Margot debuts as Barbie; to win Oscar

nostalgia

“Barbie” is parking her pink convertible in U.S. theaters on July 21, 2023.

The release date for the much-anticipated live-action adventure from the iconic doll, played by Margot Robbie with a star-studded supporting cast, was announced on Tuesday during the Warner Bros. presentation at Las Vegas’ CinemaCon.

Notably, this movie will open against Christopher Nolan’s sprawling ensemble film “Oppenheimer” — but Barbie came to play, and has a dream cast of her own. Ryan Gosling, Kate McKinnon, Alexandra Shipp, America Ferrera, Simu Liu, “And Just Like That” actor Hari Nef and Will Ferrell all co-star in the reimagining of Barbie’s world.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/margot-robbie-barbie-release-date-1235241864/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Champagne

• SoExcited19

• iammadmat

• GraceRandolph

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Belinda was gonna play Barbie or her friend. She would’ve been a better fit. Margot is a little too old to be Barbie.

Wasn’t Amy Schumer supposed to be Barbie? :rip: I feel like Amy would have actually have been funny in this, but I love Margot too. She is so gorgeous :alexz:

A "Barbie" movie directed by Greta Gerwig

Margot beautiful and talented though

Looks gorgeous and definitely a contender for best comfort movie of the year :nicole2:

29 minutes ago, SoExcited19 said:

I thought Belinda was gonna play Barbie or her friend. She would’ve been a better fit. Margot is a little too old to be Barbie.

Belinda is 32... Margot is 31... girl

What an ensemble cast! This is from the powerhouse couple that brought us Slaybird, A Marriage Legend, and Little Queens. I’m ready! 

Bookmarked :mandown:

I don’t have high hopes for this film but at least I think the movie will not be bad and actually can be enjoyable if you are in a certain mood 

"to win Oscar"??? :psyduck:

Yeah she's not winning an Oscar for this :rip: Maybe for Babylon, but not this.

I can see this being acclaimed though since Greta Gerwig is attached to it. She wins either way :clap3:

Edited by Billionaire

MadonnasBoyfriend
3 hours ago, Champagne said:

Wasn’t Amy Schumer supposed to be Barbie? :rip: I feel like Amy would have actually have been funny in this

but shes not funny... :gayriahcat1: i dont think shes ever made me laugh even once tbh

OT: What is this mess some Life Size rehash? Go make a REAL movie..

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Is it going to be a joker esque shoot where they take ax trivial icon and make it artsy 

1 hour ago, Glassmouth said:

Belinda is 32... Margot is 31... girl

I feel like Margot has been 31 for the last five years

just imagined amy schumer in this same exact picture and bust out laughing

43 minutes ago, infrared said:

Is it going to be a joker esque shoot where they take ax trivial icon and make it artsy 

well joker is...todd phillips

barbie is queen gerwig

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

but shes not funny... :gayriahcat1: i dont think shes ever made me laugh even once tbh

Fair. I guess everyone has a different opinion on who is or isn’t funny. I just thought she could put a funny spin on the classic Barbie with her self-deprecating humor lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.