The Color Game 13 | And The Winner Is.. ?

DevonRoars

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DevonRoars

• Not Like The Movies

• Invisibility

• Douglas Booth

Xfgje38.png

ENTRIES

@99sandthe2000s Janelle Monáe

JANELLE MONÁE Covers Bustle Magazine's September 2018 Issue

592d0d7f-d5a6-4b47-825b-35fdfd0c5ab8-bustle_janellemonae_04_0500_a.jpg?w=375&h=250&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format,compress

Family don't end with blood" - Tumblr Blog Gallery

@Douglas Booth    Lady Gaga

lady-gaga-gaga.gif

Lady-GaGa-lady-gaga-31936934-500-280.gif

tumblr_pu1ip7Ifsa1wnae1yo1_540.gifv

@Invisibility   Issa Lish

IS5_0358.jpg

OaNukCV.jpg

@Not Like The Movies     Beyoncé 

6SzUHj2.png

UVgOSuB.png

A YELLOW EXPLOSION. BEY IS SERVING LEMONADE REALNESS IN THIS BRIGHT AND VIBRANT YELLOW CUSTOM-MADE  ATELIER VERSACE JUMPSUIT AND MATCHING ACCESSORIES. 

@Ryan BTE    Jennifer Lopez

womp womp

@Speezy    Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar

Cardi-B-Hair-Makeup-2018-Met-Gala.jpg

what-to-expect-met-gala-theme-5.jpg

840_560.jpg

00-promo-image-cardi-b.jpg

@Thanatos    Leonie Hanne

YjzP0TY.jpg

8aade12ce9cf3369cadec5cb7649b8df61d9cc995d0dbc1f63c983f33b6eb4e97ac44ca080c57b99

Results: tomorrow, 2PM est

@kipperskipper @Jai @CBC @D e v o n @Yvess 

Hmm interesting! 

Xfgje38.png

sHvpQVu.png

Yellow ladies

qRJz51j.png

stzvOmD.jpggHq1CzB.jpgr4L2iYU.jpg

@CBC @Jai @D e v o n @Yvess @kipperskipper

Jennifer Lopez @Ryan BTE
Winner.

Janelle Monáe @99sandthe2000s
I feel like the shape is a mess. The top is super exaggerated which I enjoy but then the skirt is just flat with those linear strings of tulle and then there's again a lot of tulle at the end. Some trousers would make this much cuter.

Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar @Speezy
Yellow... well you do look stunning. The jewels are just beautiful.

Leonie Hanne @Thanatos
I like it but the top part has a weird shape. It's very flat and thin compared to the exaggerated bottom.

Beyoncé @Not Like The Movies
I really like this outfit. The jewellery and the pins really complete this look.

Lady Gaga @Douglas Booth
F*ck yeah! I needed this so bad. Turning a yellow tape into fashion isn't easy but that is what you did. I love it!

Issa Lish @Invisibility
I really like this. The shape fits you really well and the black parts give you edge and a nice contrast with the rest.

B I M I N I

1304349.jpg

@99sandthe2000s - I Love the intent with where texture is played with on this dress. 

@Douglas Booth - I was hoping you would've went with a 2013 or 2018 ensemble. This is okay. 

@Invisibility - I actually really love this; its so delicate looking but also so structured at the same time. Also in love with the choice of a pale-yellow.

@Not Like The Movies - Extra points for not having on a gown(which you all seem to love to give to us every ball) This stands out amongst the group. 

@Ryan BTE - jennifer-lopez-wears-yellow-gown-hustler

@Speezy - This is really pretty gold look.

@Thanatos - You look pretty.

Edited by Jai

Me having Jai stanning?? Thanks!

The judges tryna be shady when

Light yellow, Banana Meat yellow exists 

il_fullxfull.1020323304_seje.jpg

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

gworls I came with receipts and I hope one y’all is not colorblind cause I cannot afford a WP and fight error 503 

ffffed.png

like banana a milkshake yellow. Plastic earring backs yellow . Where is the color diversity ?

2 hours ago, Speezy said:

The judges tryna be shady when

Light yellow, Banana Meat yellow exists

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

gworls I came with receipts and I hope one y’all is not colorblind cause I cannot afford a WP and fight error 503 

The pastel yellowphobia has to end

thank you judges x 

Gaga did not eat as much as i hoped today, but i did what i had to do with limited catalogue when it comes to yellow:gaycat6:

Where are the other critiques :gaycat3:

xCa3n4L.jpg

@99sandthe2000s - GAG!! MY WINNER!

@Douglas Booth - This was a polarizing pick. I DO like the campiness of it all, but it's hard to look past what it is...which is caution tape wrapped around her body.

@Invisibility - I LIKE this. Not the strongest this round, kinda meh.

@Not Like The Movies - This is OK. Beyonce loves this silhouette huh? A big hat, body suit, and cape to go with it. Reminds me of the green look.

@Ryan BTE - 

@Speezy - I do think this is more pale-yellow than white. Anyways, this is a SERVE. I do wish more was done to the train. It's kinda giving satin baggy sheets.

@Thanatos - Cool, but this is like the 5th time Leonie's worn this dress but in a different color.

50 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

@Not Like The Movies - This is OK. Beyonce loves this silhouette huh? A big hat, body suit, and cape to go with it. Reminds me of the green look.

but all those silhouettes are designed AND styled differently so I don't see your point miss lana... a jumpsuit and a cat suit isnt the same thing and the capes are very different but OK! ill send a basic yellow gown next! 

6SzUHj2.png

2e64b57fbad30d0a9d439970fa706e13.jpg

39 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

but all those silhouettes are designed AND styled differently so I don't see your point miss lana... a jumpsuit and a cat suit isnt the same thing and the capes are very different but OK! ill send a basic yellow gown next! 

I'm not hating, just fact stating:fan:

85d3c11a7f059bd1042b609bee0c9c9603c4ec54

a474204f0b8b641555745f8e23bb456c.jpg

0cc9520d14b8c98c337f6fa6f66401102c4ebbb0

6SzUHj2.png

41 minutes ago, kipperskipper said:

I'm not hating, just fact stating:fan:

85d3c11a7f059bd1042b609bee0c9c9603c4ec54

a474204f0b8b641555745f8e23bb456c.jpg

0cc9520d14b8c98c337f6fa6f66401102c4ebbb0

6SzUHj2.png

yes she love hats and capes/jackets but they're all different types :gaycat3:

Janelle Monae

I like the bulky pieces, but the middle break part does not look good. The bulky piece is so heavy it’s dragging down and stretching the fabric in a very unflattering way. Bell bottoms into those bulky pieces on each leg would be more impactful. Or just a different fabric for the middle? I still love the drama of it all.

Lady Gaga

My immediate thought was “what the ****” but I mean.. it’s camp. So.. it’s fine. I do like how the t’s are coming off as crosses and making the whole look a little sacrilegious.  

Issa Lish

I love the pops of black with this bright yellow.

Beyoncé 

The throw over feels like an afterthought — which is what I say about all of them — but the main garment looks great and the yellow is very vibrant.

Cardi B

Not a huge fan of the bustle and how dull the yellow looks, but she looks good. It kind of reminds me of a gold Beyoncé look where she also wore a crown.. and I think was pregnant? 

Leonie Hanne

The queen of tulle. It’s a nice dress I really like how this is built. Pretty interesting overall.

@99sandthe2000s  

@Douglas Booth 

@Invisibility 

@Not Like The Movies 

@Speezy 

@Thanatos

Thanks! Hopefully having the shortest critique is a positive :smallflower:

279535265_1172540323500105_7241724442026

Janelle Monae

Not the biggest fan of this look for sure. It kind of looks unflattering tbh.

Lady Gaga

Queen of CAMP!

Issa Lish

This is perfection!

Beyoncé 

Love this shade of yellow. So vibrant and sunshine-y which made the garment look more exciting to look at. I just kind of get tired with the hats?

Cardi B

This is cute but kind of bores me as I look longer on the details. Cute hair moment there btw.

Leonie Hanne

She looks so queenly in this tulle dress. You can never go wrong with that.@CBC @Jai @D e v o n @Yvess @kipperskipper

@99sandthe2000s  

@D e v o n

@Douglas Booth 

@Invisibility 

@Not Like The Movies 

@Speezy 

@Thanatos

im on mobile and just came back from a birthday break/vacay so apologies for not having a neat crits format. will fix asap xoxo

mess if I do worse than some damn caution tape I will fume because this is crazy. 

50 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

mess if I do worse than some damn caution tape I will fume because this is crazy. 

Tea cause caution tape ate us up 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.