ :gaycat6:

Β 

Β 

46 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

my main inspiration has always been the legend of zelda, specifically ocarina of time and majora’s mask. i love the forestal, folky, mystic and nostalgic aesthetic of everything from that universe!

lately when i’ve been thinking about songwriting i think of hidden woods, farm towns and the colors orange and red

oh yes, love these vibes. i am really excited to hear your stuff Β Β 

Edited by β˜†lex

18 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Hi I’m Diego, I'm 22 yo, you can call me anything you want because I don’t care. I’m gay and Chilean and I'm Pisces if you are into zodiac signs, also my ascent is Taurus and my moon is in Cancer xxΒ 

I just love song writing. I wrote my first song when I was like 6 years old and also I'm a part time hobby flop singer so I’m familiar with but I don’t know if I’m good lolΒ 

Shakira pre 2009 was a very good songwriter, she has a very own style about writing and she’s so clever at that besides sometimes attempting to be a little camp and weird… also I love how artists like Cat Power, PJ Harvey, Joni Mitchell, Liz Phair, Lily Allen, Dido and Kesha write. I mean they are very versatile, have their own styles and also are very relatable without making it too for the public if you know what I mean… also they have very quirky lyrics that are such geniusΒ 

Grafton Street and The Day Before The Day by Dido are clearly the best songs written ever… i felt so inspired by them… they are so deep, descriptive, personal and at the same time so warm and pure poetryΒ 

My life experiences and imaginary thoughtsΒ 

This is something I just wrote xx it’s not my best but I wanted to train rn for this competition so here I am xx

feel devoured by the clock

another day another boreΒ 

and suddenly you are my baby

give you some nights

and now you are leaving

we are alright, we are just playing

oh god that’s the art of pretendingΒ 

we survive another weekendΒ 

and another month is coming on

Β 

life doesn’t let me breathe

it’s like we don’t existΒ 

but i am here

thinking bout tomorrow

and while I’m at it

now that’s thinking about yesterdayΒ 

A double water sign, we love to see it :clap3:Β (I'm a cancer)

I totally agree about Shakira, honestly she is very overlooked as a songwriter, some of her lyrics are are so iconic and quirky. I mean, "lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains" might never be topped, honestly.

I am not familiar with those Dido songs tbh, but I will have to listen to them after your description!

The last three lines of your sample are a really great hook, if I am interpreting them right. I think most of us will relate to experiences like this, when time becomes a blur. It's a great inspiration to write about.

Β 

16 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Hi, my name is Hanami-Blossom. :heart:Β  I'm 21 years old. My pronouns are He/Him. Hanami means "flower viewing" in Japanese. I feel very connected to Spring. I added the hyphen for some extra luxuriousness! I am learning both Korean and Japanese, and I question existence a lot because why are we here n it's so weird.

Β 

I've written songs for fun. I haven't written much recently so I am excited to get back into it. I'm a bit rusty lol. The fact that there are no eliminations seems perfectly rigged for me, I love it!Β :gaycat1: I'm looking forward to being able to participate in every single round without the possibility of being booTed off and I’m ready to learn more through this experience. :3

Β 

LOCAL CONNECT, BRADIO, Taichi Mukai, Sohyang, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Mariah Carey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kacey Musgraves, Florence Welch, Shania Twain

Β 

Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

Beautiful Words - Sohyang

Is this just an immature voyage above a frozen ocean?

JINCHOUGE - LOCAL CONNECT

Enchanted - Taylor Swift

Rainbow - Kacey Musgraves

Underneath the Stars - Mariah Carey

Β 

Nature, philosophy, my heart

Β 

:giraffe: This is a work-in-progress song, the placeholder title is Blossoming. I wrote the chorus first, then the pre-chorus and then the verse but then I rewrote the pre-chorus. The chorus is finished, the pre-chorus needs a little bit more and the verse needs a lot more. Enjoy!

Β 

"Do you love me, or do you love me not?"

That's what I've thought to myself, you could say quite a lot

Β 

I let the rain from up above fall with my tears

I let my roots absorb it all, the pain that I've feared

Β 

This is a blossoming that I've been longing for

In the arms of spring, I grow beyond my thorns

Now everything around me's changing colours

In this garden where we're all growing with each other

Will we be seeing some spring time imagery in your songs then? :celestial3:Β Happy spring, Hanami!

That's exactly the purpose of this game! You can think of it as a writing boot camp, or something like that. We're all just here to be creative and to write and to try and improve, having no eliminations takes away any of the worry, so this should be a good time!

From the excerpt you've shared, I already love the natural imagery, it's very refreshing. Looks like it is going to become a great song! Thank you for sharing it :heart:

14 minutes ago, fountain said:

No singing required! This game is strictly writing based. While we may be able to pick up on some of the rhythm and melody from reading, the focus is on the lyrics. (Of course, if you prefer to sing, then you are free to do that).

Thank you for the informative response! I think you answered what I needed to know so yes if possible I would like to sign up!

5 minutes ago, β˜†lex said:

Coool, sign me up !!!

my username is a b**** to tag tho sorryΒ :rip:Β 

A Maya stan? We are blessed. :clap3:

Thank you for signing up, we'll figure out the tagging it's not a problemΒ :laugh:

Β 

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. β˜†lex

Β 

2 minutes ago, Augmented said:

Thank you for the informative response! I think you answered what I needed to know so yes if possible I would like to sign up!

No problem, if you wanna know anything else feel free to ask and either I or Aurora will be happy to answer!

Β 

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. β˜†lex

21. Augmented

18 minutes ago, fountain said:

A double water sign, we love to see it :clap3:Β (I'm a cancer)

I totally agree about Shakira, honestly she is very overlooked as a songwriter, some of her lyrics are are so iconic and quirky. I mean, "lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains" might never be topped, honestly.

I am not familiar with those Dido songs tbh, but I will have to listen to them after your description!

The last three lines of your sample are a really great hook, if I am interpreting them right. I think most of us will relate to experiences like this, when time becomes a blur. It's a great inspiration to write about.

Β 

Will we be seeing some spring time imagery in your songs then? :celestial3:Β Happy spring, Hanami!

That's exactly the purpose of this game! You can think of it as a writing boot camp, or something like that. We're all just here to be creative and to write and to try and improve, having no eliminations takes away any of the worry, so this should be a good time!

From the excerpt you've shared, I already love the natural imagery, it's very refreshing. Looks like it is going to become a great song! Thank you for sharing it :heart:

Thank you, fountain! :heart: Screaming. It feels like we're suddenly in a park.

Β 

I do love Spring but I also need variety, I don't really like to stay stuck on one thing so I'm ready to ditch Spring whenever I feel like it tbh like I am serving climate change. I really want to delve into writing more fantastical songs, like fantasy worlds that are so otherworldly so I might try that.

Β 

Yas, it was a great surprise to see that there are no eliminations. I've been waiting for the next SOTS but I was nervous about being eliminated on arrival :skull: buT I am also ready to compete too when the time comes :gaycat1:

Β 

I'm so excited!!! I've been neglecting my creative side for a while.

Β 

EDIT: Also agree on that Shakira lyric ffff :deadbanana2:Β  my fave part, I have vivid childhood memories of Whenever, Wherever

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

1.Β Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Β 

I’m Jake (he/him). I’m unfortunately American and too old for this ****. All of it.Β 

Β 

Wrote many songs circa 2011-2018, and nothing since then. I competed in a few seasons of Platinum Hits, coming in the top three once and then probably bombing the other time(s). Who even remembers?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Taylor Swift, Madonna, Brandy Clark, Florence Welch, Natalia Kills, George Michael, Troye Sivan, Lori McKenna, Janelle Monae, Sufjan Stevens, Lorde….

Β 

Taylor-Swift.jpg

Β 

Β 

Lately, nothing. In the past, I’ve written a lot about identity, depression / anxiety, Greek mythology, and sociopolitical topics.Β 

And I just found this gem of a throwback while reviewing some old notes:Β 

Β 

if you’re thinking about writing a song about being gay, it’s been done before and Achilles. Is already planning on doing it again, so you should really make sure you present your idea in a new, interesting way.

Β 

My name’s Joe! 25 years old. he/him or they/them. i’m currently a 7th year undergrad student (lol) who will finally be done with college in august. i am classically trained on the double bass and i also sing and play guitar, autoharp, ukulele, keys, and a bit of flute. i love performing at open mics and even though most of my songs are kinda folky at the moment, i’d love to eventually become the first jewish bisexual MPBΒ :gaycat2:

Β 

I’ve been writing songs since i was 8! it just came very naturally and although i haven’t been trained a ton on keyboards, i started writing rudimentary song skeletons with my family’s piano

Β 

Kate Bush, David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Joanna Newsom, Lana Del Rey, Mitski, Marina, Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse, PJ Harvey, Fiona Apple, Perfume Genius, BjΓΆrk

Β 

β€œwhile you are away, my heart comes undone, slowly unravels in a ball of yarn. the devil collects it with a grin, our love in a ball of yarn, he’ll never return it…” (unravel by bjΓΆrk)

”traced in the park, an outline in chalk, where i took his hand in mine for a little while everything was alright…” (no good by perfume genius)

”here i am again my girl, wondering what on earth i’m doing here? maybe he doesn’t love me, i just took a trip on my love for him…” (the man with the child in his eyes by kate bush)

”well it took a lot of work to be the ass that i am, and i’m really damn sure that anyone can, equally, easily, f*ck you over” (dark center of the universe by modest mouse)

β€œand the tilt of this strange nation, and the will to remain for the duration, waving the flag, feeling it drag! like a bump on a bump on a log, baby, like i’m in a fistfight with the fog, baby” (good intentions paving company by joanna newsom)

Β 

definitely my personal life and my craving for knowledge, nature and nightwalks, and my struggles with identity and religion/spirituality

Β 

here are a few lyrics from some of my songs:

I know it's a risk but I've let go of your graspΒ 
no starlight in the musk of creeks and fog of grassΒ 
deliverances materializing, let delphinus crash tonightΒ 
it's quantifying, electrifying my steps from now onΒ 
I know I'm a fraud or a daunting f*ck sometimesΒ 
I know I have lips of spikes or teeth of mudΒ 
your mussitations are no match for meΒ 
your energy will, maybe, get you somewhereΒ 

(from Lucid Palimpsest, 2019)

Β 

arrest me, make me feel so goodΒ 
address me, feel you really shouldΒ 
honey, it’s oh so simple, I need a link to your fingertips, yes!
a paralipsis of all your tressesΒ 
as we accumulate greater antimatter, we only expand from here, yeahΒ 
so winsomely, so featly perched, til cynosure I plunge, yeahΒ 

(from Vlontresska, 2018)

Β 

Β 

allocate her blessedness to flights of independenceΒ 
she’s a messenger in every lightΒ 
she’s a winter with her shrinesΒ 
complicate her messagesΒ 
she walks with all her florid friendsΒ 
to gain some looks, books and throws
this queen has spirits in her flaming irisesΒ 
oh she has love in traces of dustΒ 
and I said β€œhey could I be a queen someday” 
I’d love to be a queen where she is

(from Queen A, 2017)

Β 

Β 

and here’s a gratuitous electropop bop for all my gays lolΒ 

11 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

Thank you, fountain! :heart: Screaming. It feels like we're suddenly in a park.

Β 

I do love Spring but I also need variety, I don't really like to stay stuck on one thing so I'm ready to ditch Spring whenever I feel like it tbh like I am serving climate change. I really want to delve into writing more fantastical songs, like fantasy worlds that are so otherworldly so I might try that.

Β 

Yas, it was a great surprise to see that there are no eliminations. I've been waiting for the next SOTS but I was nervous about being eliminated on arrival :skull: buT I am also ready to compete too when the time comes :gaycat1:

Β 

I'm so excited!!! I've been neglecting my creative side for a while.

Β 

EDIT: Also agree on that Shakira lyric ffff :deadbanana2:Β  my fave part, I have vivid childhood memories of Whenever, Wherever

Not it being your climate change eraΒ :dies:Β here for the diversity though, we love to see it (not climate change thoΒ :monkey:). Hopefully some of our challenges will fit the ideas you have moving forward!

Β 

It's five years since we had a writing game like this with no eliminations and it's definitely time it happened again. Aurora and I are planning to have this be a recurring thing, so hopefully lots of creativity can flourish and be nurtured with this gameΒ :clap3:

7 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

definitely my personal life and my craving for knowledge, nature and nightwalks, and my struggles with identity and religion/spirituality

all of this is very me, i feel seen :foxaylove:

wanna sign up so bad because I really want to get back into songwriting but the amount of college work I have right now is unrealΒ :weeps:Β 

Just now, luckystrike said:

wanna sign up so bad because I really want to get back into songwriting but the amount of college work I have right now is unrealΒ :weeps:Β 

Try it out ??

14 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

1.Β Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Β 

I’m Jake (he/him). I’m unfortunately American and too old for this ****. All of it.Β 

Β 

Wrote many songs circa 2011-2018, and nothing since then. I competed in a few seasons of Platinum Hits, coming in the top three once and then probably bombing the other time(s). Who even remembers?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Taylor Swift, Madonna, Brandy Clark, Florence Welch, Natalia Kills, George Michael, Troye Sivan, Lori McKenna, Janelle Monae, Sufjan Stevens, Lorde….

Β 

Taylor-Swift.jpg

Β 

Β 

Lately, nothing. In the past, I’ve written a lot about identity, depression / anxiety, Greek mythology, and sociopolitical topics.Β 

And I just found this gem of a throwback while reviewing some old notes:Β 

Β 

Β 

Honestly, it's great that you are coming back. If I remember rightly, I believe I asked if you wanted to judge back in Diamond Hit, and you were definitely a formidable player in those PH seasons. I'd love if you could get back into writing with this game. :clap3:

Β 

7 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

Β 

My name’s Joe! 25 years old. he/him or they/them. i’m currently a 7th year undergrad student (lol) who will finally be done with college in august. i am classically trained on the double bass and i also sing and play guitar, autoharp, ukulele, keys, and a bit of flute. i love performing at open mics and even though most of my songs are kinda folky at the moment, i’d love to eventually become the first jewish bisexual MPBΒ :gaycat2:

Β 

I’ve been writing songs since i was 8! it just came very naturally and although i haven’t been trained a ton on keyboards, i started writing rudimentary song skeletons with my family’s piano

Β 

Kate Bush, David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Joanna Newsom, Lana Del Rey, Mitski, Marina, Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse, PJ Harvey, Fiona Apple, Perfume Genius, BjΓΆrk

Β 

β€œwhile you are away, my heart comes undone, slowly unravels in a ball of yarn. the devil collects it with a grin, our love in a ball of yarn, he’ll never return it…” (unravel by bjΓΆrk)

”traced in the park, an outline in chalk, where i took his hand in mine for a little while everything was alright…” (no good by perfume genius)

”here i am again my girl, wondering what on earth i’m doing here? maybe he doesn’t love me, i just took a trip on my love for him…” (the man with the child in his eyes by kate bush)

”well it took a lot of work to be the ass that i am, and i’m really damn sure that anyone can, equally, easily, f*ck you over” (dark center of the universe by modest mouse)

β€œand the tilt of this strange nation, and the will to remain for the duration, waving the flag, feeling it drag! like a bump on a bump on a log, baby, like i’m in a fistfight with the fog, baby” (good intentions paving company by joanna newsom)

Β 

Β 

here are a few lyrics from some of my songs:

I know it's a risk but I've let go of your graspΒ 
no starlight in the musk of creeks and fog of grassΒ 
deliverances materializing, let delphinus crash tonightΒ 
it's quantifying, electrifying my steps from now onΒ 
I know I'm a fraud or a daunting f*ck sometimesΒ 
I know I have lips of spikes or teeth of mudΒ 
your mussitations are no match for meΒ 
your energy will, maybe, get you somewhereΒ 

(from Lucid Palimpsest, 2019)

Β 

arrest me, make me feel so goodΒ 
address me, feel you really shouldΒ 
honey, it’s oh so simple, I need a link to your fingertips, yes!
a paralipsis of all your tressesΒ 
as we accumulate greater antimatter, we only expand from here, yeahΒ 
so winsomely, so featly perched, til cynosure I plunge, yeahΒ 

(from Vlontresska, 2018)

Β 

Β 

allocate her blessedness to flights of independenceΒ 
she’s a messenger in every lightΒ 
she’s a winter with her shrinesΒ 
complicate her messagesΒ 
she walks with all her florid friendsΒ 
to gain some looks, books and throws
this queen has spirits in her flaming irisesΒ 
oh she has love in traces of dustΒ 
and I said β€œhey could I be a queen someday” 
I’d love to be a queen where she is

(from Queen A, 2017)

Β 

Β 

and here’s a gratuitous electropop bop for all my gays lolΒ 

A musical talent, the multiple instrument playing :clap3:Β while this is a game focused on lyrics, it's great seeing players who also play instruments too!

Love the artists you listed and the lyrics you highlighted, the taste!

I listened to your first two songs while reading through these, and I'll listen to the other two now, because I really enjoyed them! Both the lyrics, and your voice, I loved listening. Honestly, you remind me somewhat of @JacksonΒ (who just quoted you as well, the coincidence :skull:) who also writes and sings folky music. And this is definitely intended as a compliment, because he has won a song writing game on here beforeΒ :eddie:

Super interested to see what you submit! Thanks for sharing these and for signing upΒ :heart2:

Mess I just realised. My real name isn't Hanami-Blossom - it's just a username :skull: I don't want y'all thinking it's my real name that I use on my passport :dies:

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

3 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

The OP is kinda wordy so idk if everybody will have read all of it, but since this is a non elimination game anybody can join or skip a round at any point. So, if you're particularly busy one week, it's fine to not submit and miss a round. Since we will average the scores for every round at the end of the game this will lower your average at the end unfortunately, but you can definitely still take part when you can and don't have to worry when you can't! :heart:

4 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

Mess I just realised. My real name isn't Hanami-Blossom - it's just a username :skull: I don't want y'all thinking it's my real name :dies:

:laugh:

Β 

Happy to call people by whatever they prefer. Hanami Blossom would be an amazing real name though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.