Update: Dem leadership: Abortion will NOT be prioritized over other issues

Communion

Updated 5/7/22.
---

Edited by Communion

QIIy.gif Here they go again with the meet them in the middle bullshit, like that ever works

Shut up stupid old ass

QIIy.gif

Yeah. Dems will start trending towards becoming a pro-life party in 5 years. Cuellar's only 66 so I could see them elevating him to Party Leadership by then as well.

I just don't get how anyone can really blame Republicans for moving so atrociously to the right when the Dems effectively facilitate it by making an equal movement to the right and re-positioning the centre :skull: Like yeah, if I knew that every extreme idea I pitched would result in my alleged disagreers moving closer to my position than they were before, I would absolutely be incentivized to pitch those crazy ideas :toofunny2:

Can someone explain to this non-American, is there anything at all that could disbar you from being an election candidate for the Democrats? Could you be anti-union, anti-voting rights, anti-justice system reform and a climate change denier too, because being anti-women's rights don't seem to be a problem for some of these people.

9 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Could you be anti-union, anti-voting rights, anti-justice system reform and a climate change denier too

Joe Manchin is functionally the president, (certainly Joe Biden is not :ahh: ) and he is every single one of those things, so yes.

• ATRL Moderator

Pray Jessica somehow defeats Henry 

45 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Pray Jessica somehow defeats Henry 

With Pelosi and Clyburn in the tank for him, and how they drove Nina vs. Shontel from a 5% margin to a 30% margin, I'm... even less optimistic now than I was a month ago. :katie: 

Updated the title cause it went from bad to worse:

:skull:

This is the same House leadership that said "The American people don't care about gays being called groomers and pedophiles; we need to focus on kitchen table issues instead." Not surprised.

They really said **** women

Edited by Robert

Unfucking believable. 

These dinos really believe in nothing. Thank you to all the people who have kept them in power :clap3:you really played yourself at the end of the ******* day. Hope crushing everyone even remotely left of center was worth it!

Edited by A Bomb

• ATRL Moderator

What do the Democrats even stand for at this point? It felt like abortion was one of the few key distinguishing policies where they felt solidly different from Republicans. Even that is fading it seems. Pitiful.

16 minutes ago, Bloo said:

What do the Democrats even stand for at this point? It felt like abortion was one of the few key distinguishing policies where they felt solidly different from Republicans. Even that is fading it seems. Pitiful.

Honestly even I didn’t think they’d drop it this fast. Guess they must have realized real quick there’s no viable path to salvaging what they’re already losing, and the writing is on the wall for a federal ban as early as 3 years from now. :rip: 

Like, come on. Voting rights is even more dead than abortion, and Clyburn is out here saying out of touch **** like this? Read the room, honestly :gaycat6: 

Democrats, “Believe in nothing”, “stand for nothing”. 

Clyburn: Voting Rights 

:juanny:

Well what other issues are they focusing on? :lmao:

Union-Busting? Making sure student debt isn't forgiven? Making rich coporate oligarchs richer and more powerful than they already are? :lmao:

Edited by katara

You can't even say both sides is a fallacy with them. They're not even appearing as a side at all. :deadbanana:

Spineless, every single of them.

The party deserves to be stamped out of existence at this point if they're refusing to walk their talk. :lmao: 

I hadn’t thought about it in this context but someone theorized Democrats don’t resist Republican legislation because they directly benefit from them (through investments) and when you think of it like that… :matty:

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

Democrats pretty much stand for nothing these days other than not being Republican. If you despise Trump-Republicans and their values, you could vote Democrat. Other than that there isn't really clear identity in the party because there is such a big division between slightly more conservative democrats, liberals and socialdemocrats

I mean, one of the main reasons why Biden won in 2020 was because he wasn't Trump :rip: that says enough about how much democratic voters truly care about the party

I’m so angry with the Democrat party. I’m just so appalled by their behavior. I’m so sick of these old politicians who are just awful. 

The least surprising thing. I feel like they’re going to just hope it gets swept under the rug until they’re voted out this year so they can try to run on it for 2024, too. :skull:

I mean this is a very important  issue but it’s not what most people will care about when voting in November ? 

But we can prioritize and talk about multiple issues at once. This being one. It’s not hard. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.