Handle Me - 3:39
No Idea - 2:54
Solid - 2:21
Anything But Me - 3:33
Loose Garment - 3:10
Shooting Star - 3:52

CREDITS

Spoiler

Silk Chiffon - MUNA, Naomi McPherson, Katie Gavin, Josette Maskin, Ian Fitchuk & Daniel Tashian
What I Want - Katie Gavin, Leland, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Runner's High - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Home By Now - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Kind of Girl - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Handle Me - Katie Gavin, Josette Maskin & Naomi McPherson
No Idea - Katie Gavin, Mitski Miyawaki, Josette Maskin & Naomi McPherson
Solid - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Anything But Me - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Loose Garment - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin
Shooting Star - Katie Gavin, Naomi McPherson & Josette Maskin

ABOUT
MUNA, the band’s self-titled third album, is more than a return. The band’s period of uncertainty and open questioning burned everything away, leaving a feat of an album — the forceful, deliberate, dimensional output of a band who has nothing to prove to anyone except themselves. The synth on “What I Want” scintillates like a Robyn dance-floor anthem; “Anything But Me,” galloping in 12/8, gives off Shania Twain in eighties neon; “Kind of Girl,” with its soaring, plaintive The Chicks chorus, begs to be sung at max volume with your best friends. MUNA is working the source code of pop that pulls at your heartstrings; the album is full of longing and revelation and hard-won freedom. They’d made their first album themselves, with free plugins, in a home studio; they’d made the second one in proper sessions with co-producers, thinking they ought to professionalize. With MUNA, they did it all by themselves again, with newfound creative assurance and technical ability — in terms of McPherson and Maskin’s arrangements and production as well as Gavin’s songwriting, which is as propulsive as ever, but here opens up into new moments of perspective and grace.

“What ultimately keeps us together,” Maskin said, “is knowing that someone’s going to hear each one of these songs and use it to make a change they need in their life. That people are going to feel a kind of catharsis, even if it’s a catharsis that I might never have known myself, because I’m ****** up.” McPherson added, “I hope this album helps people connect to each other the way that we, in MUNA, have learned to connect to each other.” And that’s what MUNA does, in the end: it carves out a space in the middle of whatever existential muck you’re doing the everyday dog-paddle through and transports you, suddenly — you who’ve come to music looking for an answer you can’t find anywhere else — into a room where everything is possible, where the disco ball’s never stopped throwing sparkles on the walls, where you can sweat and cry and lie down on the floor and make out with whoever, where vulnerability in the presence of those who love you can make you feel momentarily bulletproof and self-consciousness only sharpens the swell of joy.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyrion_LMG

• josesuxx

• ultraviolence.xx

• The7thStranger

Spoiler

back in March Kind of girl was supposed to drop on April 29th and Home by now on May 27th

idk how the things are going now

source: apple music

14 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:
  Hide contents

back in March Kind of girl was supposed to drop on April 29th and Home by now on May 27th

idk how the things are going now

source: apple music

update

Spoiler

Home By Now still set for the 27.05.2022

Kind Of Girl 30.04.2022 now 

Just now, sam.teas said:

update

Hide contents

but I don't trust it

I adore MUNA... they bring out some exceptional pop tunes.

Anything But Me is one of my most played songs of the year... very eager for a full album.

Cant wait for Home by now i heard it’s a highlight :jonny4: anything but me is still on rotation 

Anything But Me is SOTY material

24 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

update

Reveal hidden contents

thanks, babe. stream Hatchie :heart:

I'm excited for this, I love Number One Fan and their cover of Motivation is better than the original tbh :WAP:

1 hour ago, sam.teas said:

update

Hide contents

Not a Saturday :toofunny3:

So excited for this! 

1 hour ago, original_lifeline said:

No Idea - Katie Gavin, Mitski Miyawaki, Josette Maskin & Naomi McPherson

WHAT WAS SAID??????

2 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

WHAT WAS SAID??????

THIS IS WHAT IM THINKING

Is a new song definitely coming this week or not? :katie:

15 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Is a new song definitely coming this week or not? :katie:

well
I don't trust Apple Music so much, so I wouldn't be surprised if the song isn't coming :chick3:

Another great song delivered.

So far:

ABN > SC > KOG

A serious AOTY contender at this point.

Edited by Tyrion_LMG

Can already hear on first listen KOG will be a huge grower, it builds so nicely during the track:clap3:

Reminds me of Good News in some way

Edited by pavi

Kind of Girl is a lovely ballad, and something I definitely would like to hear from an album. But I don't know if we needed it as a single. 

Kind of Girl is such a lovely track... the production and lyrics are wonderful. Every track has been a delight thus far! :smallflower:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.