Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

**** it. Roll out the red carpet, it’s time for your funerals.Β 

Spoiler

or mine. I haven’t written a song in like 6 years.

Β 

tiurfwt.gif
Β 

Β 

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

Edited by Achilles.

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

oh it’s only 6 rounds? definitely signing up then :foxaylove2:

period, this season will be lasting until roughly the end of June

Β 

Β 

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

etc.

Edited by fountain

Who will be lucky sign up #10? :duca:

Oh this one seems good sign me up

. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

Β 

19 minutes ago, fountain said:

Here's a little optional questionnaire for everybody signing up to introduce themselves!

Β 

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

2. What is your previous experience with song writing?

3. Who are your favourite song writers?

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

6. Lastly, feel free you share some examples of your writing!

1. Hello, I'm Euterpe, and this the perfect opportunity to tell everyone who has been curious that Euterpe is one of the muses of Greek mythology, specifically the one presiding over music. A quick, easy, Google search. I chose this name on purpose, it isn't random, and I love Greek mythology.Β :gaycat6:

2. I have no songwriting experience as much as I wrote poetry a long time ago and did a decade of choir, so I'm aiming to see if there's anything in my brain that can songwrite (if I fail, I will then ~realize).

3. I'm gonna be honest, I know more about poetry than songwriters, but I love Taylor's music?

4. "I watched you die, I heard you cry every night in your sleep, I was so young, You should have known better than to lean on me, You never thought of anyone else, You just saw your pain, And now I cry in the middle of the night, For the same damn thing" This whole sequence is powerful, especially since I've done work in foster care and currently do work with DV survivors. The best written songs, in general, are songs that pack a punch melodically and lyrically, like Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson and My Immortal by Evanescence.

5. I love character creation and story writing, so basically all the things in my head that I create that are like my own personal movies/novels.

6. I haven't written in so long that I'm going to keep my past examples to myself for now.Β :dies:

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

Β 

Β 

Was waiting for this number uwu

Β 

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

17 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

1. Hello, I'm Euterpe, and this the perfect opportunity to tell everyone who has been curious that Euterpe is one of the muses of Greek mythology, specifically the one presiding over music. A quick, easy, Google search. I chose this name on purpose, it isn't random, and I love Greek mythology.Β :gaycat6:

2. I have no songwriting experience as much as I wrote poetry a long time ago and did a decade of choir, so I'm aiming to see if there's anything in my brain that can songwrite (if I fail, I will then ~realize).

3. I'm gonna be honest, I know more about poetry than songwriters, but I love Taylor's music?

4. "I watched you die, I heard you cry every night in your sleep, I was so young, You should have known better than to lean on me, You never thought of anyone else, You just saw your pain, And now I cry in the middle of the night, For the same damn thing" This whole sequence is powerful, especially since I've done work in foster care and currently do work with DV survivors. The best written songs, in general, are songs that pack a punch melodically and lyrically, like Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson and My Immortal by Evanescence.

5. I love character creation and story writing, so basically all the things in my head that I create that are like my own personal movies/novels.

6. I haven't written in so long that I'm going to keep my past examples to myself for now.Β :dies:

Thanks for signing up and answering!

Β 

In that case, will we potentially be seeing some Greek mythology inspired entries from you? :eli:

To be fair, the ties between poetry and song writing are very tight. Your poetry experience will definitely be a great asset you should utilise in your submissions! I would not worry too much about what typically define "songs" and "poems" and instead just write what you are inspired to create, personally. The art form is very subjective and we enjoy reading all kinds of submissions.

Your song picks are really great too and seem to share some themes, that genre of song is always really hard hitting.Β 

If it's been a while since you've written then this game has arrived at the perfect time! Hopefully this is a great way to get back into it. :duca:

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

Β 

Why not, I guess?

Β 

51 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

**** it. Roll out the red carpet, it’s time for your funerals.Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

or mine. I haven’t written a song in like 6 years.

Β 

tiurfwt.gif
Β 

Β 

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Astro said:

i guess i'll play x

Β 

1. Julia FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

Β 

31 minutes ago, Speezy said:

Oh this one seems good sign me up

Β 

5 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

Β 

Β 

Thank you everybody for signing up! :heart2:

Β 

2 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Was waiting for this number uwu

Β 

Β 

1. JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

Oh wow oh wow :jonny4:Β 

Sign me up!! I’m ready for my Kara Dioguardi moment

sign me up ladies :jonny5:Β i guess the suggestion of no elim coming back was strong in that google survey :jonny5:Β and hopefully, i don't know if the challenges are already planned, but a challenge where we have to write (and sing :fan:) over a 30 sec or 1 min instrumental would be sooo welcomed :jonny5:

Β 

Here's a little optional questionnaire for everybody signing up to introduce themselves!

Β 

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

Β 

1. He/Him
  2. None, this will be my first time writing a song, English is not my native tongue and I'd probably be more comfortable writing in French or Arabic, so this will be a challenge :eli:

Β 

Β 

1YF91bi.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

We're only particles of change I know I know
Orbiting around the sun
But how can I have that point of view
When I'm always bound and tied to someone

White flags of winter chimneys
Waving truce against the moon
In the mirrors of a modern bank
From the window of a hotel room
Β 
Joni Mitchell - Hejira

Β 

When we were kids in Maidstone, Sharon
I went to every wedding in that little town
To see the tears and the kisses
And the pretty lady in the white lace wedding gown
And walking home on the railroad tracks
Or swinging on the playground swing
Love stimulated my illusions
More than anything

Β 

Joni Mitchell - Song for Sharon

Β 

Tears o'er a tin box
Oh, Jesus Christ, he wasn't to know
Like a chicken with a fox
He couldn't win the war with ego
Give the kid the pick of pips
And give him all your stripes and ribbons
Now he's sitting in his hole
He might as well have buttons and bows

Β 

Kate Bush - Army Dreamers

Β 

You made, you made your overtures
When you were a sure and orotund mutt
And I was still a dewey petal
Rather than a moribund ****
My love wrecked you
You packed to twirl your skirt at the palace
It hurt more than it ought to hurt
I went to work to cultivate a callus
Β 
Fiona Apple - Left Alone

Β 

5. Music, mainly

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by GentleDance

I'm Alex but prefer the name Remmy :gaycat3:Β He/him, 27, bisexual w/ heavy preference towards men YURP

Β 

I would always write little songs in class just out of nowhere and I'd continue that for years (at home as well.) I actually shared a decent amount on Facebook & ATRL blogs back in the day as if I was hot s**t for writing songs despite my lyrics being super basic. :fan:Β And maybe they still are but not as much! Nowadays I rarely write full songs but it's easy for a single lyric or a full chorus to suddenly pop into my head, and sometimes that one little snippet is enough for me to imagine how a full song would sound. I also LOVE to create tracklists and make up song titles.

Β 

Taylor Swift obviously!

Β 

Nothing really comes to mind so I'm gonna be basic and say All Too Well :gaycat4:Β and The Edge of Glory is my favorite song of all time so maybe pieces of that!Β 

Β 

A lot of the music I listen to, mainly pop/alt pop/indie pop & rock. Sometimes I'll grab little cute & clever phrases/sentences from movies, TV, videos, streams, etc. My most common topics I write about are: mental health, dark s**t, relationships, partying, sexΒ :):)Β and yet a lot of my songs aren't based on events I've actually experienced.

Β 

Here's a few recent song titles and a tracklistΒ :cm:

Β 

GTA Fantasy

Abandoned Theme Park
Longlife
Maybe I Should Never Fall In Love
Sabertooth
nostalgia for memories i've never had
Antidepressant Birthday Cake
FREAK B**CH
Video Vixen
Full Glam at Urgent Care
Here We Go
The Waves
Wires
Satan Is a Selfish Top

+

Album: 'Crash' (made before Charli announced hers btw :fan:Β A lot of these titles are depressing but a good chunk of them would be upbeat)

1. Her and Roy and the Dying Boy [*very coming-of-age, kinda Bleachers-like, beat similar to Spice Girls "Stop"*]
2. The Dog Dies at the End [*probably short, like 2:20, heavy bg vocals, slightly experimental*]
3. At My Realest [*bop w/ a beat drop*]
4. Paper Airplane Crashes [*midtempo, emotional*]
5. I Just Might [*light bop*]
6. Dance or Cry [*Tove Lo-esque club jam*]
7. Undone [*pretty theatrical w/ strong punchy chorus, kinda rock-ish*]
8. Foot In the Grave [*similar to PVRIS' latest album*]
9. the blood baby (baby of blood) [*weird and cultish nnn*]
10. senseless [*ballad*]
11. Permanent Low [*depression bop*]
12. Surviving, Existing, Not Living (Interlude) [*introspective ballad*]
13. Isn't It Sad? [*depression midtempo*]
14. Separate Graves [*folky*]
15. It Ends in the Garden [*light midtempo*]

14 minutes ago, Obsession said:

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

Β 

Why not, I guess?

Β 

Welcome, thank you for signing up!

9 minutes ago, Element said:

Sign me up!! I’m ready for my Kara Dioguardi moment

icon :jonnycat:Β will be anticipating your Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)Β 

1 minute ago, OreGuy said:

sign me up ladies :jonny5:Β i guess the suggestion of no elim coming back was strong in that google survey :jonny5:Β and hopefully, i don't know if the challenges are already planned, but a challenge where we have to write (and sing :fan:) over a 30 sec or 1 min instrumental would be sooo welcomed :jonny5:

Thanks for singing up, welcome back!

Aurora and I do have the challenges all planned out, can't confirm or deny if there is a challenge such as this :eli: but what I'll say is that instrumentals can be very important when it comes to song writing, so if there isn't a challenge involving them this season then it's very likely there would be in the future at some pointΒ :keir:

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

6 minutes ago, fountain said:

Welcome, thank you for signing up!

icon :jonnycat:Β will be anticipating your Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)Β 

Thanks for singing up, welcome back!

Aurora and I do have the challenges all planned out, can't confirm or deny if there is a challenge such as this :eli: but what I'll say is that instrumentals can be very important when it comes to song writing, so if there isn't a challenge involving them this season then it's very likely there would be in the future at some pointΒ :keir:

stop teasing and drop the first challenge :jonny5:Β :eli:

6 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Β 

he/him

None, this will be my first time writing a song, English is not my native tongue and I'd probably be more comfortable writing in French or Arabic, so this will be a challenge :eli:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

We're only particles of change I know I know
Orbiting around the sun
But how can I have that point of view
When I'm always bound and tied to someone

Β 

Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You know, it might seem at first like English not being your native language is a limitation, but it could also be a positive thing too! One of my favourite writers is Jonna Lee (of iamamiwhoami and ionnalee) and she writes in English despite Swedish being her mother tongue, and I believe it actually aids her writing. Having the advantage of knowing another language can be good as it means you may string words in a more unique and poetic way than English may traditionally come across as, so I would encourage you to think of it more as a unique aspect that you can embrace in your writing! If you ever need any help anyway, we'll do everything we can!

Your artist picks are amazing, you have some of the absolute best female songwriters there :clap3:

Β 

3 minutes ago, Remmy said:

I'm Alex but prefer the name Remmy :gaycat3:Β He/him, 27, bisexual w/ heavy preference towards men YURP

Β 

I would always write little songs in class just out of nowhere and I'd continue that for years (at home as well.) I actually shared a decent amount on Facebook & ATRL blogs back in the day as if I was hot s**t for writing songs despite my lyrics being super basic. :fan:Β And maybe they still are but not as much! Nowadays I rarely write full songs but it's easy for a single lyric or a full chorus to suddenly pop into my head, and sometimes that one little snippet is enough for me to imagine how a full song would sound. I also LOVE to create tracklists and make up song titles.

Β 

Taylor Swift obviously!

Β 

Nothing really comes to mind so I'm gonna be basic and say All Too Well :gaycat4:Β and The Edge of Glory is my favorite song of all time so maybe pieces of that!Β 

Β 

A lot of the music I listen to, mainly pop/alt pop/indie pop & rock. Sometimes I'll grab little cute & clever phrases/sentences from movies, TV, videos, streams, etc. My most common topics I write about are: mental health, dark s**t, relationships, partying, sexΒ :):)Β and yet a lot of my songs aren't based on events I've actually experienced.

Β 

Here's a few recent song titles and a tracklistΒ :cm:

GTA Fantasy

Abandoned Theme Park
Longlife
Maybe I Should Never Fall In Love
Sabertooth
nostalgia for memories i've never had
Antidepressant Birthday Cake
FREAK B**CH
Video Vixen
Full Glam at Urgent Care
Here We Go
The Waves
Wires
Satan Is a Selfish Top

+

Album: 'Crash' (made before Charli announced hers btw :fan:Β A lot of these titles are depressing but most of them would be upbeat)

1. Her and Roy and the Dying Boy [*very coming-of-age, kinda Bleachers-like, beat similar to Spice Girls "Stop"*]
2. The Dog Dies at the End [*probably short, like 2:20, heavy bg vocals, slightly experimental*]
3. At My Realest [*bop w/ a beat drop*]
4. Paper Airplane Crashes [*midtempo, emotional*]
5. I Just Might [*light bop*]
6. Dance or Cry [*Tove Lo-esque club jam*]
7. Undone [*pretty theatrical w/ strong punchy chorus, kinda rock-ish*]
8. Foot In the Grave [*similar to PVRIS' latest album*]
9. the blood baby (baby of blood) [*weird and cultish nnn*]
10. senseless [*ballad*]
11. Permanent Low [*depression bop*]
12. Surviving, Existing, Not Living (Interlude) [*introspective ballad*]
13. Isn't It Sad? [*depression midtempo*]
14. Separate Graves [*folky*]
15. It Ends in the Garden [*light midtempo*]

Bisexual icon! :clap3:

To be honest, I think that's similar to how many of our song writing journeys begin, at least certainly for me. And speaking personally, taking part in games like this has improved my writing by a really incredible amount. I first took part back in 2014 and I have to say I've grown so much since then and a huge part of that is owed to the games that came before Golden Hit! I am sure that Aurora would say the same, and of course the hope is that this game can do the same for others.

All Too Well is really one of those rare unforgettable songs, and tbh the Born This Way album as a whole is a materpiece imo (definitely her best album!)

I absolutely love your songs already just from their song titles, I love when people put their unique flare into their writing and I'm getting that already from just your titles. I just know Antidepressant Birthday Cake is a masterpiece tbh.

10 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

stop teasing and drop the first challenge :jonny5:Β :eli:

I'd love to tbh, I can't wait to start the game :jonny5:Β but we're going to give a few days for people to sign up.

However, we'll be making a different announcement tomorrow! :eli:

9 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Sign me up ✍️

Welcome, thank you!

Β 

1.Β JuliaΒ FoxΒ 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4.Β boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.Β 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

count me in!! i'm about to start preparing my new EP, so this is good for some inspiration tbh!

(I make mostly folky-pop songs btw)

1. Tell us aΒ little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

most people here call me gabe, i like that one, gabriel is nice too! uhh, he/him are my pronouns but i can also go with they/them too!

Β 

i like writing to youtube instrumentals and i’ve also competed in a couple of PH seasons :3

Β 

concept wise i would go with zola jesus. when it comes to execution, lucy rose is a favorite! i really like father john misty’s style, he’s very witty. kesha’s β€œspaceship” is a classic!

Β 

today i really like β€˜vermilion’ which i think stands on the more simple side of my writing!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PfYmxT0-DsA8YGnudVXF9uoT3UKk0Qvq3wCFWA7Os38/edit
Β 

5. What are some ofΒ your main sources of creative inspiration?

i’ve been trying to learn how to make songs on ableton for the past few years and my main inspiration has always been the legend of zelda, specifically ocarina of time and majora’s mask. i love the forestal, folky, mystic and nostalgic aesthetic of everything from that universe!

lately when i’ve been thinking about songwriting i think of hidden woods, farm towns and the colors orange and red!

Β 

<3

4 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

count me in!! i'm about to start preparing my new EP, so this is good for some inspiration tbh!

(I make mostly folky-pop songs btw)

Exciting! Hopefully the challenges we have lined up can inspire some great songs for your EP. Thanks for signing up :heart2:

Β 

1 minute ago, hurricane326 said:

Sign me up!

Β 

My name is Ben, and I'm 21

All of my songwriting experience has been completely self-taught! I'm taking an Intro to Creative Writing course for Fall 2022 though, my sophomore year!

My favorite songwriters are Joni Mitchell, Fiona Apple, and Joanna Newsom

My favorite lyric ever is "unburdened hooks" from "Does Not Suffice" by Joanna Newsom.Β 

My sources of inspiration are my personal life and observations and vivid imagination

A sample of my writing:

Β 

"I skip stones across the water
They travel, lessen with each impact
Then they sink, and then they are replaced
Gliding across the surface, a bird prepared to land
And for every day luster lackedΒ 
The stones lay in wait to distract
For a hand to reach down and pluck them out of the sand"

Thanks for signing up! Your inspirations are classic and I love this excerpt you have shared, is the song completed/does it have a title?Β :clap3: very excited to read more from you in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.