Women with Most Solo Top 3 Hits: Madonna 21; Taylor 19

fridayteenage

FTcRLgjX0AUMLAt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

21 Madonna: Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Crazy for You, Live to Tell, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, Open Your Heart, Who's that Girl, Commotion, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish, Vogue, Justify My Love, Playground, Erotica, I'll Remember, Secret, Take a Bow, Frozen, Music 

19 Taylor: You Belong with Me, Today was a Fairytale, Mine, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together/I Knew You Were Trouble, Shake it Off/Blank Space, Look What You Made Me Do, You Need to Calm Down/Cruel Summer, Cardigan, Willow, All Too Well, Anti-Hero/Lavender Haze/Maroon, is it over now/now that we don't talk/slvt

18 Mariah: Vision of Love, Love Takes Time, Someday, I Don't Wanna Cry, Emotions, Can't Let Go, Dreamlover, Hero, Without You, All I Want for Xmas, Fantasy, Always Be My Baby, Honey, My All, We Belong Together, Shake it Off, Don't Forget About Us, Touch My Body

17 Janet: Nasty/When I Think of You/Let’s Wait Awhile, Miss You Much/Rhythm Nation/Escapade/Come Back to Me/Black Cat/Love Will Never Do, That’s The Way Love Goes/Again/Any Time Any Place, Runaway, Together Again, Doesn’t Really Matter/All for You/Someone to Call My Lover

12 Whitney: You Give Good Love, Saving All My Love, How Will I Know, Greatest Love of All, I Wanna Dance with Somebody, Didn't We Almost, So Emotional, Where Do Broken Hearts Go, I'm Your Baby, All the Man, I Will Always Love You, Exhale

10 Rihanna: Pon de Replay, SOS, Take a Bow/Disturbia/Don’t Stop the Music, Rude Boy, Only Girl/S&M, Diamonds, Lift Me Up. 

9 Katy: I Kissed a Girl/Hot N Cold, Teenage Dream/Firework/Last Friday Night/Part of Me/Wide Awake/One That Got Away, Roar. 

8 Donna: Love to Love You Baby, Last Dance, MacArthur Park, Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, Dim all the Lights, Wanderer, She Works Hard for the Money

Olivia Newton-John: I Honestly Love You, Have You Never, Please Mr Please, Hopelessly Devoted to You, A Little More Love, Magic, Physical, Heart Attack

6 Britney: Baby One More Time, Gimme More, Womanizer, Circus, 3, Hold It Against Me.

Cher: Believe, If I Could Turn Back Time, Half-Breed, Bang Bang, Dark Lady, Gypsys Tramps and Thieves

Paula: It's Just the Way, Straight Up, Forever Your Girl, Cold Hearted, Rush Rush, Promise of a New Day 

Ariana: No Tears Left to Cry, Thank U Next, 7 Rings, Break Up with Your Girlfriend, Positions, Yes And. 

Beyonce: Naughty Girl, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies, If I Were a Boy, Break My Soul, Texas Hold Em. 

5 Adele: Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You, Set Fire to the Rain, Hello, Easy on Me.

Brenda Lee: I'm Sorry, I Want to Be Wanted, Fool, All Alone Am I, Rockin Around the Xmas Tree

Aretha: Respect, Chain of Fools, Spanish Harlem, Until You Come Back, Freeway of Love 

Diana: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Touch Me in the Morning, Theme from Mahogany, Love Hangover, Upside Down

Christina: Beautiful, Genie, What a Girl Wants, I Turn to You, Come On Over Baby 

Cyndi: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Time After Time, True Colors, She Bop, Change of Heart 

4 Gaga: Poker Face, Bad Romance, Born this Way, Edge of Glory.

Kelly: A Moment Like This, Since U Been Gone, My Life Would Suck Without You, Stronger.

Miley: Party in the USA, We Can’t Stop, Wrecking Ball, Flowers.

Olivia: Drivers License, Deja Vu, Good 4 U, Vampire.

Barbra: The Way We Were, Evergreen, Main Event, Woman in Love

Toni: Unbreak My Heart, You're Makin Me High, He Wasn't Man Enough, Breathe Again

Helen Redding: I Am Woman, Delta Dawn, Angie Baby, Leave Me Alone

Celine: The Power of Love, Because You Loved Me, It's All Coming Back, My Heart Will Go On 

3 Alicia: Fallin, You Don’t Know My Name, No One.

Kesha: Tik Tok, We R Who We R, Die Young.

Lizzo: Truth Hurts, Good as Hell, About Damn Time.

Pink: So What, Raise Your Glass, Perfect

Nicki: Super Bass, Anaconda, Super Freaky Girl

Connie Francis: My Happiness, My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own, Don't Break the Heart

Roberta Flack: First Time I Ever Saw, Killing Me Softly, Feel Like Makin Love

Debbie Gibson: Foolish Beat, Lost in Your Eyes, Out of the Blue

Taylor Dayne: First Time I Ever Saw, Killing Me Softly, Feel Like Makin Love

Tina: What's Love Got to Do With It, We Don't Need Another Hero, Typical Male

Mary J Blige: Family Affair, Be Without You, Not Gon Cry

Linda Ronstadt: Blue Bayou, You're No Good, When Will I Be Loved

Monica: Angel of Mine, Don't Take it Personal, First Night

Based on crediting the week the song went top 3.

Men (possibly incomplete): Elvis 14, Stevie/MJ 13, Drake/Elton 10, Usher 8, George Michael/Phil Collins/Billy Joel 7, Bruno/Lionel/John Denver/Bobby Vinton/Richard Marx 6, Justin/Justin/Marvin Gaye/Billy Ocean/Weeknd/Eminem 5, Ed/Prince/Bryan Adams/Rod/Paul Anka/Ray/George Harrison/Barry Manilow 4

Edited by fridayteenage

Mariah in the top seven as a 1990 debut :rip: 

Taylor far ahead of the pack :clap3: 

The "Queen of solo hits" Dua being OUT, I didn't expect that :rip: 

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Ariana: No Tears Left to Cry, Thank U Next, 7 Rings, Break Up with Your Girlfriend, Positions.

34+35 solo had a week at #2. Ariana has six entries. :mandown:

ELLIE AAAAAAAHHHHH :jonny6:

Interesting

add US and separate them by streaming tho :eli: nn

katy doing that with 5 albums :wanda:

Ariana with 6 entries while not even being a decade into her career :jonny5:

did u forget christina aguilera? 

i think she has at least more than britney @D.M.F

• 4 weeks later...

With a breather after all the album bombs, added the men in. Drake on top of that demographic as expected.

Olivia on top of gen z for now.

Edited by fridayteenage

Ariana has 6, and the “based on the crediting week the song went top 3” is dumb AF, 34+35 solo was the bigger version and it DID in fact peaked at #2

Olivia Rodrigo's "Drivers License" rolls to a sixth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Ariana Grande's "34+35" returns to its No. 2 best 

that would put her in a tie with Bruno :clap3:

OT: Katy stats are so impressive, also Lizzo hopefully coming for a third one with ADT :clap3:

i doubt this discussion will be fruitful but even if you look at that week, the remix is why it went up:

Ariana Grande’s “34+35” surges 6-2 on the Hot 100 after first reaching the rank four weeks earlier, when it was sparked by the Jan. 15 release of its remix featuring Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion. Now, the song returns to its high following the Feb. 12 premiere of its official video starring all three artists.

“34+35” ascends with 60.2 million in airplay audience (up 2%), 18.1 million streams (up 35%) and 16,000 sold (up 863%), the latter two metrics good for the song’s dual wins for top Streaming and Sales Gainer on the Hot 100.

So Billboard themselves say it went up 4 spots specifically thanks to remix activity.

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

can you sort by weeks in top 3 please

taylor: 3+1+1+5+3+13+10+5+1+1+1+1 = 45 (couldn't find the chart run for the last 3 so I just assumed. Correct me if I'm wrong)

katy: 9+1+6+12+6+1+3+2+11 = 51

rihanna: 6+4+6+7+4+5+8+6+9 = 55 

beyonce: 2+13+11+4 = 30

will do the rest later

Edited by family.guy123

of the 6 that i've calculated:

# of 1 week top 3s:

taylor: 6

katy: 2

drake: 2

adele: 0

rihanna: 0

beyonce: 0

Edited by family.guy123

averages (alphabetically):

adele: 12.8

beyonce: 7.5

drake: 8.5

katy: 5.7

rihanna: 6.1

taylor: 3.8

Edited by family.guy123

since we all know averages don't tell the whole story:

medians:

adele: 12

beyonce: 7

drake: 9.5

katy: 6

rihanna: 6

taylor: 2

Edited by family.guy123

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

i doubt this discussion will be fruitful but even if you look at that week, the remix is why it went up:

So Billboard themselves say it went up 4 spots specifically thanks to remix activity.

and what happened after that week? the remix died and the SOLO version stayed at #2, but you already knew that ? 

13 hours ago, ariananext said:

and what happened after that week? the remix died and the SOLO version stayed at #2, but you already knew that ? 

no it didn't. this is why i doubted this would be fruitful.  ? 

11-2 (remix release)-4-4-6-2 (remix video release)-4-4-9-9

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/2021-03-06/

Edited by fridayteenage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.