Mahalia - “In the Club”

nooniebao

I like all the songs she's releasing, but I think she's released enough already to make up an album. Where is the album?

19 minutes ago, LightningPH said:

I like all the songs she's releasing, but I think she's released enough already to make up an album. Where is the album?

Who knows? It’s interesting that Letter to Ur Ex and Whatever Simon Says are tacked on to this single on streaming but the 2021 singles (Jealous, Whenever You’re Ready and Roadside) are not. Maybe last year’s singles are droplets and everything we’ve gotten this year is part of a bigger project.

11 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Who knows? It’s interesting that Letter to Ur Ex and Whatever Simon Says are tacked on to this single on streaming but the 2021 singles (Jealous, Whenever You’re Ready and Roadside) are not. Maybe last year’s singles are droplets and everything we’ve gotten this year is part of a bigger project.

Yeah, I get it. The 2021 singles had more edge to them and doesn't really feel one with Letter to Ur Ex and Whatever Simon Says. The recent releases feel more raw and rugged, but not necessarily unpolished.

Another good track !

I'm really enjoying what she's giving us !

I still listen to Love and Compromise, and I can't wait for her to announce a project or something !

And I would appreciate if she put the 2021 singles on the project as bonus tracks !

I can hear the sampling in the chorus and the instrumental sounds familiar too :jamming: Ms. Mahalia doesn't miss!

pop star dancing GIF by Lifetime

her best song, Whenever You're Ready, better be on the album or else :biblio:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Acoustic/piano performances of In the Club and a cover of Tears in the Club by FKA Twigs/The Weeknd for BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge.

this is straight out of early 00s :jonny5: one of her bests

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.