LAMB vs. Loose vs. The Dutchess: most iconic era?

Broken

Most iconic era?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Most iconic era?

• Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
    • Loose
    • The Dutchess

Dutchess >>> Loose >>> LAMB

DUTCHESS had multiple global hits London Bridge, Glamorous, Fergalicious, Big Girls Don’t Cry, Clumsy, and three more songs that should have been global hits Here I Come, Losing My Ground, and Finally.

Loose has four certified hits but they’re all pretty basic compared to Fergie’s. What is the real impact of Promiscuous and Maneater? They just do not hold up. It’s a great club album.

LAMB has been overrated only Hollaback Girl is known that is not a good look honey 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BGXKB

• mlaredoperez

• Mystic Boy

• Broken

Top Posters In This Topic

mlaredoperez

LAMB by far.

better production , better videos , better album overall!

(Although Loose is a great album)

mlaredoperez
11 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Dutchess >>> Loose >>> LAMB

DUTCHESS had multiple global hits London Bridge, Glamorous, Fergalicious, Big Girls Don’t Cry, Clumsy, and three more songs that should have been global hits Here I Come, Losing My Ground, and Finally.

Loose has four certified hits but they’re all pretty basic compared to Fergie’s. What is the real impact of Promiscuous and Maneater? They just do not hold up. It’s a great club album.

LAMB has been overrated only Hollaback Girl is known that is not a good look honey 

WYWF, Rich Girl & Hollaback girl were bigger than Fergie’s first 3 singles in Europe

Probably LAMB. There were so many high profile female rock artists in the 90s like Alanis Morissette, Sheryl Crow, Shirley Manson, Sarah McLachlan, etc but none of them really transitioned to the 00s. LAMB gave Gwen longevity and reinvented her sound into something much more unexpected and urban influenced and that album is the reason why people still talk about Gwen to this day more than them and why she has a place in modern pop music that they lack

Edited by brainmaniac

7 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

WYWF, Rich Girl & Hollaback girl were bigger than Fergie’s first 3 singles in Europe

in Europe ??? :rip:

LAMB sold least ww. About half as many as the other two. It kind of tanked.

Edited by BGXKB

Loose, by far. it was so global, Nelly was enormous around the globe. He had been active for years, no one expected her to have such a huge era. Importantly, the album/era heralded a beginning of new pop that went on to dominate music for the rest of the decade.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/aug/13/nelly-furtado-loose-timbaland-promiscuous-10-years-later  

mlaredoperez
46 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

in Europe ??? :rip:

LAMB sold the least copies here. About half as many as the other two. It kind of tanked.

Europe Hot 100:

WYWF: #6  (year end: #27)

Rich Girl: #2

Hollaback Girl: #5 

London Bridge: #4  (year end: #40)

fergalicious: N/A

Glamorous: #14 

L.A.M.B because it influenced basically all Pop albums that came after ,including the other 2 in this thread :cm:

5 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Europe Hot 100:

WYWF: #6  (year end: #27)

Rich Girl: #2

Hollaback Girl: #5 

London Bridge: #4  (year end: #40)

fergalicious: N/A

Glamorous: #14 

I… don’t live in Europe I meant out of the three albums it sold the least amount of copies worldwide. It was cute that Gwen had a moment though but Fergie was such a force throughout the 2000s on another level. Gwen is really more a 90s girl but we were all here for her Salt-n-Pepa meets Madonna cheesy reggae fusionburger. It was tasty if not completely satiating. 

Edited by BGXKB

LAMB felt more iconic due to the aestherics of the era, the Harusuku girls and Hollaback Girl. Loose is the better and bigger album tho.

I don't get why people are saying LAMB inspired Loose when they sound nothing alike, in fact Nelly said that album was sort of inspired by M.I.A., Blondie, Madonna & Eurythmics and that's pretty obvious in tracks like Maneater, Glow, Do It, etc.

the one that includes the current number #1 single in the US :gaycat5:

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

LAMB felt more iconic due to the aestherics of the era, the Harusuku girls and Hollaback Girl. Loose is the better and bigger album tho.

I don't get why people are saying LAMB inspired Loose when they sound nothing alike, in fact Nelly said that album was sort of inspired by M.I.A., Blondie, Madonna & Eurythmics and that's pretty obvious in tracks like Maneater, Glow, Do It, etc.

This :clap3:

The Dutchess in the US and Loose WW

Nelly is still faceless in the US even when she snatch like 3 #1 from that era

I loved LAMB the most, but it seems kinda local to the gay hemisphere.

My straight friends only knows Hollaback Girls. :rip: 

16 hours ago, Losing my ground said:

The Dutchess, followed by LAMB.

Loose was kinda local to the anglo-world. Loved that era though!

Literally the opposite of the truth lmao

LAMB :hawkeye:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.