H100: Wait For U #1, Future debuts 4 songs on top 10

Renan90

1 hour ago, onewillowsilk said:

I get your point with the streaming era and how seemingly easy it is to get #1 debuts and top 10 debuts now but think about it for a minute: if Rihanna's 8-albums-in-8-years run that she went on from 2005-2012, when she was at the height of her commercial powers, happened during the streaming era (let's say from 2016-2023), she'd also have lots of top 10 debuts and probably #1 debuts from album bombs, too. 

I get how annoying album bombs can seem and how the top 10 debuts from them can seem illegitimate but in truth, they aren't.

Some artists can manage several top 10 debuts with their albums but that doesn't mean it's easy to pull off. You still need to get people to stream several songs off your album loads of times for them to debut anywhere on the Hot 100, yet alone the top 10 or #1. 

The streaming era is really just a sign of the times we're in. This is how music is consumed now. It'd be wrong for artists to get several songs off their albums to individually pull loads of streams and not have that level of engagement be represented on the Hot 100 so I kinda get why Billboard allows album bombs. 

If anything, it's become the best way for an artist to demonstrate their streaming powers. I can't say I have a problem with that. 

I see your point, that makes sense that it's a more accurate reflection. Drake is just a visible and successful recipient of the added transparency of streaming, I suppose.

I guess the older acts just fall in a different category in my head so I think of them as separate eras and achievements, but oh well

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• slw84

• Green

• lex

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, "rapper" being in the title seems a little offensive. Not that I think it warrants WPs, but it should absolutely be fixed. :biblio: 

21 hours ago, slw84 said:

Not with a Rihanna avi you won't

S&M remix, Work work work work work work and The monster weren't exactly tier 1 songs either

and I love me some Rihanna and Drake

tenor.gif

It's just the sign of the times:michael:

Work spent 9 weeks at #1 :deadbanana:

And easily Top 5 in her discography 

3 hours ago, Price88 said:

This crap needs to stop honestly with these album bombs. Like they aren’t actual singles, so why should they be included? They going to peak and be off in a week or two and the same will happen with jack, Kendrick, and bunny. Like they need to reevaluate this chart and stats. Also, a hit shouldn’t be if you reach the top 40. It should be based on weeks more. Like the motto, she’s all I wanna be, Peru, I love you so, and get into it yuh are well more known than any future song that charted this week. So, they need changes changes and more changes.

I was proposing a 3 week rolling chart, which would not only fix this problem, but also a problem of 1 week #1-OUT songs. But people here don't seem to like it 

anyone else gets error message when trying to access BB200? 

46 minutes ago, Brando said:

anyone else gets error message when trying to access BB200? 

Yes.

2 hours ago, Brando said:

I was proposing a 3 week rolling chart, which would not only fix this problem, but also a problem of 1 week #1-OUT songs. But people here don't seem to like it 

Elaborate

what does 3 weeks rolling mean? How would this work?

21 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Elaborate

what does 3 weeks rolling mean? How would this work?

Songs would chart based on their average points of the past 3 weeks. Example:

Song A - a standard run single: week 1: 200 points, week 2: 320 points: week 3: 370 points. Average = 297 points which will count towards its placement on the chart. Final chart position: Anywhere between #1 and #3 depending on points that given week 

Song B - a standard album bomb track or 1 week at #1 fluke: week 1 - 350 points, week 2: 70 points, week 3: OUT. Average = 140 points. Peak position outside of Top 10 most likely in its debut week.

The chart will still be up to date because songs with massive debuts will still be able to chart on week 1, but they won't be able to top the chart or reach the top 10 without sustained support. Slower growing songs will take an extra couple of weeks to enter the chart, but at the lower reaches it doesn't really matter. Album bombs will seize to exist, because max 1 or 2 songs will be able to enter the chart and only at the lower reaches. No song will likely be able to debut at #1 unless it's pulling close to 1000 points. 

3 hours ago, Brando said:

Work spent 9 weeks at #1 :deadbanana:

And easily Top 5 in her discography 

If you say so...

congrats to Drake

jUhH98j.gif

23 hours ago, umich said:

The title :rip: @Renan90 is an innocent person and I don’t think he did it intentionally.

He never edited it so it's intentional 

I’m assuming this upcoming week it’s As It Was vs First Class for #1? I wonder if FC has the edge with the album and music video release or if AIW still has too much in airplay for FC to make up the gap.

5 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I’m assuming this upcoming week it’s As It Was vs First Class for #1? I wonder if FC has the edge with the album and music video release or if AIW still has too much in airplay for FC to make up the gap.

With all the L's Jack Harlow has been taking, I'm gonna think it's As It Was :dies: 

6 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Without seeing the YouTube numbers, Jack has it. Airplay gap isn't that big, in fact FC is the Airplay gainer, around 18M audience of difference.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:40 PM, Ger-55 said:

Why would he, he's bigger than ever. :deadbanana:

OT: Morgan securing that album of the decade with ease. :deadbanana2:

It’s amazing how saying the N word gets support thrown behind you in the USA. I HATE it here. 

11 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

That’s the same I was thinking about…

Edited by Capruni

I made some estimates for this week...

1. First Class 367 (35.2M streams + 48.5M airplay + 10.2k sales)

2. As It Was 303 (23.2M streams + 66.7M airplay + 8.6k sales)

3. WAIT FOR U 279 (33.6M streams + 9.7M airplay + 3.6k sales)

4. Moscow Mule 250 (32.2M streams + 0.8M airplay + 1.2k sales)

5. About Damn Time 221 (19.5M streams + 22.4M airplay + 20.6k sales)

Edited by Ger-55

I remember people saying Lizzo is over and then suddenly About Damn Time smashing out of the gate :rip:

Anyway Happy Jack coming for a Multi week #1, Just like Fergie’s Glomorous :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.