• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• dirrtydiana

• oilheiress

• anklebiterrs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of their gayness is a projection by fans and haters alike though. This is what I don’t get with the “queer-baiting” rhetoric, no one is tricking you. These people never say they are gay. If people where truly disgusted with them embracing “gay aesthetics” (whatever that is) they would simply unstan, but no. People willingly support these people and give them careers, then turn around and act as though they were tricked into supporting them…it’s so weird. Remember when the whole thing was having straight men be comfortable embracing femininity to remove stigma from queerness, now it’s like let’s gate-keep wearing dresses? Lol. 

good for him and his views straight from the 1990s where only flamboyant gays can wear something else than a black suit :clap3:

Chalamet doesn't even have a "queer" aesthetic in the same vein as Styles, so his inclusion doesn't make sense to me. His style is very obviously "masculine", just unconventional :clown: 

Just now, Khal said:

Chalamet doesn't even have a "queer" aesthetic in the same vein as Styles, so his inclusion doesn't make sense to me. His style is very obviously "masculine", just unconventional :clown: 

out of all the things harry has done "sitting in a swamp" for a photoshoot should be one of the last things that could be called queer-baity about him as well.. he made no points.

How is Timothee a gay baiter?

Okay and who is this person that we should care about and make a thread in Celebria?

Gays: we need to stop toxic masculinity, allow men to be soft and feminine, sexuality is a spectrum, etc. etc.

Also gays: stop being fluid because I have zero chance to be with you so I am being baited into beliving I can hookup with you :thing:

Nah Timothee just wear cool stuff, plus he never tried to be ambiguous about his sexuality.

The other one, however....

what did ms timothé do besides play a gay character 5 years ago + dress in a bit of an edgy way lmaoo 'gay baiting' is such a non issue lmao they be throwing yall in jail and or pogroming yall in other parts of the world chile

11 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Okay and who is this person that we should care about and make a thread in Celebria?

Gays: we need to stop toxic masculinity, allow men to be soft and feminine, sexuality is a spectrum, etc. etc.

Also gays: stop being fluid because I have zero chance to be with you so I am being baited into beliving I can hookup with you :thing:

basically this entire post 

Timothee is cool you can tell his style is authentic to himself. Harry on the other hand knows exactly what hes doing. It's very deliberate and performative which is why he gets critiqued often when he does these contrived editorial shoots. What gender boundaries is Harry Styles breaking that Trans people havent already? With Harry its always like the clothes wear him instead of him wearing the clothes. 

Gatekeeping gender expression with harnesses and dresses is stupid but knowing Jerrod, he's projecting cynicism about an industry that's all about attention and would argue both Harry and Timothee are just doing it for clicks and it's not genuine, then would tell any keyboard activists if there's backlash to these comments to focus on bigger problems, like trans kids having to flee Florida and Texas. What makes their form of expression genuine or not is incredibly subjective though and no one can agree on it here or on social media. How Bowie, Prince, or even in the inverse, Grace Jones were able to get away with things like this while being seen as genius I credit to still being relatively new before social media and before gay rights really took off post-Stonewall. Now that we're post Stonewall, Lawrence v. Texas, and Obergefell in gay rights, part of the backlash to that both in and outside the community involves critics projecting different orientations onto those trying to stretch gender norms, which is what we're witnessing and I'd argue will take much longer to sort and resolve.

Harry is gaybaiting yes but Timothee just has a weird & ugly sense of style

Harry’s clothes are not only gay baiting but are also ugly. Just putting on any old dress isn’t fashionable.

RockStarShit101
1 minute ago, anklebiterrs said:

Harry’s clothes are not only gay baiting but are also ugly. Just putting on any old dress isn’t fashionable.

Notice how when they wear dresses, they always choose the ugly ones? I don't get it. I fear that they see ugly = manly so it's somehow okay to wear dresses? now if this turned to be true :lmao:

Hes a comedian and it's a joke and I actually didn't know Jerrod is gay. :rip: Then again I did see him in Hells Kitchen a couple of years ago and he recently came out. He's a good underrated actor.

9 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Gatekeeping gender expression with harnesses and dresses is stupid but knowing Jerrod, he's projecting cynicism about an industry that's all about attention and would argue both Harry and Timothee are just doing it for clicks and it's not genuine, then would tell any keyboard activists if there's backlash to these comments to focus on bigger problems, like trans kids having to flee Florida and Texas. What makes their form of expression genuine or not is incredibly subjective though and no one can agree on it here or on social media. How Bowie, Prince, or even in the inverse, Grace Jones were able to get away with things like this while being seen as genius I credit to still being new before social media and before gay rights really took off post-Stonewall. Now that we're post Stonewall, Lawrence v. Texas, and Obergefell in gay rights, part of the backlash to that both in and outside the community involves critics projecting different orientations onto those trying to stretch gender norms, which is what we're witnessing and I'd argue will take much longer to sort and resolve.

Disagree here. I think the reason those 3 were able to get away with it was because it seemed organic to who they were as people. It feels like Harry is called out more on this because it reads as extremely disingenuous and a clear marketing strategy. 

Who the hell are all these people getting “baited”?:rip: Why would you like a celebrity stranger more just because of their sexuality? 

2 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Disagree here. I think the reason those 3 were able to get away with it was because it seemed organic to who they were as people. It feels like Harry is called out more on this because it reads as extremely disingenuous and a clear marketing strategy. 

I'm not suggesting what those past artists did wasn't organic to them, to be clear. But you're getting at my point. 

I get the cynicism, but I'm not going to immediately assume both Harry and Timothee went to their agents and said "I told my stylists I wanted to wear this Folsom harness and/or grandma boho-chic yarn skirt" and their teams threw up their hands and said "controversy! perfect for clicks, Gen Z's into that, **** it I won't push back let's lean into it". 

Unless there's interviews telegraphing their intentions, I'm not comfortable assuming that's how it went down. Unless their teams cynically know they can use homophobia accusations as a buffer for what is really a cynical marketing tactic.

We simply don't know. If someone has more details on it, please point me to it because I've clearly missed it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.