Kehlani: "Noel Gallagher can kiss my ass. Harry Styles worked his ass off!"

More Than A Melody

There have been many life-changing moments in Kehlani’s career, with one of the earliest coming in their involvement with the teen group PopLyfe. In 2011, when she was 16, the band auditioned for and appeared on America’s Got Talent, ending up in fourth place on their season. The connections she made through that experience led to the singer to find success in their own right, with judge Nick Cannon becoming a mentor and benefactor outside of the show as she worked on their first independent releases.

Kehlani says she didn’t face much snobbery over the fact that she appeared on the show – “people just brought up how I looked and I was 16 years old; I don’t know what they expected of a mid-puberty teenager” – but attitudes towards artists who get their start on TV shows still aren’t always all-embracing. Earlier this month, Noel Gallagher blasted Harry Styles as not a “real” musician because he found fame via appearing on The X Factor.

Kehlani scoffs when NME tells them about Noel’s comments: “That person – whoever that is – can kiss my ass. They might as well call me inauthentic and I’m about as authentic as it gets. [Harry] worked his ass off to make people fall in love with him on national TV and be lumped in with a group of boys and still had to stand out from an entire group of people. That’s as authentic as it gets!”

With a self-deprecating laugh, she adds: “I’m a Harry Styles fan, clearly, but watching the transformation that he’s taken to find his own songs and his own voice, own persona, own fluidity and image – I think he’s been brave and epic. He’s ******* tight.”

nme-cover-2022-kehlani-image10@2160x2700

Kehlani for NME

She is right :cm:

imagine saying someone isn't a real musician because they started on TV :dies:

But he always had drunken-like comments ...like when he said that Blur should catch AIDS and die..

Old men from British rock groups and so obnoxious. I only ever see this person’s name brought up alongside a currently popular artist and some bullshit he’s said about them. Keep young, thriving talent out of your musty, bitter, baked beans on toast smelling mouth.

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Old men from British rock groups and so obnoxious. I only ever see this person’s name brought up alongside a currently popular artist and some bullshit he’s said about them. Keep young, thriving talent out of your musty, bitter, baked beans on toast smelling mouth.

:clap3::clap3:

I don't know who Kehlani is but I stan from this moment on.

2 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

A legend

The Advice songstress told no lies.

19 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

stream her music 

Thank me later

That Old hag always shade and dislike young artist. 

Liam Gallagher >>>>>>>> 

The Honey & Up All Night R&Bstress told no lies 

So she's literally admitted a delusional fan just like the ones we have here on ATRL. Next. :cm:

27 minutes ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

That Old hag always shade and dislike young artist. 

Liam Gallagher >>>>>>>> 

Noel Gallagher jealous era

05e4fc1d-349e-4aa4-8873-c555d9be3fea.jpg

Definitely Maybe alone bodies her entire catalogue so idk why she’s entering the fray on this as if her opinion matters. She had potential back in the day but hasn’t had a song with a pulse since Sweet Sexy Savage. It’s all so pretentious, boring & lifeless. She’s not an excellent songwriter, singer, performer or instrumentalist. There are hundreds of artists just like her doing what she does a million times better. But get those streams from the devout Harry stans, I guess

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

Noel Gallagher jealous era

05e4fc1d-349e-4aa4-8873-c555d9be3fea.jpg

Kiii the fact that Nöel probably only dragged him because Liam is friends with him :toofunny3: These old bitter kweens 

But not the “whoever he is” when Kehlani isnot even famous and Wonderwall alone is worth more than her whole career

47 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Kiii the fact that Nöel probably only dragged him because Liam is friends with him :toofunny3: These old bitter kweens 

He wanted seabass too

Liam, 47 today, says: “I was in the studio with Harry, I f***ing love that geezer.

"I was telling him about when I was in Marks & Spencer and I was getting seabass for a week.

"This little old lady was in there and she was looking at all the seabass. She was about 90.”

But when the lady started filling her basket with nearly all the shop’s supply, Liam joked that he had to take action before she cleared the shelves: “I’m a seabass assassin so I stole it.

"She was taking all the fish. I couldn’t have that.”

At the time, Liam had thought Harry hadn’t been interested in the story commenting “Harry was like ‘oh right’, he was just looking at his painted fingernails.”

But then a scaley surprise turned up at his house.

“Anyway two days later a big bag of seabass comes to my studio, the door goes, ding dong, and it’s three grands worth of seabass.

"It’s from Panzer’s Deli in St John’s Wood. It’s top fish.

“He’s gone and got it and hand-­delivered it. We weren’t in the studio when he did it, so we got it sent over to the house.”

He adds: “I love that man but it was too much for our fridge, so I gave it to my brother Paul.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/harry-styles-reels-liam-gallagher-20132135

3 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

The way yall say this about any artist and don’t actually listen or support their music :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.