• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• BLΔCKP!NK

• Taylena

• pavi

2 hours ago, Raver said:

Pansexual but married to a MAN? Ok….

Parents and students complaint about her. Maybe she’s not telling the whole truth about how she was in the classroom. If students and parents are complaining then maybe she was doing too much. 

?

what does her being married to a man have to do with anything? 

• ATRL Moderator

The way several LGBTQ+ people are justifying and defending this is terrifying. :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Loghen said:

Thanks for explaining it and not being an ******* about it.

2 hours ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Thank you :clap3:

She should be able to openly discuss her sexual orientation when she's teaching, what's the problem? :biblio: Why do you think she's "indoctrinating" students? Why do you think teachers who are LGBTQ+ shouldn't discuss their sexuality and gender identity with students? Leave them alone, it's 2022, not 1970.

:heart2:

I am a licensed public school educator. I have been for 6+ years. I have a Master’s in Special Ed.

I personally would never think to discuss my sexual orientation with the children I am responsible teaching because my sexual identity has NOTHING to do with my competency as a teacher. I am not comfortable discussing my sexuality with my students or honestly anyone at work, because it has nothing to do with the job or curriculum I am required to teach. That’s just me though.

With that being said, this teacher may have grounds to file a lawsuit. I remember I was in middle school when I first started questioning my sexuality and learning about myself. It is beneficial and life saving when students have safe adults they can talk to in the school setting. 

The bootlicking pick me gays approving of this are in for a nasty surprise when America starts turning the focus back on oppressing them like before and not just the other LGBT minorities.

bratz-looking-at-each-other-stunned-brat

3 hours ago, smmann said:

I am a licensed public school educator. I have been for 6+ years. I have a Master’s in Special Ed.

I personally would never think to discuss my sexual orientation with the children I am responsible teaching because my sexual identity has NOTHING to do with my competency as a teacher. I am not comfortable discussing my sexuality with my students or honestly anyone at work, because it has nothing to do with the job or curriculum I am required to teach. That’s just me though.

With that being said, this teacher may have grounds to file a lawsuit. I remember I was in middle school when I first started questioning my sexuality and learning about myself. It is beneficial and life saving when students have safe adults they can talk to in the school setting. 

Are you married and, if so, do your students know if it in anyway? 

13 hours ago, Taylena said:

When will you guys realize that even in the most liberal, pro-leftist, progressive countries in Europe they don't teach those things to kids at those ages?  This is not helping them. And there's something really wrong with teachers and people thinking this is okay. 

Girl please. If the concepts of sexuality and gender are inherently inappropriate, then all of it would be by pRinCiPlE. That's includes straights and cisgender people. Should we be banning teenagers from all dating, having a gender identity, or having sex then? Should any literature involving any sort of romantic relationship be banned from public schools? :rip: We all know damn well why orientations are only an issue when queerness is involved.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

17 hours ago, Oxy said:

Bye!

Who cares about her sexuality, kids are there to learn. If she wants to vent then she can talk to her peers or a therapist. 

Honestly this. 
If it doesn’t pertain to the lesson, don’t discuss it. There’s after hours (Abel’s finest) and in between classes to discuss this. During class is a no go. 

17 hours ago, pavi said:

Damn.. that's some conservative view imo. Of course there should be some distance between teachers and students. I'm a teacher myself in high school and I don't share everything about myself for sure. But teachers can make such a huge difference when they show there's more than just straight people here! Since I'm open about having a boyfriend I've had two students come to me in tears cause they were unsure about their sexuality and I was the only non-straight person they knew. The only! 

I would never choose to make my students think about their own sexuality and identity like she did, but if they ask me if I'm married (like they always do, lol), I'm not gonna hide the truth. My straight coworkers don't have to, so I shouldn't have to either. If they need sone explanation on it, I'll gladly take time to do that too. A teacher doesn't only teach a subject, they socialize students as well. 

:clap3: High five from another HS teacher :alexz:

25 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

If it doesn’t pertain to the lesson

The lesson was drawing flags. :deadbanana4:

7 hours ago, smmann said:

I'm a HS teacher and if students asked me I would have no problems telling them. They essentially know already though since I wear a rainbow lanyard :gaycat5: I would usually wear it for pride month at the end of the year, but I had a random student say "You're gay" to me outside my classroom so I decided to wear it early as a F U to that kid thinking they were being funny:gaycat1:

32 minutes ago, Communion said:

The lesson was drawing flags. :deadbanana4:

I stand corrected. Let her teach!

As soon as I read “Pansexual” I already knew what she was going to look like before clicking into this thread. Why are y’all surprised?

RepubliATRL What's goinawn

Oh the horror a teacher talking orientation. :skull:

If you're worried a teacher talking about that, compared to all the nasty things thats been happening in school for decades, before, during and after class, then ****ing home-school them then.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:03 AM, pavi said:

Damn.. that's some conservative view imo. Of course there should be some distance between teachers and students. I'm a teacher myself in high school and I don't share everything about myself for sure. But teachers can make such a huge difference when they show there's more than just straight people here! Since I'm open about having a boyfriend I've had two students come to me in tears cause they were unsure about their sexuality and I was the only non-straight person they knew. The only! 

I would never choose to make my students think about their own sexuality and identity like she did, but if they ask me if I'm married (like they always do, lol), I'm not gonna hide the truth. My straight coworkers don't have to, so I shouldn't have to either. If they need sone explanation on it, I'll gladly take time to do that too. A teacher doesn't only teach a subject, they socialize students as well. 

Period. It’s so easy to see that the people rushing to defend the Florida government haven’t studied to be teachers, we’re literally taught that half of our job is to socialize students and prepare them for society :skull: 

On 5/5/2022 at 1:49 AM, Dolce Vita said:

not the girls being panphobic with their full chest in this thread 

bratz-looking-at-each-other-stunned-brat

Oh wow this a new word to me :skull: 

Since anyone that reads past the headline can tell she wasn't "fired" because she disclosed her sexual orientation, my question is... Do Dems think people won't ever read past the headlines or did the NYP actually trick them into this narrative? Because it was such an easy win and would've redeemed them after the "Don't Say Gay" misinformation campaign. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, Bloo said:

The way several LGBTQ+ people are justifying and defending this is terrifying. :deadbanana4:

It’s over for us

Why would you go around in your life talking about this, let alone doing it to your class :deadbanana: I’ll never get queer people’s obsession with their sexuality. That’s your thing ma, no one cares!

This site surprises me more and more. So many people with rotten minds who even attack people in their own community for doing nothing wrong. Disgusting. 

Children knowing about their sexuality and the sexualities of others leads to less bigotry: a BIG problem for anyone wanting to see gay, bi and trans kids in body bags.

Children armed with knowledge are beings that need to be answered because they'll be questioning why their relatives don't know basic stuff they do and why people are hated for existing. Education has always been a danger to fascism and erasing bigotry towards disenfranchised sexualities keeps a required building block out of their reach in their quest to make america the next nazi empire.

She did nothing wrong. You'd think she showed them a p0rno or sex toys judging by this overreaction and she was just discussing reality with them at their curiosity. 

Hopefully the kids are not too shaken after seeing the way a teacher was treated by simply talking about LGBTQ people. This is how you terrorize people to stay in the closet, crush their confidence and make them feel unsafe.

Edited by Eric.

Some of you guys are such....snowflakes about sexuality.

I learned straight sex ed in 3rd grade. Why cant these kids learn about gay people??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.