• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ratviolo

• fauxtography

• Ethereaaal

• spree

I remember so vividly how monsters reacted to Spirit and Be Alive. Those threads that went on for pages and pages of monsters circle jerking on it like their girl could never release a flop soundtrack single like that. Not miss Shallow. Not THE movie industry.

I could laugh so hard at how poor this is doing but I'm just going to say that karma is a  :cm:

6 hours ago, BnPac said:

2 members, that's hardly "terrorizing". 

I know you were here during Spirit's and Be Alive's threads, they were all made by monsters and 90% of the posts were by monsters. Let not even forget the Oscars' thread which made it to 20 pages and more just because of monsters. Yet here we are and Hive barely cares. If this were you, you would justify being aggressive. 

Oh I definitely remember, and I agree much of it was too harsh for what is ultimately just side projects for Bey. (Though I feel like the fact that she keeps having commercial flop after flop with them, coupled with the fact that her streaming presence has cooled down significantly in the last year or two, does indeed speak to her commercial power diminishing, but that's neither her nor there, isn't the topic at hand here, and isn't surprising or necessarily a bad thing given the length of her career.) I also don't really get the constant Oscars shade for her — it's very hard for pop girls to get an Oscar, which speaks highly for those that do, but isn't necessarily a drag for those that don't.

I just found it funny how that one member was painting Hive members as :angelo: when that same page (and on subsequent pages), we saw differently. :skull:

However, I actually do consider Queenyoncee "terrorizing" because miss thing is one of a handful of members infamous for this type of behavior towards the Hold My Oscar chanteuse. :'(

1 hour ago, Pop Art said:

Oh I definitely remember, and I agree much of it was too harsh for what is ultimately just side projects for Bey. (Though I feel like the fact that she keeps having commercial flop after flop with them, coupled with the fact that her streaming presence has cooled down significantly in the last year or two, does indeed speak to her commercial power diminishing, but that's neither her nor there, isn't the topic at hand here, and isn't surprising or necessarily a bad thing given the length of her career.) I also don't really get the constant Oscars shade for her — it's very hard for pop girls to get an Oscar, which speaks highly for those that do, but isn't necessarily a drag for those that don't.

I just found it funny how that one member was painting Hive members as :angelo: when that same page (and on subsequent pages), we saw differently. :skull:

However, I actually do consider Queenyoncee "terrorizing" because miss thing is one of a handful of members infamous for this type of behavior towards the Hold My Oscar chanteuse. :'(

That user is the sole reason people hate beyonce here btw - but they all stand behind them because they'll take the warning points on the chin :deadbanana2:

youkneekorn

Wonder why Miss @Ratviolohasnt corrected the thread title with the correct # of streams on Spotify to 605K? 

youkneekorn

Unifiltered streams 

:rip: 

2 minutes ago, youkneekorn said:

Unifiltered streams 

:rip: 

Tragic

VjG5nKM.gif

1 hour ago, youkneekorn said:

Wonder why Miss @Ratviolohasnt corrected the thread title with the correct # of streams on Spotify to 605K

so its literally on par with flops Be Alive and Beautiful Ghosts. Not a good look for the Shallow singer. 

On 5/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, Delusional said:

Her hit-making times are over imo. Arts not the charts. 

image0.gif

Shallow didn't become a smash hit until 6 months after its release... and nobody could've predicted the success of that song. 

On 5/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Fenty Perry said:

Well, it’s a solo Gaga song 

Like Stupid Love. The objectively mediocre song that leaked 5 weeks before its release and still managed to touch the top 5! Legend behavior. 

AlexStexaul
3 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

Shallow didn't become a smash hit until 6 months after its release... and nobody could've predicted the success of that song. 

shallow was literally #5 in its 2nd week and then topped the charts in UK, AUS , NZ and so on. All happened in a month. 

wrong release date and tactics killed the song.

most of fanbase lost their faith when they see the tuesday release.

On 5/4/2022 at 1:40 PM, Mrnoniee said:

isn't this what she really is ever since 2011? I mean we all know her hit-making days are LONG GONE
she LITERALLY has had ONE SINGLE song which was a hit in a decade (Swallow)
yet her fans paint her to be in the same lame as other relevant girls (which is factually incorrect)

she's been able to stay in press due to SuperBowl, National Anthem and other political or largely covered events but those DO NOT change the fact that her chart power is no more
remove payola machinery (which almost every artist uses) and this is her power to chart.

Gaga is more than a quick hits superstar;

She's undeniably culturally relevant. 

She's the moment at whichever event she attends.

She's responsible for the success of two recent box office SMASHES. 

And more importantly, she's T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D, and the GP knows it.

Believe me, if she actually cared about manufactured radio hits, she'd be able to get them.

The singles she does release are barely ever radio friendly so aren't guaranteed to smash;

Pop music is also no longer her forte (Stupid Love), and I don't think she enjoys making it as much.

But we're happy with the colossal Oscar-winning hit, Shallow, and who knows? Hold My Hand may soon join its ranks.

gaga-violet.gif

12 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

Lol yes it is they stopped streaming today

having a successful movie soundtrack isn't easy. i don't know what ur talking about

26 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

shallow was literally #5 in its 2nd week and then topped the charts in UK, AUS , NZ and so on. All happened in a month. 

wrong release date and tactics killed the song.

most of fanbase lost their faith when they see the tuesday release.

What I'm saying is that nobody knows what will happen. It might become a slow burn organic hit. But give it credit for debuting with the numbers it did... didn't that Cats song and Beyonce's recent soundtrack attempts debut with much lower than this? 

On 5/4/2022 at 7:31 PM, Artistofthedecade said:

Taylor didn't even announce Beautiful Ghosts. 

Another OST from Taylor debuted with 1.15M same year. 

sG0sS1x.gif

You mean the song tied to the film that premiered at Sundance almost a week in advance...

Taylor-Swift-Miss-Americana.jpg

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-33-45-PM.png

...and with the backing of one of the LARGEST streaming services of 2020...

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-34-45-PM.png

...and had a FRIDAY release...

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-35-33-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-36-25-PM.png

....and with hype from the original Sundance premiere...

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/taylor-swift-documentary-miss-americana-netflix-a4343706.html

...had a bigger debut? :smile:

I'd be really surprised if it didn't given the frantic media blitz, Ms. ArtistofthePASTdecade. :gaycat4:

OT: The song is growing on me but I don't expect it to be as big of a hit as Shallow. I think the streams will improve with the movies release but I don't think the streams will improve to the point of Shallow's success. Maybe an Edge of Glory-sized hit? 

2 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

You mean the song tied to the film that premiered at Sundance almost a week in advance...

Taylor-Swift-Miss-Americana.jpg

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-33-45-PM.png

...and with the backing of one of the LARGEST streaming services of 2020...

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-34-45-PM.png

...and had a FRIDAY release...

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-35-33-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-9-36-25-PM.png

....and with hype from the original Sundance premiere...

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/taylor-swift-documentary-miss-americana-netflix-a4343706.html

...had a bigger debut? :smile:

I'd be really surprised if it didn't given the frantic media blitz, Ms. ArtistofthePASTdecade. :gaycat4:

Yeah i mean that song from 2019, the time Spotify had like 50% less users but i guess you forget to list that between others. 

Anyways, Taylor is releasing her new OST tomorrow which is a re-recording song from her 2014 album. Since it has no Sundance fest, documentary or Netflix attached to it, there is no way it would outstream Hold My Hand, right? 

Otherwise, it would be "really shocking" , wouldn't it? :gaycat4:

Let's see how things are going THIS DECADE, i will let you know in 2 days, Ms. Kudmips7890. 

sG0sS1x.gif

24 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Yeah i mean that song from 2019, the time Spotify had like 50% less users but i guess you forget to list that between others. 

Anyways, Taylor is releasing her new OST tomorrow which is a re-recording song from her 2014 album. Since it has no Sundance fest, documentary or Netflix attached to it, there is no way it would outstream Hold My Hand, right? 

Otherwise, it would be "really shocking" , wouldn't it? :gaycat4:

Let's see how things are going THIS DECADE, i will let you know in 2 days, Ms. Kudmips7890. 

sG0sS1x.gif

A song from 2019 released in 2020...is a song released in 2020 :toofunny2:

The 2020 timeframe it was released in was also NOT "like 50% less users." I know the actual number but I'll let YOU also figure out the actual number :toofunny2:

A number which shockingly can be made up for with a Sundance, Netflix-backed film release, and a media blitz! :ahh:

I'm gonna show my ignorance here and say I don't really know what constitutes an OST. For me, it's a collection of songs for an album, whether it's a score or a song written by a particular artist for that piece of media. I'm gonna say "This Love" is NOT OST because a this 2014 song was not written for that series. 

But anyway...no. It wouldn't be "really shocking" at all given Amazon Prime's reach:

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-10-32-05-PM.pn

It's even used in the trailer :ahh:

I-I-

Is the trailer trending right now? Is the promo for it just...THERE? 

:ahh:

The promotion is right there and let's not EVEN forget the proper FRIDAY release. Hold My Hand has a few retweet moments and it's not even used yet in ANY of the Top Gun trailers! :toofunny2:

Please do let me know in TWO days after it's released on a FRIDAY which you forgot to mention :toofunny2:

I also very MUCH am hoping the song outstreams Hold My Hand given that she's in the TOP TEN right now for most streamed artists :toofunny2:

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-10-56-55-PM.pn

With ALL OF THIS, if you report back anything LESS than 4x what Hold My Hand does I- :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Really surprised THIS is the comeback you had. Top Gun is MORE than three weeks out at the moment I type this out and Hold My Hand has nothing but an unconventional release data and Twitter mentions right now :toofunny2:

PLEASE let me know if it does OUTSTREAM THIS DECADE, Ms. FlatearthercollaboratorofthePASTdecade.

sG0sS1x.gif

All these OGHs dragging HMH after 2 days... Maybe you guys could wait after the movie's premiere or Oscars 2023. :skull: 

:gaygacat4:

5 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

A song from 2019 released in 2020...is a song released in 2020 :toofunny2:

The 2020 timeframe it was released in was also NOT "like 50% less users." I know the actual number but I'll let YOU also figure out the actual number :toofunny2:

A number which shockingly can be made up for with a Sundance, Netflix-backed film release, and a media blitz! :ahh:

I'm gonna show my ignorance here and say I don't really know what constitutes an OST. For me, it's a collection of songs for an album, whether it's a score or a song written by a particular artist for that piece of media. I'm gonna say "This Love" is NOT OST because a this 2014 song was not written for that series. 

But anyway...no. It wouldn't be "really shocking" at all given Amazon Prime's reach:

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-10-32-05-PM.pn

It's even used in the trailer :ahh:

I-I-

Is the trailer trending right now? Is the promo for it just...THERE? 

:ahh:

The promotion is right there and let's not EVEN forget the proper FRIDAY release. Hold My Hand has a few retweet moments and it's not even used yet in ANY of the Top Gun trailers! :toofunny2:

Please do let me know in TWO days after it's released on a FRIDAY which you forgot to mention :toofunny2:

I also very MUCH am hoping the song outstreams Hold My Hand given that she's in the TOP TEN right now for most streamed artists :toofunny2:

Screen-Shot-2022-05-05-at-10-56-55-PM.pn

With ALL OF THIS, if you report back anything LESS than 4x what Hold My Hand does I- :ahh::ahh::ahh:

Really surprised THIS is the comeback you had. Top Gun is MORE than three weeks out at the moment I type this out and Hold My Hand has nothing but an unconventional release data and Twitter mentions right now :toofunny2:

PLEASE let me know if it does OUTSTREAM THIS DECADE, Ms. FlatearthercollaboratorofthePASTdecade.

sG0sS1x.gif

So you had to type all of that because there is a very high chance of Taylor's re-recording of 2014 album track outstreaming Gaga's brand new song... 

It was bad, it was really baaaad

sG0sS1x.gif

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

So you had to type all of that because there is a very high chance of Taylor's re-recording of 2014 album track outstreaming Gaga's brand new song... 

sG0sS1x.gif

The way you dodged ALL my points

sG0sS1x.gif

By the way, still wondering how a 2019 song released in 2020 is not a song released in 2020. :toofunny2:

sG0sS1x.gif

I truly, truly hope it outstreams. I'll see you in two days! :heart:

youkneekorn

The first week success of songs like these are based on the artists power. After this if the song succeeds it’s based on the movies success and hence has little to do with Miss Lady Gaga directly. The success of ASIB vs Chromatica proved this very conclusively already but this is confirmation. I admit I think the song will be a success after the movie is out later this month and becomes a big summer hit. But at that point it will be all: 

#ThankYouTomCruise 

#ThankYouTopGun

#ThankYouScientology 

OT: How did the song do on day 3? Crack the top 200 on Spotify? 

Edited by youkneekorn

On 5/4/2022 at 6:34 AM, mael said:

Yes Gaga, yes streams!

xU5cQge.gif

Is that Ellie Goulding?

People really ruling this song out already really haven’t learned anything have they :dies:

Like don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting it to go to number one or something like Shallow did, but obviously the song will be bigger in the coming weeks than it is right now :rip: 

I also never anticipated Shallow getting that huge either :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.