HTE not even ONE album track at 100M streams, over 9 months later. Why?

Post Malone

Since most people seem to have already forgotten, early-2019 chanteuse Billie Eilish released her 2nd studio album Happier Than Ever in July last year, over 9 months ago.

Today, after seeing the TikTok-ready 2 minutes-long edit of its title track still sitting comfortably in TTH for a 275th consecutive day, I decided to take a look at the album's streams. I was surprised to find the album's non singles, as well as most of its 6(?) TTH-topping singles, exhibiting underwhelming numbers:

As shown above, the album's most streamed non-single has 92M streams, and the least streamed one is sitting at an embarrassing 38m streams. Moreover, some of the album's tracks have already fallen below 100k recurrent streams, which is on par with b-lister albums released years ago such as Sweetener or Rare. It is also noticeable that full singles such as My Future and Lost Cause are doing just above 200k daily, which is pretty bad for recurrent streams of just year-old high TTH-topping singles with full on MVs and radio deals.

In comparison, since Olivia is often considered a peer of Billie, SOUR was released around the same time of HTE and has its album tracks spanning between 500M to 180M streams, 4-5 TIMES Billie's album track streams(!).

The latest albums from Ariana, Doja, Olivia, Dua and even Miley managed to score at least one up to several 100M-streamed album tracks. Why couldn't Billie achieve the same nearly a year after release, despite it being an undeniably highly promoted era and Spotify-pushed in particular? Who are Billie's peers now considering this information?

6ekkuTf.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Post Malone

• Perfect Crime

• gustavothehuman

• Billionaire

Did this really need a thread?

Not My Responsibility is an interlude :rip: close to 3 billion streams is great not bad - obviously she won't reach her peak with this album. 

3 billion and still 4 million daily is really good. Certainly not the flop that everyone makes it out to be

Still more than what any Familia OR twelve carat toothache album track will ever get

6ekkuTf.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

3 billion and still 4 million daily is really good. Certainly not the flop that everyone makes it out to be

A lot of that is from the 6 singles on this thing though. Looking at the non singles themselves, they must stand on like 50-60M on average, which is much worse than so called flop eras such as Positions and more close to b-lister albums like Chromatica

• Haha 1

Just now, Billionaire said:

Still more than what any Familia OR twelve carat toothache album track will ever get

6ekkuTf.gif

Bookmarked

6ekkuTf.gif6ekkuTf.gif

The album only has 2.7B streams?

:rip:

I have to laugh at the CIGARETTES in here saying “~3B streams isn’t bad”.

First of all, if this were an album by Rihanna, Beyoncé or Taylor Swift, everyone would be screaming it’s a flop (though they’re held to higher standards). 

“WWFA…” moved 8B+ streams. Whatever the case, the drop in streams is near drastic for a 2021 release especially considering Dua Lipa’s sophomore album is almost as streamed as much as her first, the latter of which is the most streamed female album ever. 

:toofunny2:

Anyhow, the longevity of “HTE” was botched by its absolutely horrific release strategy. 

Had she dropped just one or two singles prior to album release then the album, as a whole, would’ve garnered more interest equalling in stronger streaming distribution between singles and album tracks. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

it's a bomb era, why did everyone forget it was? cuz HTE - radio edit was a cute quick hit? :ahh: she's a FAD 

Omg I follow that Billie stats Twitter too! You're SUCH a stan :heart2:

bad album, the alanis of this generation except with not even 1/25 of the talent

The album's success is highly overhyped on ATRL, we all knew she was never gonna match her debut but the album's performance is still very underwhelming given the amount of singles and promo, I expected a Planet Her level of success, the fact that WWAFA was so huge that it was able to make her debut EP humongous, but not her sophomore is kind of weird.

But girl you're way too obsessed with Billie :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Perfect Crime said:

Omg I follow that Billie stats Twitter too! You're SUCH a stan :heart2:

I even streamed this album a bit but that didn't seem to help :dancehall:

Isn’t it at #14 at like it’s 36th week on the BB200? That’s super successful, not a smash. But it’s definitely not a flop. 

6 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The album only has 2.7B streams?

I have to laugh at the CIGARETTES in here saying “~3B streams isn’t bad”.

First of all, if this were an album by Rihanna, Beyoncé or Taylor Swift, everyone would be screaming it’s a flop (though they’re held to higher standards). 

“WWFA…” moved 8B+ streams. Whatever the case, the drop in streams is near drastic for a 2021 release especially considering Dua Lipa’s sophomore album is almost as streamed as much as her first, the latter of which is the most streamed female album ever. 

:toofunny2:

Anyhow, the longevity of “HTE” was botched by its absolutely horrific release strategy. 

Had she dropped just one or two singles prior to album release then the album, as a whole, would’ve garnered more interest equalling in stronger streaming distribution between singles and album tracks.

Taylor's biggest album has 4 billion streams, Beyoncé and Rihanna don't even have an album above 3 billion as far as I remember. How come they would be dragged for pulling 2.7 billion? Specially considering they're all veterans.

Also, I don't get the Dua Lipa comparison, her music is far more commercial, she gets much bigger push from her label (specially on radio) and let's not forget those quick little deluxe editions that inflate numbers.

I do agree it's an underperformance and that poor single choices are to blame but let's not act like this album was a major bomb, it's on the way to 2x Platinum and the title track will be reaching 1 billion streams with both versions combined.

4 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

Isn’t it at #14 at like it’s 36th week on the BB200? That’s super successful, not a smash. But it’s definitely not a flop. 

Actually it had just left the top 30 back in March until it got a boost from the Grammys recently. From early Feb: ...24-21-21-26-29-29-31-29-*Grammy night*-17-17-14. It'll go back to where it left off (clinging to the edge of the top 30 for dear life) in a couple weeks. :-*

7 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

I even streamed this album a bit but that didn't seem to help :dancehall:

billie_OBSESSED indeed

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Anyway it's cute that you tried to sneak this thread in literally 1-2 weeks before Billie Bossa Nova hits 100M. Also you using Sunday stats to make the numbers look worse :ahh: 

Edited by Perfect Crime

7 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

It literally just surpassed Positions' weeks in the t20 like :skull: 

OP should worry about how Familia is serving OUT-OUT on every chart & how twelve carat toothache will likely do the same

6ekkuTf.gif6ekkuTf.gif6ekkuTf.gif

Edited by Billionaire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.