Tyra Banks comes for RuPaul's wig, debuts reality show about Teen Drag Queens

Bimbo

This is heartfelt and sweet. I am here for it, it will be another glass ceiling destroyed as we rise and come to our own as the lgbt community. 

Right wingers always complain, even during brokeback mountain and milk the movies they protested at the Oscars but the movies destroyed glass ceilings and now stood the test of time. 

We were born this way and all parts of of our existence should be showcased, being gay, bi, lesbian and trans is not to be reduced to a sexual act, we re more than that, its who we are and not something we realize at the age of sexual consent. . 

EDIT: As someone took note, she should incorporate with time homeless teenage drag queens. 

4Eo.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bimbo

• Gov Hooka

• Somnambulist

• Alyssa Edwards

Top Posters In This Topic

This is weird as hell. Drag is not for children. 

5 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

I understand this completely but at the end of the day there is always a level of watering-down content & commercialization that comes with things being apart of the larger zeitgeist.  There is still PLENTY of drag that is underground and thriving, and drag race has brought even more exposure & revenue to those too are more people are interested in drag as a whole.  Milking personal stories has really nothing to do with ru or WOW, they are contestants going on a reality show the point is for the story to be milked. And although there can be different expectations for local queens now depending on the scene youre in the show has given careers and platforms to hundreds of queer performers & artists that were more often than not poor before the show. 

Exactly. 

she was extremely homophobic to my friend who is a butch lesbian producer. I dont trust her

15 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Screaming

15 hours ago, Abel Minaj said:

I still remember the episode of The Tyra Show where she had LGBT people ranking themselves in the hierarchy of the"Gay Kingdom" :rip:

It was SUPER messy. Masc gay and lipstick lesbian were king and queen.

I'm too distracted by the fact this ever aired to even talk about this new show :deadbanana2:I don't even know where to start :rip: 

11 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

The mini Trixie :skull: 

Doesn’t trixie hate kids? Wonder what she thinks about kids in drag 

This could be nice or a mess and I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm not vociferously against teens doing drag nor am I remotely a prude, but just as a part of drag culture this doesn't make sense, unless we're prepared to discuss drag culture's changed to that point, which I'd argue it hasn't. Sexuality or lampooning/cosplaying/praising/mocking it is at the heart of drag I thought, and teens are still figuring out their own.

I'm against anyone under 18 doing reality television, period, nevermind drag. It's exploitative and overdone and stage moms killed the TV genre. Enough. 

16 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Doesn’t trixie hate kids? Wonder what she thinks about kids in drag 

Trixie would pretend to like it to be PC for her brands status to uphold and would admit later to be open to it solely for the drama, then hate it upon realizing Tyra's hosting it, but Katya would convince her to hate it from the jump for being exploitative because she doesn't have as much on the line (and hasn't been cancelled/uncancelled as much already). 

The replies in this thread are ****ing weird - teens are gay. Teens express themselves through art. Teens can do drag. Period. Teens wear goth makeup and wear “weird” clothes already , it’s a form of expression and saying **** like “ew grooming” need to have a seat. You’re playing into propaganda that you can’t separate being gay from being a sex obsessed pedo or something. Leave them alone and let them do their thing. 

Please, no more drag queen ****. The market is saturated.

17 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Screaming

OMG screaming:ahh:

The fact that she starts off bragging about being honoured by GLAAD, and then immediately proceeds to perpetuate stereotypes and pit self-loathing LGBT people against each other based on who they think society sees as the most "normal" or "acceptable". :ahh:

Tyra is a trashy and ignorant charisma uniqueness nerve and talent but she's only a producer and no host it seems?

I hate children but this seems cute to binge when there's nothing else to do. Can't be worse than Drag Race Down Under 1

1 hour ago, InventedGays said:

Being gay and exploring / expressing that isn't sexual by nature. Drag is.  Drag isn't an identiy but a specific art form, and like many art forms there are different topics/audiences that are at it's core. It's unadulterated and is designed around queer adults being able to express a variety of things, sexuality being one of them, through a medium while surrounded by other queer adults that aren't being pressured to meet the "rules" of our hetero society. 

But here you are putting your own rules on an old art form with so many faces (literally) and sub-genres.

At the end it's dressing as a woman or whatever your alter ego is. It's basically queer kids taking their popstar fantasy out of their rooms and into the world. As long as they ain't getting showered with dollars in a night club I don't see the problem?

There are literally 21 year olds (18 in other countries) competing in Drag Race every year. When do you think they learned how to do drag?  Do you think they receive a Hogwarts letter type of thing as soon as they turn legal?

Teens DO dabble in drag and we see them AFTER they pass a certain age on TV. I am totally ok with some origin story type of show. Tyra though... I don't know about that.

Edited by P.O.P

She knew Naomi was gonna in Drag race and queen RAN 

3 hours ago, InventedGays said:

Being gay and exploring / expressing that isn't sexual by nature. Drag is.  Drag isn't an identiy but a specific art form, and like many art forms there are different topics/audiences that are at it's core. It's unadulterated and is designed around queer adults being able to express a variety of things, sexuality being one of them, through a medium while surrounded by other queer adults that aren't being pressured to meet the "rules" of our hetero society. 

Just like any art, drag is going to change and has to. RuPaul's DragRace popularity made that inevitable. It's been around for several years and has already influenced generations. You can't take that or tell them how those inspire by the show are going to express themselves. 

Hell, even IN RuPaul's DragRace, they have queens talking about old drag vs new. 

22 hours ago, tost1 said:

She even looks like ru in that tweet

the irony of it all knowing drag race was/is basically a tyra/antm cosplay... reminds me of Divine stating something along the lines of : "i spent my entire life wanting to look like elizabeth taylor and now elizabeth taylor's the one looking like me" :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, InventedGays said:

It's not "my own" rules, it's literally just what drag is and has been about. Being in the club / involved in the nightlife scene is what drag is, doing makeup for instagram in your bedroom at 14 years old isn't that. It's great expression and is encouraged, but boiling it down to just "dressing up" completely removes the power & significance of drag and why it's a staple in queer culture.  

Teens were/are a part of ballroom and did drag since the beginning anyways so what nonsense is this-

“One of the most famous queer pioneers of electronic dance music is the DJ Frankie Knuckles, also known as “The Godfather of House”. As a teenager Knuckles was a regular at The Loft as well as being part of the Ballroom scene where he met fellow House legend DJ Larry Levan, Levan encouraged Knuckles to start DJ-ing and both played at iconic New York gay clubs such as the Continental Baths and Levan’s own Paradise Garage “

Teens were creating gay history INCLUDING teen drag queens in ballroom, like……….

It's so brave from you to share that story with me today, the fact that they dumped you to the trashcan for being a drag Queen is so hard to me, you know, I can feel your pain, let me tell you, I was 18, I was working in Paris, living in an apartment with 6 other girls, I was ready to shoot for Elle, but the girls were mad at me cuz I was the youngest one a the newest to the city, I was so sad, I feel like a trashcan I saw this little street, and I said to myself "Tyra, you deserve this, you are fierce" and I made of that street a runway, I smiled with my eyes the whole road to the set, I arrived and everyone was so shocked that I ended up getting the cover, you and I are survivors, and I know you will survive this... I'm sorry, but you are eliminated. Saschay Away. 

I hope all these teen are 18 or older. The last thing we need is to give Conservatives more ammunition. Underage kids should NOT be drag queens.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:47 PM, Abel Minaj said:

Masc gay and lipstick lesbian were king and queen.

as they should be :alexz2:

you just know RuPaul shat his sequined and rhinestoned adult diaper finding out :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.