ATRL, Is This Katy Perry-related Tweet True? Thoughts?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

29 minutes ago, KMO said:

As soon as monsters learn to take a joke as well as they take d*ck, the pop music community will forever be a better place

I- :skull:

OT- I hear this song in stores all the time :celestial2:

2 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Never found this song a hit material. Always sounded like a cuta album track to me.

She hasn't released anything good or semi successful since, so the fans look back at NRO with fondness and as their last hope

31 minutes ago, KMO said:

As soon as monsters learn to take a joke as well as they take d*ck, the pop music community will forever be a better place

You can be good at it too sis, the secret is douching! :hug:

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

:rip:

OT: I agree. Her best song since TOTGA but then she followed it with the turd Small Tank.

3 hours ago, zoldyck said:

This song was #1 on TTH, so they did what they could do with it. And it gave her second biggest hit post-2015.

But your fandom always says that's not promotion.

"Taylor was promoting her biggest ME!ss" :bibliahh:

OT: I agree, she had one chance. Her label didn't push this as her first single since she has no enough songs for an album, and they were testing waters to see what stick into the GP, the funny part is everything went worse and worse after NRO :rip:

By that time everyone was saying she was flopping, but in fact, she had two top 30 songs for multiple weeks :deadbanana4:

I didn't like it at the time and still think she's capable of better, but it definitely grew on me. She didn't deserve to flop that hard though.

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

:skull: 

No this tweet is not true.

Katy's issue was never competition and that's outlined by the overall performance of the song (though I know it was a decent sized hit in its own right). 

All of the people mentioned were releasing during the time that Katy was getting #1 after #1, so why would them taking a break matter?

The issue is partially song quality/content, but mostly branding. She needed to either go back to what people loved her for, or evolve into something that was very her but still current. Here, she was a different Katy but only in the aesthetic specifics. Long blonde hair, 1970s vibes. That's more costume than character. Whether those ladies were active or not, she should have come back fully formed not just with what felt like bonus material.

Capitol clearly thought they could do better performance wise than NRO, and well... they were wrong. :rip: If they invested in it like they did Small Talk, it could have been a cute radio hit and maybe scraped the Top 10 for a week or two.

I really don't know how that one didn't take off, though

zoldyck

The song could've been a slow grower but by the time it peaked in the top 15 of radio, her label KILLED it for "Small Flop" and began a chain of flops for her that she ultimately would never recover from

Mess at ME! outpeaking this though - quality really lost

This was her It's Like That. People were checking for her again

She needed a We Belong Together and it unfortunately wasn't there.

Not them accusing Shallow of being payola'd when in reality it was actually NRO that was mysteriously #1 on TTH despite making no noise anywhere else. :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.